On Monday President Obama Will Issue Another Executive Order

And although I do appreciate the positive rep, Liberal Media...I'm NOT a liberal. Let me guess...someone told you that ALL conservatives hate gay people and you assumed that because I was not opposed to gay marriage that I HAD to be a liberal?

And although I do appreciate the positive rep, Liberal Media...I'm NOT a liberal. Let me guess...someone told you that ALL conservatives hate gay people and you assumed that because I was not opposed to gay marriage that I HAD to be a liberal?

Oh, I thought you were one of the gays. (-:

I'm curious...why would you want to force someone to bake you a gay wedding cake that doesn't want to when there are a hundred that would LOVE to bake you a gay wedding cake?

Social progress cannot be made unless we carry all of society along with us. Often times, this means that we must drag the lower echelons of society--the racists, sexists, and other purveyors of unbridled discrimination--onward even as they kick and scream and insist that we're destroying "their" country, but it must be done.

My problem with that statement is who gets to decide what is "social progress" and what is not?

Well that sounds like a personal problem. You've got a lot of introspecting to do. You can get started after you take off the tinfoil hat you've evidently been wearing for a long time.

What you're saying mirrors the justification that some really despicable people have used throughout history to impose "their" ideas of what progress is on others.

Name the "despicable people" you're referring to, use quotes to identify their ideas on progress and the justifications they used for them, and explain in detail how their ideas and justifications mirror what I said in the post of mine you're quoting.

Do YOU know what's best for everyone?

Yes--what's best is whatever President Obama wills, end of story.

And you think this is a good thing??

Yes. Why do you seem to think it isn't? I'm assuming it has something to do with this:

Anyone that thinks forcing people to cater to other people whims is a very immature and selfish.

While I'm glad that you are clearly a proletariat expressing your malcontent with the bourgeoisie and are indicating your desire to rebel against and overthrow the management overclass forcing us to cater to their immature, selfish whims, I think that you're taking it just a bit too far here. Forcing the homophobic dregs of society to catch up with 21st-Century culture isn't a bad thing; this, friend, is what we call progress.

Let me guess...PolySci major? :D:badgrin::D:lol: Don't worry...you'll start to figure it all out once you get out of college and into the real world.

I'm a Womyn's Studies major and African-American History minor, actually, and I already have plenty of "real world" experience. I love how you say that as if what I've learned at my institution of hyghyr lyyrnyng is somehow not real.

Until then...a piece of advice...big words are used by most people to hide how little they know...not to show how much.

"Hyuck hyuck, y'all city folks iz dum, i kin tell by thuh way y'all use them thar big ol' werds!"

It's nice to know that some people have no qualms about voicing their displeasure at the higher level of education those around them have.

Obama would not have to issue executive orders IF congress would do its job. Think about this for a second; The House of Representatives will be taking the whole month of August off. That's right, they are not scheduled to meet until sometime in September and then for only 6 or 8 days. Recall, it is the republicans who believe welfare should not be given to people who don't work and yet they will be paid damn well for doing absolutely nothing. If that is not hypocrasy I do not know what is.

Dude, Congress ALWAYS shuts down for the August break. Some members go on vacations...most take this time to meet with their constituents and do a little fund raising. This isn't something that "snuck up" on people. The GOP led House has been sending bills to the Senate for the better part of two years now and Harry Reid has been tabling the majority of them...that means that Reid is not allowing them to even come to the floor for discussion, let alone a vote. So if Barry REALLY wants to start getting things done...all he needs to do is make a phone call to Harry Reid and tell him that it's time to stop obstructing House bills and time to start debating and voting on them on the floor of the Senate!

What's hypocritical is to accuse the GOP led House of not doing it's "job"...when in fact the House IS doing it's job and it's the Democratically controlled Senate that is not doing it's job!
Just because they traditionally take August off DOES NOT mean it is carved in stone. This country has major problems (immigration and infrastructure to name a few) and instead of working on them they will take a months vacation. And as for the House doing its job, I suppose passing the same bill 50 times while knowing it had zero chance of passing is what you call doing its job. Between now and the end of the year there are 108 potential working days (Monday through Friday) and the House is scheduled to work 27 of those days. In other words they will be in session about 1 day in every 4 days. Is that what your work week was like? IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL DOING ITS JOB?

It's alright; I understand that it can often take some time to come out of the ideological closet. Embrace your identity as a lybyryl and join us on the good syde of major issues. You already clearly endorse the destruction and/or government takeover of the Christian church, as well as the overthrow of the capitalist pigs obstructing President Obama's plans for redistribution of wealth, so to claim you're anything but a lybyryl prygryssyve is beyond absurd.

USMB supports the freedom of speech. You won't be punished for being an out lybyryl here; rather, you will find more acceptance here than possibly anywhere else you could go, online or off.

