On Line Dating

I married someone I met on line also. But it was on a gaming site. Been married for 12 years.

I often wonder if those sites that try to match up interests etc. really work... or if people get "fooled" a lot....
If you're married, why this thread? :dunno:

My cousin used Match dot Com. He dated many girls before finding his life match. And believe me, she's awesome. :thup:

Mr. H, you ask why did she make this thread if she is married? Maybe she thinks she is a "goddess". Listen, on another thread "Bonzi" said that she was a follower of Jesus Christ, A Christian. What is missing in the OP about the old fashioned ways of meeting someone? What would be the first place a Christian would suggest meeting someone? In a church, in a bible study, a Christian singles group - yet none of that was mentioned. The use of the " " in using the word "fooling" was an obvious jesting of how easily you've all been fooled!

Don't you recognize her? Chalk this up to a not very well planned out "Bonzi Scheme" on USMB members! ha! ha! Don't waste another moment of your time trying to figure out why some people do what they do. It is what it is. "Deception".

Ye shall know them by their "fruits"....
All I ever met in church was fat old women looking for somebody with a steady check and a paid for house.

We don't have too many single people at our church... but we do have a few overweight women....
I don't mind overweight women. Some of the best women that I've ever met have been on the heavy side.

I married someone I met on line also. But it was on a gaming site. Been married for 12 years.

I often wonder if those sites that try to match up interests etc. really work... or if people get "fooled" a lot....

My cousin used Match dot Com. He dated many girls before finding his life match. And believe me, she's awesome. :thup:

Mr. H, you ask why did she make this thread if she is married? Maybe she thinks she is a "goddess". Listen, on another thread "Bonzi" said that she was a follower of Jesus Christ, A Christian. What is missing in the OP about the old fashioned ways of meeting someone? What would be the first place a Christian would suggest meeting someone? In a church, in a bible study, a Christian singles group - yet none of that was mentioned. The use of the " " in using the word "fooling" was an obvious jesting of how easily you've all been fooled!

Don't you recognize her? Chalk this up to a not very well planned out "Bonzi Scheme" on USMB members! ha! ha! Don't waste another moment of your time trying to figure out why some people do what they do. It is what it is. "Deception".

All I ever met in church was fat old women looking for somebody with a steady check and a paid for house.

We don't have too many single people at our church... but we do have a few overweight women....
I don't mind overweight women. Some of the best women that I've ever met have been on the heavy side.

I'm not overweight (well maybe 5 lbs) but, it's never been an issue with me. Attractiveness to me is something I don't have any "rules" about - I've dated overweight men, and average men (I never have dated a super-skinny guy though... hmm)... anyway, if you lined up my previous boyfriends etc. I don't think you would say any 2 looked even remotely similar....

I had to quit going because of the women.

I was about ready to tell the congregation I was gay.

Try really big, non-denominational churches. Or go to a Joel Osteen event.

I'm not overweight (well maybe 5 lbs) but, it's never been an issue with me. Attractiveness to me is something I don't have any "rules" about - I've dated overweight men, and average men (I never have dated a super-skinny guy though... hmm)... anyway, if you lined up my previous boyfriends etc. I don't think you would say any 2 looked even remotely similar....
People put way too much importance on looks. Personality, friendliness, self-confidence, kindness, and good company mean the world. Looks change, but rarely does the genuine person change.

Joel Osteen ????? Ha Ha Ha .......... I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. But, he is one of the best con men around. He's gotten filthy rich selling salvation and religion. He can hold his own with the best con artist around. His smooth talk can sell ice to an Eskimo.

Joel Osteen ????? Ha Ha Ha .......... I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. But, he is one of the best con men around. He's gotten filthy rich selling salvation and religion. He can hold his own with the best con artist around. His smooth talk can sell ice to an Eskimo.

Totally agree!

People put way too much importance on looks. Personality, friendliness, self-confidence, kindness, and good company mean the world. Looks change, but rarely does the genuine person change.

Well to some, looks are important. Just not to me... I have to be ATTRACTED to the person, but, for some, looks is on their criteria list... which is OK. We are all different and have different needs.

Well to some, looks are important. Just not to me... I have to be ATTRACTED to the person, but, for some, looks is on their criteria list... which is OK. We are all different and have different needs.
Looks can often times fool you. The best looks don't mean good person.

No doubt. I'm sure many a story can be told to attest to that!

I've heard many, many.

I've heard many, many.

Unfortunately, many people use their looks to take advantage of people, or to get other things (like favors, money, merchandise etc.) - and it's not exclusive to females.

To me those people are the lowest life forms (other than child molesters....)

I've heard many, many.

Unfortunately, many people use their looks to take advantage of people, or to get other things (like favors, money, merchandise etc.) - and it's not exclusive to females.

I've heard stories of the same. I agree.

Oy! That's a little accusatory and over the top Jer. Maybe she is just a curious person and was wondering about how single people meet up nowadays?

I've heard many, many.

Why? Unless you are talking about conning people, I don't really understand this comment. And to claim that they are as bad as child molesters or even close? That's a bit of overkill IMO. So what exactly do you mean when you say they "use their looks?" How do they use their looks to get what they want?

I've heard many, many.

Such as?

I've heard many, many.

Why? Unless you are talking about conning people, I don't really understand this comment. And to claim that they are as bad as child molesters or even close? That's a bit of overkill IMO. So what exactly do you mean when you say they "use their looks?" How do they use their looks to get what they want?

It was an exaggeration admittedly... but using people to get their money when you don't care about them or love them... not right

I've heard many, many.

It was an exaggeration admittedly... but using people to get their money when you don't care about them or love them... not right

How are they using them? Do you think the other person is using the attractive person for their own purposes as well?

I've heard many, many.

Such as?
Such as what?

Let's look at it this way. Does anyone think that the old fat rich man thinks that the young beautiful 20-something-year-old that he is sleeping with is in love with him or finds him to be a sexual turn on? Perhaps he has a big wanker or something, but regardless.
giggle.gif
And does she think that he is actually "in love" with her? Or is he just using her perhaps for her body and the sexual experiences?

Were any of 'em shorter than you?
If not, would it be an issue?

Forum List

Back