One God, as a Universal Trinity: How do YOU explain this?

I keep running into people who do not understand that "the Trinity" does not mean three separate gods, but only One God represented on three levels, like First Person, Second Person or Third Person that are three perspectives of the same.

Has anyone here had success explaining to someone who "rejects the Trinity" that this is a universal representation and is still the same ONE GOD, not three and not unnatural or false.

I have found similar "Trinity" patterns in all other religions or laws I have looked at.
Because all people are body/mind/spirit so this is going to be reflected in every system.
I believe this is consistent with the concept that man is made in the image of God; humans have three levels of experience, and collectively this is also what God symbolizes combined.

* individual or physical level
* collective or spiritual level
* and some 'intermediary' level of psychology, conscience, laws or relations
joining the other two levels as one in harmony.

So I have no problem translating the concept of God into different people's representations, so long as we "agree on truth" in Christ Jesus or by Conscience so our concepts align.

If you have explanations that you have shared with others,
please feel free to post them there. Thank you very much!

I don't think there needs to be any conflict between these
systems, but believe they can all be reconciled to express the same universal Truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
H
One God, as a Universal Trinity: How do YOU explain this?

Because language's nuance is inexact to handle this type of question, it can't explained competently.

How is it even possible for a person to understand what cannot be explained competently?

How is it possible to believe in something you don't understand?

Jesus said the truth is simple, comprehension either granted or denied by God.

The simple answer as to why the trinity can't be explained competently is because it is not rational or true.

Anyone who cannot accept this cannot accept this because they are suffering from the death consequent for setting aside the Law of God and worshiping a false coequal trinity that is not God , has no life, and does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

Hobelim,

It is not fair and it is deceitful for you to appeal to the audience when you are biased against the revelation of God. All you have done is argue too much and it is an interruption that makes it hard for anyone to teach or show the truth to you because you aren't ready to listen and the Bible is full of examples that you are not open to listen to.

I think you need to beg for credibility here because a simple reading of the text could explain things to you. I do evangelism and teaching for you as I get little out of it.

Chuck

I keep running into people who do not understand that "the Trinity" does not mean three separate gods, but only One God represented on three levels, like First Person, Second Person or Third Person that are three perspectives of the same.

Has anyone here had success explaining to someone who "rejects the Trinity" that this is a universal representation and is still the same ONE GOD, not three and not unnatural or false.

I have found similar "Trinity" patterns in all other religions or laws I have looked at.
Because all people are body/mind/spirit so this is going to be reflected in every system.
I believe this is consistent with the concept that man is made in the image of God; humans have three levels of experience, and collectively this is also what God symbolizes combined.

* individual or physical level
* collective or spiritual level
* and some 'intermediary' level of psychology, conscience, laws or relations
joining the other two levels as one in harmony.

So I have no problem translating the concept of God into different people's representations, so long as we "agree on truth" in Christ Jesus or by Conscience so our concepts align.

If you have explanations that you have shared with others,
please feel free to post them there. Thank you very much!

I don't think there needs to be any conflict between these
systems, but believe they can all be reconciled to express the same universal Truth.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The verse means to explicate the extent of God's "fury", so to speak.
God to send down Fire and Brimstone from the earthly universe, but from the Heavenly universe.
The intent is that these civilizations had become so corrupt that even their heavenly equivalent was eliminated.

As chuck pointed out 'from' indicates position and as everyone should already know 'heaven' means the sky.

There could be any number of natural explanations for fire and brimstone raining down from the sky that people of the time would have interpreted as a judgment from an angry God.

What is nowhere to be found in Genesis 19, or any other book of the entire OT, is any support for the belief in a trinity or the belief that God could become a human being.

Hobelim,

I am not interpreting the verse. The translation uses the word heaven so that is what I use. I am not saying it doesn't mean sky but the fire could have come from space or however God did it.

God took on human flesh (John 1:14) and tabernacled with us.