Social progress cannot be made unless we carry all of society along with us. Often times, this means that we must drag the lower echelons of society--the racists, sexists, and other purveyors of unbridled discrimination--onward even as they kick and scream and insist that we're destroying "their" country, but it must be done.

My problem with that statement is who gets to decide what is "social progress" and what is not?

Well that sounds like a personal problem. You've got a lot of introspecting to do. You can get started after you take off the tinfoil hat you've evidently been wearing for a long time.

What you're saying mirrors the justification that some really despicable people have used throughout history to impose "their" ideas of what progress is on others.

Name the "despicable people" you're referring to, use quotes to identify their ideas on progress and the justifications they used for them, and explain in detail how their ideas and justifications mirror what I said in the post of mine you're quoting.

Do YOU know what's best for everyone?

Yes--what's best is whatever President Obama wills, end of story.

Stalin felt that he was bringing "progress" to the Soviet Union. Mao thought he was bringing "progress" to China. Hitler believed wholeheartedly that he was bringing "progress" to Germany. Pol Pot was convinced that he was bringing "progress" to Cambodia.

My point is that when a small group of people decide what "progress" is...with the belief that THEY know better than everyone else...you're headed down a path that often times leads to ugliness. It's a concept that The Founding Fathers understood only too well which is why they deliberately made it hard for a dictator to impose their will on the American system of government.

As for Barack Obama making the call? With all due respect...he hasn't exactly shown me much in the way of innovative thought or leadership. If we "must" have a dictator...could we at least have one that has some skills along those lines?

It's alright; I understand that it can often take some time to come out of the ideological closet. Embrace your identity as a lybyryl and join us on the good syde of major issues. You already clearly endorse the destruction and/or government takeover of the Christian church, as well as the overthrow of the capitalist pigs obstructing President Obama's plans for redistribution of wealth, so to claim you're anything but a lybyryl prygryssyve is beyond absurd.

USMB supports the freedom of speech. You won't be punished for being an out lybyryl here; rather, you will find more acceptance here than possibly anywhere else you could go, online or off.

Sorry, I was a liberal when I was young and naive. We used to get stoned and talk about "capitalist pigs" and "the man" back then too. Funny thing...as much as we railed against capitalism? We never came up with something that worked as well as capitalism did. It's forty years later and you're here parroting the same nonsense that we were in '68.

Last edited:
Obama would not have to issue executive orders IF congress would do its job. Think about this for a second; The House of Representatives will be taking the whole month of August off. That's right, they are not scheduled to meet until sometime in September and then for only 6 or 8 days. Recall, it is the republicans who believe welfare should not be given to people who don't work and yet they will be paid damn well for doing absolutely nothing. If that is not hypocrasy I do not know what is.

Dude, Congress ALWAYS shuts down for the August break. Some members go on vacations...most take this time to meet with their constituents and do a little fund raising. This isn't something that "snuck up" on people. The GOP led House has been sending bills to the Senate for the better part of two years now and Harry Reid has been tabling the majority of them...that means that Reid is not allowing them to even come to the floor for discussion, let alone a vote. So if Barry REALLY wants to start getting things done...all he needs to do is make a phone call to Harry Reid and tell him that it's time to stop obstructing House bills and time to start debating and voting on them on the floor of the Senate!

What's hypocritical is to accuse the GOP led House of not doing it's "job"...when in fact the House IS doing it's job and it's the Democratically controlled Senate that is not doing it's job!
Just because they traditionally take August off DOES NOT mean it is carved in stone. This country has major problems (immigration and infrastructure to name a few) and instead of working on them they will take a months vacation. And as for the House doing its job, I suppose passing the same bill 50 times while knowing it had zero chance of passing is what you call doing its job. Between now and the end of the year there are 108 potential working days (Monday through Friday) and the House is scheduled to work 27 of those days. In other words they will be in session about 1 day in every 4 days. Is that what your work week was like? IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL DOING ITS JOB?

With all due respect...what difference does it make WHAT the House does if the Senate won't even bring those bills to the floor for discussion? They could work 24/7 and send a thousand bills to the Senate but if Harry Reid tables them...which he's been doing for two years now...what would it matter?

You want to end Washington gridlock? Write the President and tell him to get Harry Reid off his ass and back to work.

Yes. Why do you seem to think it isn't? I'm assuming it has something to do with this:

While I'm glad that you are clearly a proletariat expressing your malcontent with the bourgeoisie and are indicating your desire to rebel against and overthrow the management overclass forcing us to cater to their immature, selfish whims, I think that you're taking it just a bit too far here. Forcing the homophobic dregs of society to catch up with 21st-Century culture isn't a bad thing; this, friend, is what we call progress.

Let me guess...PolySci major? :D:badgrin::D:lol: Don't worry...you'll start to figure it all out once you get out of college and into the real world.

I'm a Womyn's Studies major and African-American History minor, actually, and I already have plenty of "real world" experience. I love how you say that as if what I've learned at my institution of hyghyr lyyrnyng is somehow not real.

