🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One man brought more fear to the country than the entire GOP in the last 40 years

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

It was an hour and a half of this:

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

And every word of it screamed at the top of his voice.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

I don't live in this America.

This is the America I live in:

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down.

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

-------------------------------------

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.
democrats OWN dark and dismal. You just don't see happy democrats. Seriously, is Hillary running on how good things have been under a democrat president and how she's going to keep the party going? Who's been telling us for a very long time now that we can't make it on our own? Who's been saying that we need big Daddy government to take care of us, to give us healthcare because we can't figure out how to get it on our own? Heck, they've been telling us we can't raise our kids without unelected bureaucrats telling us how to do it. Who tries to scare women every single electoral cycle by telling them that Republicans are going to take abortion away from them? It is laughable to the extreme to hear democrats complain about dark and dismal.

democrats are fear mongers.

The idea of making America great again really scares the shit out of the Moon Bats because making America a shithole like Obama has been doing for the last 7.5 years has worked out so well.
W made it a shit hole on Wall Street.

That then cascaded into Main Street.

BHO is the street cleaner.

W made the mess.

The idea of making America great again really scares the shit out of the Moon Bats because making America a shithole like Obama has been doing for the last 7.5 years has worked out so well.

W made the mess.
BHO took one look at it and went golfing.

W made the mess.

:lmao:

Boooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh.

You people crack me up.

I think he spoke a lot of hard truths. However i guess those opposing him will call that 'fear.' But sometimes fear isn't an all bad thing.

Reality is sometimes frightening. Especially if your world view is based on a fantasy.
Freedom is messy, chaotic and risky. But it's better than the alternative.

Freedom also requires a certain amount of personal responsibility.... I think this the part they don't like. It is, to them, much easier to demand they be taken care of.. but that never works out well for anybody.

I think he spoke a lot of hard truths. However i guess those opposing him will call that 'fear.' But sometimes fear isn't an all bad thing.

Reality is sometimes frightening. Especially if your world view is based on a fantasy.

Freedom also requires a certain amount of personal responsibility.... I think this the part they don't like. It is, to them, much easier to demand they be taken care of.. but that never works out well for anybody.
They want to be taken care of, but always fail to realize that gives the other person power, and that power always gets corrupted.

W made the mess.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!

W made the mess.

:lmao:

Boooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh.

You people crack me up.

Wow, sorry, you beat me to it. Should have kept scrolling.

But i did MINE all in caps!

I think the mindset among those that want to hear what Trump is saying is that it's about having a scapegoat for their own problems, real or perceived. Conservatives have had a few rough years. They feel like the changes are too much and too fast resulting in the degradation of the America they knew. Trump speaks directly to their worst fears but offers nothing more than empty platitudes.
Thanks armchair psychologist....

It doesn't require a degree to understand that hate and fear is unhealthy, and what we have seen this week (and for years) from the conservative fringe of the GOP is that in spades. Those of us with advanced degrees who have watched the progression from a home of the brave into a nation dominated by the NRA ideology and fascist rhetoric - which we heard last evening from Trump - is at best disturbing.

"Law and Order!" is mindful of the Nixon Agnew ticket it, the Reichstag Fire and the 'strong men' who ruled in other nations at other times in world history. Don't be fooled, those who fail to study history are doomed to relive it.
You are afraid of your own shadow, aren't you?

Nope. I can go to the grocery store, to a ball game and to a movie unarmed (well I always have my wits) and never once feel concerned. Now, if I went to Pete's for coffee, and some clown(s) decided since they can to come and have coffee armed to the teeth, I would walk out, not out of fear, out of disgust.
Yet you are terrified of a real estate mogul....

Not all all. Trump is both a demagogue and a charlatan.

Law and Order is mindful of Spiro Agnew, another conservative who went down in a cloud of criminal indictments. He (obviously) told you what you wanted to hear, he did it well that I admit, but so have demagogues and despots over the years.