Chuck

Chuck, you seem to have forgotten that you were trying demonstrate a basis for your idolatrous belief in a trinity by trying to show that since 'The Lord ' was used twice in a sentence there are at least two gods.

And someone gave you a degree?

John 1:14, The Word became flesh" is simply the author establishing that flesh became a metaphor for words from God that came into the world like a light through Jesus a man, hence ,"Eat my flesh"..

This is how the word dwells among us;

"If you keep my commandments, you will dwell in my love, as I kept my Father's commandments and dwell in his love." john 15:10

BTW, Tabernacled?

Do yourself a favor and buy a better translation.

hobelim, jeri, chuckt, and the gnostic (don't remember the name) are all concerned for God's will and everyone else as well. All well and good, and I salute you for it. hob, you of all people should not speak about nuance; you don't understand the language, I get that: but you have no authority (none of us do) to judge anyone else in terms of good or bad in terms of grace when it comes to Jesus.

To all of us who believe, continue to lean on the Lord, love your neighbor, and take care of your business.

Last edited:
ACTS
1. Peter says so, in Acts 4:10-12, by stating that salvation can ONLY be found in the name of JESUS. Isaiah 43:11,12 tell us that God is the ONLY Savior. In John 14:6, Jesus claimed to be the ONLY way to Heaven.

2. Paul says so, in Acts 20:28, "Take heed therefore unto yourselves...to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Paul states that God paid for our sins with His own blood. 1st Peter 1:18,19 clearly states that Jesus is the Lamb of God which shed His blood for our sins. Hence, Jesus is Almighty God!

ROMANS
1. Paul says so, The Resurrection of Jesus Christ proves His Deity ( Romans 1:1-4)

2. Nature says so, giving understanding and clarity to the fact that Jesus Christ is God. "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:18-20; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16).

3. Lost sinners know so, who knowing the judgment of God..." (Romans 1:18, 24-32). Only Jesus Christ Himself judges sin! (John 5:22). The unsaved realize that someday they will stand before Jesus Christ to be judged.

4. Abraham says so, by believing God. Genesis 15:6 states Abraham believed the LORD! James 2:19 says believing in God is not enough to be saved. John 3:16 says believing in Jesus Christ is enough, so we must conclude that
Abraham believed on Jesus Christ as God because he was justified in Romans 4:3 (Rom 4:1-5)

5. Paul says so, by declaring that Jesus Christ is Eternal and Immortal! (Romans 6:9,10).

6. Paul says so, by declaring that Jesus is risen! (Romans 8:34).

7. Isaiah says so, by prophesying about the coming Messiah who would die on the cross (Romans 9:25-33. Verse 33 states... "Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed." This is a quote from Isaiah 28:16. Paul said that the "LORD" of Isaiah 10:23 is the same "LORD" that died on the cross (Romans 10:11).

8. Paul says so by quoting Psalm 40:17, 14:7, Isaiah 27:9. Jesus Christ as our Deliverer is God. All will confess Jesus as God at the Judgment Seat! (Romans 14:11).

GISMYS, you are no authority to interpret the Bible for anyone else but yourself.

Go to your secret chamber and lean of the Lord, praying for humility and guidance, please.

gismys, you are no authority to interpret the bible for anyone else but yourself.

Go to your secret chamber and lean of the lord, praying for humility and guidance, please.

interpret???????????????? No!!! Just believe God's Word!!!

