One black achievement we can all celebrate

“Clearly, the ability to score ideological points against American society or Western civilization, or to induce guilt and thereby extract benefits from the white population today, are greatly enhanced by making enslavement appear to be a peculiarly American, or a peculiarly white, crime.”

Thomas Sowell, "On the Real History of Slavery & Racism," 2005, 111.
And yet, in this case, the OP was attempting to lay the blame of slavery in America at the foot of a black man. To what might we assign as the motivating force behind it?

“Clearly, the ability to score ideological points against American society or Western civilization, or to induce guilt and thereby extract benefits from the white population today, are greatly enhanced by making enslavement appear to be a peculiarly American, or a peculiarly white, crime.”

And yet, in this case, the OP was attempting to lay the blame of slavery in America at the foot of a black man. To what might we assign as the motivating force behind it?
I don't think that was what he was doing. If that was what he was trying to do he could have made a much better argument about Africans enslaving Africans and selling them to Muslims.

The OP was trying to troll IM. But in reality he effectively admitted that he was proud that a black man enslaved another black man when he claimed this was history we could all celebrate.

I don't think he thought that through.

I don't think that was what he was doing. If that was what he was trying to do he could have made a much better argument about Africans enslaving Africans and selling them to Muslims.

The OP was trying to troll IM. But in reality he effectively admitted that he was proud that a black man enslaved another black man when he claimed this was history we could all celebrate.

I don't think he thought that through.
I have no doubt he was trolling. But it is what he did.

"The first person to have slavery legally recognized, which, changed the colonies workforce completely.
Yippy!"

It was a backhanded compliment to IM2. I have already stated that.
I just didnt have all my facts together. It happens.

It was a backhanded compliment to IM2. I have already stated that.
I just didnt have all my facts together. It happens.
Back handed compliment or thinly veiled insult?

Do you even know the difference?

Here's a black invention we can all celebrate, she can even fry her own food!
download.jpg

Forum List

Back