🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One less BLM fan

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Most white people hated Ali er Cassius Clay...
1592936421777.png

In a wide-ranging 1968 interview with Bud Collins, the storied Boston Globe sports reporter, Ali insisted that it was as unnatural to expect blacks and whites to live together as it would be to expect humans to live with wild animals. “I don’t hate rattlesnakes, I don’t hate tigers — I just know I can’t get along with them,” he said. “I don’t want to try to eat with them or sleep with them.”

Collins asked: “You don’t think that we can ever get along?”

“I know whites and blacks cannot get along; this is nature,” Ali replied. That was why he liked George Wallace, the segregationist Alabama governor who was then running for president.

Collins wasn’t sure he’d heard right. “You like George Wallace?”

“Yes, sir,” said Ali. “I like what he says. He says Negroes shouldn’t force themselves in white neighborhoods, and white people shouldn’t have to move out of the neighborhood just because one Negro comes. Now that makes sense.”

This was not some inexplicable aberration. It reflected a hateful worldview that Ali, as a devotee of Elijah Muhammad and the segregationist Nation of Islam, espoused for years. At one point, he even appeared before a Ku Klux Klan rally. It was “a hell of a scene,” he later boasted — Klansmen with hoods, a burning cross, “and me on the platform,” preaching strict racial separation. “Black people should marry their own women,” Ali declaimed. “Bluebirds with bluebirds, red birds with red birds, pigeons with pigeons, eagles with eagles. God didn’t make no mistake!”

Well, then I'm not most of the white people. Whether under the name of Cassius Clay or Muhammad Ali, he was to be respected. That he joined the most hated religion on the planet, was a disappointment, but he remained a good person who a lot of people looked up to.

One must remember that Ali was amember of the Nation of Islam and followed the words of their leader Malcolm X.
Ali dumped the teachings of Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X and found Sufism Islam to be more in line with his thinking and stuck with it, the remainder of his life. Sufism is rejected by the Sunni and Shia Muslims and is considered non-Islamic, due to its more peaceful stance. To the Sufis, whites are no longer the "devils," and harming people is a harm to the world. Ali no doubt felt that in physically fighting another person, it was simply an agreed upon contest, not an actual attempt to cause permanent harm to others.

Something else the left won't allow their mentally controlled know.

Blm is pure thought control. Period.

Well, then I'm not most of the white people. Whether under the name of Cassius Clay or Muhammad Ali, he was to be respected. That he joined the most hated religion on the planet, was a disappointment, but he remained a good person who a lot of people looked up to.

Strange bedfellows. Ali's hatred of whites made him an ally of white segregationists. The same is true still. David Duke and Louis Farrakhan had a working relationship for a while because they shared a vision of separatism. American secular Jews in the media and Islamists have the same relationship today due to their shared hatred of Western Christians.

One must remember that Ali was amember of the Nation of Islam and followed the words of their leader Malcolm X.

Rubbish. He followed Eliijah Mohammed, not Malcolm X; X was splitting form the corruption, and got killed for it. You know nothing.

Most of that stuff was show business; he was being promoted by gamblers and organized crime figures who were his hidden managers, like Don King. It was all about bookies getting dumbasses fired up to bet against him in fights, and little else. It worked, made him and his manager/bookies rich.

Forum List

Back