Last edited:
CHRIST IS GOD!
WHO SAYS SO
==1ST CORINTHIANS 1.Paul says so! 1st Corinthians 1:10, "...of our Lord Jesus Christ." "Lord" comes from the Greek word "KURIOS," meaning "supreme in authority." Only God can be Supreme in Authority.
2.Born again Jews and Greeks say Jesus is God! I Corinthians 1:24, "Christ the power of God." Christ comes from Greek Christos meaning "Messiah." Colossians 3:24 refers to the same Messiah as "LORD," meaning "supreme in Authority." Jesus is Almighty God.
3.The brethren say Jesus is God! 1st Corinthians 9:5, "Brethren of the Lord." "LORD" comes from Greek "KURIOS" meaning" Supreme in Authority."
4.Paul says so, by referring to Jesus Christ as Lord! We know this verse speaks of Jesus because John 5:22 says only Jesus will judge sin (also, see 1st Corinthians 4:4).
5.Paul says so, by referring to Jesus Christ as Lord! "LORD" meaning "Supreme in Authority" (1st Corinthians 5:4).
6.Paul says so, by declaring Jesus Christ as the Creator of all things! (1st Corinthians 8:6; also see John 1:1-4)
7.Paul says so, by declaring Jesus Christ has risen and spoken to him! (1st Corinthians 11:24-26). Paul in verse 26 expects the LORD Jesus Christ to return again! He speaks of Jesus as the Eternal One.
8.Paul says so, by calling Jesus "LORD," meaning "Supreme in Authority "(1st Corinthians 11:32; John 5:22)
9.The HOLY GHOST says so, (1st Corinthians 12:1-3). It is the HOLY GHOST Himself who gives mankind the knowledge that Jesus is God! He may do this through nature (Romans 1:18-20).
10.Paul says so, (1st Corinthians 12:18) by claiming God as the Creator. John 1:3 teaches us that Jesus Christ made all things. Also see Colossians 1:14.
11.Paul says so, by claiming God as the Builder of the Church! (1st Corinthians 12:28). Matthew 16:18 says Jesus is the Builder!
12.Paul says so, by claiming Christ has risen! (1st Corinthians 15:4). See Job 19:25.

2ND CORINTHIANS
1.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the Christ (2nd Corinthians 1:1). Acts 9:5 --God calls Himself "Jesus."
2.Paul says so, by claiming that he 's trusting is God for salvation (2nd Corinthians 1:9,10). Isaiah 45:22 clearly states that Jesus Christ is the one who saves. Also John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Acts 4:10-12.
3.Paul says so, by claiming that Jesus is the Holy Spirit (2nd Corinthians 3:17). Also see John 4:24... "God is a spirit"; John 14:16,47.
4.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the Eternal Judge (2nd Corinthians 5:10). Also see John 5:22, Judges 11:27, Romans 1:32.
5.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the light (2nd Corinthians 4:6). Psalm 27:1; John 3:19-21; John 12:36
6.Paul say so, by claiming Jesus Christ has risen, (2nd Corinthians 5:15 ) Job 19:25; Romans 6:11
7.Paul says so, by claiming that Jesus was once rich in Heaven, but became poor that we might be made rich. Paul claims Jesus Christ is Eternal (2nd Corinthians 8:9)
8.Paul says so, by quoting Psalm 112:9, claiming Jesus as the One who gives grace (2nd Corinthians 9:8,9)
9.Paul says so, by claiming power of thought Jesus Christ (2nd Corinthians 10:4 & Philippians 4:13)
10.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the LORD (2nd Corinthians 12:8,9)
11.Paul says so, by claiming Christ has risen (2nd Corinthians 13:4)

Last edited:
CHRIST IS GOD

WHO SAYS SO
===GALATIANS
1.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus is God! (Galatians 1:4, "God and our Father")
2.Paul says so, by claiming to have received his doctrine from the risen Christ Jesus (Galatians 1:12)
3.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus Christ as the Justifier (Galatians 3:6; Romans 4:5; John 5:22)
4.Paul says so, by claiming that Jesus Christ lives in him, declaring his resurrection and power (Galatians 2:20)
5.Paul says so, by claiming that God gave the promises to Abraham (Galatians 3:18; Genesis 18:25: John 5:22). This was Jesus.