Keep this in mind, it's best to watch the feet rather than the lips, it's not what someone says what they will do, it is what they have done and will do. Given Trumps rhetoric, I am reminded of Nixon's campaign in 1968. HIs message was "I have a plan", to end the Vietnam War - it took he and his administration two years to decide on the shape of the table for the Paris Peach Talks to begin, and the war didn't end with honor, it ended with the panic seen on national TV at the US Embassy in Saigon SIX years and tens of thousands of our soldiers and sailors deaths later.

W made the mess.

As expected, a clear, concise and thoughtful effort by martybegan.

[sarcasm]

The man (BHO) must be a god. He gets blamed for everything. Even in Chicago.

:D

Coming from the same people that have blamed absolutely everything that happened in the entire last 8 years on Bush. I guess Bush must have been 'god' too.
W was a dope snorting frat boy that waltzed under a lucky star and ended up in The White House then fokked up the entire middle east as well as giving more tax cuts to the rich than they have ever had in all of human history.

W was a demon. Not a god.
Not only that, the GOP blackmailed Obama into extending the Bush Tax cuts. They knew he couldn't stand millions of Americans suffering and he knew they would do it at the drop of a hat. Republicans don't care about other Americans. And the ignorant base doesn't care it's them who gets screwed.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts because people from his own Party told him flat out that if he raised taxes and the economy slowed down even further...that they would all lose their jobs! GOP blackmail? That's amusing...
Even further? The economy would slow even further? Further than what? Since the first Bush tax cuts?

Jesus, R-Derp...have you been sleeping through the past seven years? Obama has yet to have economic growth topping 3%. He averages right around 2%. As much as he would have LOVED to increase taxes it's quite obvious that he was told by many of his Democratic cohorts that doing so would slow an already moribund economy to the point where a double dip recession might very well be the result in which case they wouldn't be able to get elected dog catcher let alone to national office!

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

It was an hour and a half of this:

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

And every word of it screamed at the top of his voice.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

I don't live in this America.

This is the America I live in:

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down.

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

-------------------------------------

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

I think the mindset among those that want to hear what Trump is saying is that it's about having a scapegoat for their own problems, real or perceived. Conservatives have had a few rough years. They feel like the changes are too much and too fast resulting in the degradation of the America they knew. Trump speaks directly to their worst fears but offers nothing more than empty platitudes.
Thanks armchair psychologist....

It's obvious. I just watched a week's worth of cheering from the Republican Party leadership over the very points I made.
50 years the majority of blacks have supported the liberal party. Would you walk down the streets of south Chicago at night? I'm curious your version of the south side shooters.
Why the fuck do you white wingers even care about Chicago? Most hand gun deaths are white people by white people.

In Chicago?

How much Freedom do you believe is in the phrase, Law and Order?

Let's be honest here, Wry...it's hard to feel "free" when you're afraid to leave your house! Just saying...

I really liked what he said about ending the 'Regime Change' policy. I've always advocated that. I wish more Republicans would support him on that.

Last edited:

W made the mess.

As expected, a clear, concise and thoughtful effort by martybegan.

[sarcasm]

Since when does an Rdweeb post deserve anything more in response?

How much Freedom do you believe is in the phrase, Law and Order?
As with most things in life, there is a continuum at work here. On one extreme lies complete anarchy and lawlessness, on the other lies totalitarianism. Neither is attractive. Every time you seek security, you give up freedom. Sometimes the trade off is worth it to you, but there's always a trade off.

[

W made the mess.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The mess was made when Jimmy Carter signed the CRA and that 2006 elected Democrat Congress of Barney Queerboy, Barack Obama, Nancy Peloski and Harry Reid screwed up what was a halfway decent economy up until then.

In 7.5 years of being President Obama has increased poverty, decreased family income, increased welfare, astronomically increased debt and had piss poor economic growth.

Maybe one of the days you stupid Moon Bats will stop blaming Obama's failures on somebody else but I doubt it.

Forum List

Back