Once and for all: Why isn't Trump demanding that we open back up TODAY?

I've seen about a zillion threads about how the threat of the Coronavirus has been overblown, the numbers are wrong, it's a commie conspiracy, etc. etc. We've all seen them.

So tell me: Why isn't Trump out there, every single day, DEMANDING that states and cities open up 100%?

Yes, before you say it, we all know Trump can't make governors and mayors open up. But his is the biggest bully pulpit on the planet, and there is NOTHING stopping him from being a LEADER and SAYING it.

Right now. Day in, day out. Non stop. He has the microphone and the attention of the country.

Trump supporters celebrate his willingness to "speak his mind", but they're giving him a MASSIVE pass on this, as they keep COMPLAINING about it. Why?
Moonbats six weeks ago: TRUMP IS LITERALLY A DICTATOR!!

Moonbats today: WHY WON'T TRUMP ORDER EVERYONE TO GET BACK TO WORK?!?

You fuckwads would be funny, were y'all not so drearily predictable.

Even though mac is a childish troll, i'll bite on this one. He has trouble with questioning the response to the virus with support for Trump. That makes a little sense, even though mac is a douche. Personally, I don't understand the shutdown of the economy for a virus that has a low lethality and a specific at risk group. I never did. To Mac, this means I'm supposed to say democrats were right, Trump is evil, and let's vote for a guy with dementia and corruption problems. While I don't understand the response, I'm not a viral expert, and with an unknown I won't shit my pants over caution. So Mac, you little stinker, just because we don't understand the response, doesn't mean that we need to hate a president who seems to have common sense. I'm comfortable with the fact that I don't have all the information and that Trump acted in the best interest of the country. He has a track record of country first.

20/20 Hindsight is a glorious thing with which to use to bah your political opponents.

Remember, the people who are attempting to 'take down' Trump this fall are the same people who called the China Travel Ban Xenophobic, opposed it, wrote legislation to stop it, downplayed the virus, told people to go about their lives and ignore it, herd in large numbers, come to Chinatown, come to NY / Broadway, ride public transportation, lick windows, etc....

I've seen about a zillion threads about how the threat of the Coronavirus has been overblown, the numbers are wrong, it's a commie conspiracy, etc. etc. We've all seen them.

So tell me: Why isn't Trump out there, every single day, DEMANDING that states and cities open up 100%?

Yes, before you say it, we all know Trump can't make governors and mayors open up. But his is the biggest bully pulpit on the planet, and there is NOTHING stopping him from being a LEADER and SAYING it.

Right now. Day in, day out. Non stop. He has the microphone and the attention of the country.

Trump supporters celebrate his willingness to "speak his mind", but they're giving him a MASSIVE pass on this, as they keep COMPLAINING about it. Why?
Shut up

Thanks

That's it. Unworthy of a response. Trump has said many times that he will leave it up to the states and local municipalities to decide what's best for their areas.

Trump is a gutless wonder who is afraid of being blamed for all the death he's caused. He's survived this long by lying to the American public, and getting FOX News to provide cover for his lies and the damage he's done with his senseless trade wars, and tariffs.

Like all gutless bullies, he's running away from the virus because he doesn't know what to do about and he can't spin this, or bully it into submission. He attacks reporters for asking perfectly reasonable questions about his statements and his decisions.

This business of casting blame on China will not go well for Trump when Americans realize that Americans have suffered more under this virus than any other country in the world. More illness, more death, least effective governmental response.

Other governments listened to the experts, prepared, shut down early and hard, and squashed this bug. Even the Italians managed to get it under control, but they were caught flat footed. Trump had ample time to prepare and chose not to do so.

Because Trump is going to watch the democratic governors destroy themselves. Why should he stop this
So this is about politics over country. He'd destroy the economy for political gain.

Okay, there's a straight answer. Cool.
Nope the governors asserted their power and if they start a civil war then I can start shooting libs

Works fine for me
Gee, a blob supporter wanting to murder people. Must be a Monday
Are you an official Biden diaper changer?

Explain this please. IF the governors are suppose to be making the decisions why are they not up front every day at the virus briefing's? Explain why the president has put him self out in front every single day vacillating between its nothing, Its bad, its bad But, China's fault, no clear one direction message no wonder people are confused.
Cuomo was actually doing this but for two weeks he screamed that NY needed 40,000 ventilators and 10,000 new hospital beds.

Then the Navy hospital ship left because there were no patients and NY gave up ventilators that were not needed. LOL chomo mocked himself silly

Fer the lovva God man, he's already being blamed for enough deaths even though he did everything he could to blame others …. he's not going in that cage with the lion again. LOL

Is this another one of your bizarre 'just seeking analytics' threads?

Boy, I just LOVE it when Trump stands up for us and for America, when he attacks the other side, when he jumps down their throats, when he counter-punches, and when he doesn't give a shit and doesn't worry about offending people! MAGA! Dittos! Deep State! Commies! Go Trump, let 'em have it!