EPHESIANS
1.Paul says so, claiming Christ has risen by quoting Psalm 68:18 (Ephesians 4:8)
2.Paul says so, by declaring Christ as a present help for life, because of His Resurrection (Ephesians 5:14)
3.Paul says so, by calling Jesus God! (Ephesians 5:20)
4.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the savior (Ephesians 5:23)

PHILIPPIANS
1.Paul says so, by claiming Christ is risen ( Philippians 1:21). "To live is Christ!"
2.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus Christ as equal with God (Philippians 2:6).
3.Paul says so, and all people someday will, by confessing with their tongue that Jesus Christ is LORD! (Philippians 2:10,11). Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, that Jesus is Lord.
4.Paul says so, by claiming power to do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13)
5.Paul says so, by calling Jesus is God! (Philippians 4:20)

COLOSSIANS
1.Paul says so, by calling Jesus God (Colossians 1:3)
2.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus as the Divine Creator (Colossians 1:16). See, Isaiah 44:24
3.Paul says so, by declaring that God is pleased to give all fulness to the Son (Colossians 1:19)
4.Paul says so, by claiming all the fulness of the Godhead bodily in Christ (Philippians 2:9)
5.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus Christ is the head of all principality and power (Philippians 2:10)
6.Paul says so, by claiming Christ is risen and is powerful to make us live also (Colossians 2:13)
7.Paul says so, by declaring Christ as risen (Colossians 3:1) and is seated on the right hand of the Father (vs. 1).
8.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus Christ as our life (POWER). Only God can give life (Isaiah 44:24; John 14:6; Colossians 3:4).
9.Paul says so, by calling Jesus God: (Colossians 3:17)

Last edited:
3,3,3 Gods in one...how economical...

That's what it sounds like.

Maybe he dresses in disguises ... Sometimes he dresses up as a woman (his own mother), other times as Casper the Ghost or as a hippie in sandals and hangs out with Mary Magdalene, his prostitute girlfriend. And all of them are actually the father who killed his own son.

Who knew the pagan holiday of Halloween would turn up again in the catholic church?

Hinky stuff.

(Actually, I always wonder who the cast of characters really is and it never makes any sense.)

CHRIST IS GOD

WHO SAYS SO
==1ST THESSALONIANS
1.Paul says so, by claiming Christ's return (1st Thessalonians 2:19)
2.Paul says so, by calling Jesus God (1st Thessalonians 3:13)
3.Paul says so, by claiming the resurrection of Jesus (1st Thessalonians 4:14)
4.Paul says so, by claiming the return of Jesus Christ (1st Thessalonians 4:16)
5.Paul says so, by claiming God died for us, and that we will live together with Him! (1st Thessalonians 5:9,10)

2ND THESSALONIANS
1.Paul says so, by declaring God as judge! (2nd Thessalonians 1:5; Jn 5:22)
2.Paul says so by claiming the return of Christ (2nd Thessalonians 2:1)

1ST TIMOTHY
1.Paul says so, by claiming the Savior as God (1st Timothy 1:1)
2.Paul says so, by claiming Christ as the LORD (Supreme in Authority). This can only mean God (1st Timothy 1:12)
3.Paul says so, by claiming the King as God (1st Timothy 1:17 ). Jesus is the King according to Matthew 2:2; 5:35
4.Paul says so, by claiming the Savior as God (1st Timothy 2:3; Titus 1:4)
5.Paul says so, in 1st Timothy 3:16, by sating that "GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH."
6.Paul says so, by claiming the Savior as God (1st Timothy 4:10; Titus 1:4)
7.Paul says so, by claiming Christ as the only Great Authority (1st Timothy 6:15 ). The word "Potentate" means "Great Authority) "--obviously Paul is referring to Jesus Christ as God.