Until then...a piece of advice...big words are used by most people to hide how little they know...not to show how much.

"Hyuck hyuck, y'all city folks iz dum, i kin tell by thuh way y'all use them thar big ol' werds!"

It's nice to know that some people have no qualms about voicing their displeasure at the higher level of education those around them have.

Gee, I've got a degree in History from the University of Massachusetts and an MBA from Boston University. Woman's Studies and African-American History? Really? I took a woman's studies class once...one of the easiest classes I took in school. I told the professor what she wanted to hear (with lots of fancy language throw in for effect!) and she gave me an A.

With all due respect...what difference does it make WHAT the House does if the Senate won't even bring those bills to the floor for discussion? They could work 24/7 and send a thousand bills to the Senate but if Harry Reid tables them...which he's been doing for two years now...what would it matter?

You want to end Washington gridlock? Write the President and tell him to get Harry Reid off his ass and back to work.
Those House bills are either pure propaganda
or blocked by PUBS in the Senate, hater dupe. Your party is a bs disgrace, dingbat.

Glorious.

"You can't force me to bake a gay wedding cake!"

Actually, yes. Yes we can. Thus saith President Obama.

Such delicious conservatard tears.

I'm curious...why would you want to force someone to bake you a gay wedding cake that doesn't want to when there are a hundred that would LOVE to bake you a gay wedding cake? I personally don't have a problem with same sex marriage but I don't think I have the right to impose my beliefs on someone else. I do however have the right to take my business elsewhere and the amazing thing about THAT is it doesn't take government intervention to make all parties happy.

That sounds like the same argument that Southerners made about Jim Crow.

Businesses are public accommodations. this is established law. Other than the desperation of the last bit of homophobia you can hold on to, there's no legal or rational basis for it.

Glorious.

"You can't force me to bake a gay wedding cake!"

Actually, yes. Yes we can. Thus saith President Obama.

Such delicious conservatard tears.

I'm curious...why would you want to force someone to bake you a gay wedding cake that doesn't want to when there are a hundred that would LOVE to bake you a gay wedding cake? I personally don't have a problem with same sex marriage but I don't think I have the right to impose my beliefs on someone else. I do however have the right to take my business elsewhere and the amazing thing about THAT is it doesn't take government intervention to make all parties happy.

Businesses are public accommodations. this is established law. Other than the desperation of the last bit of homophobia you can hold on to, there's no legal or rational basis for it.

Excellent point, fellow lybyryl!

Drive it home, straight (no pun intended) into the heart of their bigotry and hatred, by citing the law that establishes businesses as public accommodations. This way, conservatard bigots will have no where to run, and no way to deny their own inability to fathom the absolute truth you've dropped on them.

or blocked by PUBS in the Senate, hater dupe. Your party is a bs disgrace, dingbat.

I believe the total number of bills that Reid has tabled has now reached 359. That's THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE HOUSE BILLS THAT HARRY REID WON'T BRING TO THE FLOOR!!!

The "disgrace", Franco, is Leader of the Senate Harry Reid...who since the Democrats lost control of the House two years ago has hijacked the legislative process. What's he afraid of? Bring those bills to the floor...debate them...amend them...DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!! Either that or resign and let someone else do it for you.

Excellent point, fellow lybyryl!

Drive it home, straight (no pun intended) into the heart of their bigotry and hatred, by citing the law that establishes businesses as public accommodations. This way, conservatard bigots will have no where to run, and no way to deny their own inability to fathom the absolute truth you've dropped on them.

Funny how you sent me this message, along with positive rep when you thought I was a liberal "A great question that improved the discussion. Carry on the fyght for truth and justyce, fellow lybyryl." but then accuse me of bigotry and an inability to fathom the truth about the very same post of mine when I inform you that I'm actually a conservative.

I believe the total number of bills that Reid has tabled has now reached 359. That's THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE HOUSE BILLS THAT HARRY REID WON'T BRING TO THE FLOOR!!!

The "disgrace", Franco, is Leader of the Senate Harry Reid...who since the Democrats lost control of the House two years ago has hijacked the legislative process. What's he afraid of? Bring those bills to the floor...debate them...amend them...DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!! Either that or resign and let someone else do it for you.

And not a single one that's not idiotic propaganda, or that Pubs in the senate have blocked themselves, dingbat dupe. Give me ONE good bill he's blocked, FOOL. And I'll show you you've been duped AGAIN.:eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

So all 359 bills that Harry Reid has tabled...including ones that had bi-partisan support in the House...are bad bills? As usual, Franco...your partisan blinders have you looking incredibly naive. The truth is...Harry Reid didn't want Senate Democrats on the record voting against things like the Keystone Pipeline bill so he's protected them by not allowing that bill to come to the floor. That's the epitome of legislative cowardice. If you don't like something in a bill...STAND UP AND VOTE AGAINST IT!

Forum List

Back