(except, um, now, during a national emergency, when we need strong leadership, when it's best he shuts the fuck up, and bends over for Democrat governors and mayors)

:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Explain this please. IF the governors are suppose to be making the decisions why are they not up front every day at the virus briefing's? Explain why the president has put him self out in front every single day vacillating between its nothing, Its bad, its bad But, China's fault, no clear one direction message no wonder people are confused.
My governor, Newsom, holds a daily press briefing.
So does Cuomo.
So does Dewine.
So does Pritzker.
So does Murphy.
So does Inslee.
So does Holcomb.
So does Hogan.
So do many more.

People should listen to their own governors and stop listening to Trump. He has no idea what to do about the virus.

TDS thread. Nothing here folks. Just more worthless leftist traitor hack sewage.
Well, Mac DOES appear to have the intelligence of an enlightened turnip. So there's THAT.
So this is the best you guys can do. "TDS" and personal insults.

Sometimes it's smarter not to say anything, than it is to jump in and illustrate my point for me.
Yep, sometimes it's smarter not to say anything....but then again you are a loony liberal, we wouldn’t have expected anything less.

Boy, I just LOVE it when Trump stands up for us and for America, when he attacks the other side, when he jumps down their throats, when he counter-punches, and when he doesn't give a shit and doesn't worry about offending people! MAGA! Dittos! Deep State! Commies! Go Trump, let 'em have it!

(except, um, now, during a national emergency, when we need strong leadership, when it's best he shuts the fuck up, and bends over for Democrat governors and mayors)

Well, this gives Trump "plausible denial". It's not Trump's fault all those people died. The governors, especially the Democratic governors, let their people down. Remember "Only I can fix it"?

At some point, Trump will get up on his high horse and say the governors have blown it, and I'll fix this and throw a whole lot of money at corporations, to hire people they don't need.

Well, this gives Trump "plausible denial". It's not Trump's fault all those people died. The governors, especially the Democratic governors, let their people down. Remember "Only I can fix it"?

At some point, Trump will get up on his high horse and say the governors have blown it, and I'll fix this and throw a whole lot of money at corporations, to hire people they don't need.
Yeah, there's no doubt he'll claim 100% credit, as will his fans. No matter what.

Mac seems to be pissed that Trump is addressing the democrats at their own level.

Good. Democrats are willing to fuck the whole country up, lock down everything, destroy their own economy... to not have the best president in history re-elected.

It's ok that he plays dirty against those guys and takes the credit for "saving" millions of lives. The best part is that the country won't be locked up for much longer since the disease is being defeated. no matter how much democrats would like to have the doom scenario - the economy will be fine by November.

Last edited:
Classic Mac thread by the way... president Trump has done nothing wrong, but is still somehow wrong and so very problematic... because of his behavior or some other nonsense without doubt. President Trump played the situation very well, exceeding all expectations, that is a fact.

Last edited:

It couldn't POSSIBLY be because he recognizes that that isn't the best way to go about getting it done, or anything.

It couldn't POSSIBLY be because he recognizes that that isn't the best way to go about getting it done, or anything.
And that, as I've pointed out elsewhere in the thread, is the answer.

Therefore, who is wrong? Trump, or the Trumpsters who are fighting this every step of the way in the name of Freedom and Liberty?

Classic Mac thread by the way... president Trump has done nothing wrong, but is still somehow wrong and so very problematic... because of his behavior or some other nonsense without doubt. President Trump played the situation very well, exceeding all expectations, that is a fact.
He predicted we would have zero cases...we have over 1.2 million currently. He could have said we’d have 200K and would have still missed by a million.

Because the DNC their sycophant MSM would decimate him and try to upend his candidacy. Trump needs not only MAGA people but also needs Independants....It's called politics. Ask your nanny Nancy about that.
He's afraid of what people will say? What kind of leader is that? Has he no convictions?
Well, to be fair, I edited my reply and you pulled the trigger too soon. The States have sovereign power. Do you want Trump to act like a Tyrant? Oh yeah, you do. BTW I never said Trump was afraid of what people will say, you made that up. A President serves at the behest of We The People and, unlike the snot-smearing Pelosi, he cares what we think. I know that gets your TDS panties in a wad but, live with it. Trump will be President for the forseeable future....Too bad for you.
I don't see an answer in that talk radio diatribe.

He's supposed to keep his mouth shut at this historically important time? Isn't he a leader?

Why do you guys celebrate when he "speaks his mind", but give him a pass at such a crucial moment?

We both know the answer to that, but I'm enjoying watching you guys spin and deflect and attack.

I hate to break it to you, but "Orange Man Bad", who you leftists love to sneer at as being so dumb, understands the powers and responsibilities of the Presidency far better than you do. Where you think "what a leader does" is comprised of "Just going out and seizing power to enact what I think is correct", Trump knows that a leader shows his people the way that's best for them and then trusts them to do it. He also knows that if he WERE to try to behave the way you're excoriating him for not behaving, you would then instantly start excoriating him for THAT. Since there is literally no pleasing you and your compatriots, because he's always going to be wrong in the most fundamental act of being a Republican President, he's making the wise decision of following the law and respecting the system and the rights of the states and the people.

So how does it feel to be less intelligent, less insightful, and less American than Donald Trump?

Forum List

Back