2ND TIMOTHY
1.Paul says so, by claiming life through Christ Jesus (2nd Timothy 1:1 ). Genesis 1:1 teaches that God gives life!
2.Paul says so, by claiming Christ is risen (2nd Timothy 2:8)
3.Paul says so, by claiming Jesus Christ is the Judge (2nd Timothy 4:1). See Judges 11:27; Jn 5:22

TITUS
1.Paul says so, by claiming God is the Savior (Titus 1:3,4 )
2.Paul says so, by claiming God is the Savior (Titus 2:10,13; 1:4)

==CHRIST IS GOD

WHO SAYS SO HEBREWS
1.Hebrews 1:3 says so, by claiming Jesus is the Son of God. In John 14:1, Jesus claimed deity by asking those who believed on God to also believe on Him.
2.Hebrews 3:4 says so, by claiming God as the Creator. Colossians 1:16 and John 1:3 say Jesus is the Creator.
3.Hebrews 10:30 says so, by claiming God as the Judge--John 5:22 says this is Jesus.
4.Hebrews 12:2 says so, by claiming Jesus is alive and seated on the right hand of God the Father.

2ND PETER
1.Peter says so, in 2nd Peter 3:5... "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old." John 1:3 says Jesus created all things. 2nd Peter 3:5 says that God did.

1ST JOHN
1.John says so, in 1st John 2:23, "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." You cannot come to God, except through Jesus Christ--because Jesus came as the manifestation of the Godhead, i.e., the Godhead incarnate (2nd Timothy 3:16; Colossians 2:9).

REVELATION
1.Jesus Himself claimed to be Almighty God in Revelation 1:8... "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
2.John says so, in Revelation 19:13, "...and his name is called The Word of God." See John 1:1.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet sought to please men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify to you, brethren, that the Gospel which was preached by me is not according to man;

12 for I neither received it from man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Galations 1:3-12

GISMYS, cut and paste is not an anointing of the soul and a justification of one's relationship with the Living God

I have GOD'S WORD THAT POSTING HIS WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID!!!!==Samuel loved God and obeyed without question. His integrity prevented him from taking advantage of his authority. His first loyalty was to God, regardless of what the people or king thought of him.

Did he ask you for the book? Because if you just decided to give it to him to show him the errors of his ways, what respect were you showing him?

Yes. And asked me to ship it on top of that.

People who have made more money than me have asked for all kinds of resources and expect to get it for free. The Bible isn't cheap. People risked their lives to bring you the truth.

Religions always have an excuse for having their hand in your pocket but this is a new one to me.

BTW, many thanks to [MENTION=49217]Zmrzlina[/MENTION] for his/her avatar:

As chuck pointed out 'from' indicates position and as everyone should already know 'heaven' means the sky.

There could be any number of natural explanations for fire and brimstone raining down from the sky that people of the time would have interpreted as a judgment from an angry God.

What is nowhere to be found in Genesis 19, or any other book of the entire OT, is any support for the belief in a trinity or the belief that God could become a human being.

Hobelim,

I am not interpreting the verse. The translation uses the word heaven so that is what I use. I am not saying it doesn't mean sky but the fire could have come from space or however God did it.

God took on human flesh (John 1:14) and tabernacled with us.

Chuck

Chuck, you seem to have forgotten that you were trying demonstrate a basis for your idolatrous belief in a trinity by trying to show that since 'The Lord ' was used twice in a sentence there are at least two gods.

And someone gave you a degree?

John 1:14, The Word became flesh" is simply the author establishing that flesh became a metaphor for words from God that came into the world like a light through Jesus a man, hence ,"Eat my flesh"..

This is how the word dwells among us;

"If you keep my commandments, you will dwell in my love, as I kept my Father's commandments and dwell in his love." john 15:10

BTW, Tabernacled?

Do yourself a favor and buy a better translation.

Hobelim,

I never said there were two gods. There are two persons of the Trinity.

And you are making fun of what I say by telling me to get a better translation? It is you making fun of what you do not know and that describes your character because you don't know Greek and you are making fun of those who know the meaning because you don't know any better. You hate the truth so much that you are willing to be rude to other people.

John 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt (g4637 σκηνόω skēnoō) among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

to fix one's tabernacle, have one's tabernacle, abide (or live) in a tabernacle (or tent), tabernacle

to dwell

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Last edited:

Forum List

Back