🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One man brought more fear to the country than the entire GOP in the last 40 years

yiostheoy,

Do you really want to reward the kind of savotage that the GOP have been doing for over a decade now...

Trump is the conclusion to the No compromise policy enacted in 2008... Rem Obama actually tried to deal with them at first but anyone caught was branded a RINO and cacused by the TP...

Trump isn't even a consevative, he is a facist by most definations...
I want the GOP to keep control of the Senate so that Hillary cannot appoint any SCOTUS justices.

I can live with anything else Hillary does.

I really do not want Hillary to have complete control of the US Federal Government.

The House Of Reps is completely worthless and has been ever since Boner took it over. So Nancy can have it back -- fine with me.

And Trump is a madman so Hillary can have The White House -- also fine with me. She has Billy Boy with her there and he can help her if Putin attacks.

But I just pray the Senate stays GOP. Then the SCOTUS will be safe.

When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in our flag, carrying a cross and instilling fear in the people. We once were a home of the brave, it seems that no longer is true, at least in the throngs of Trumperters who live in fear and feel the need to carry a gun to the grocery store and hate others they do not know.

The Supreme Court has been ruled by a Conservative, yet activist, power elite for over a decade, since the appointment of Thomas and Alito we have seen a court dominated by 5-4 decisions based on ideology sans (IMO) common sense. It's past time for us to realize our nation needs to see the world as it is, not as we hope to remake it, and reason not supernatural belief in a God or charlatans who pretend to know the unknowable should no longer color policy.

That is not to suggest that morality is not a factor in the development of law, for it surely is. But the ethos of the current Conservative Crowd is far and away from the Christian ethos which now control too many American's, who buy the rhetoric of the men & women behind the curtain or clothed in the robes of the power elite.

:cuckoo:

Typical. Try to write a rebuttal

Would it do any good to say it again?

And stop plagiarizing Sinclair Lewis. It's not nice.

Hey dude. The quote is not from Sinclair Lewis, its author is anonymous. Check it out, as most things believed by people on your side of the aisle, what you believe is not always correct. In fact the quote is framed by a bit more info, mine. So let's not pretend most of what is written, in novels and on forum such as this, has not been written or said before.

Man v. Man
Man v. himself
Man v. the Environment

all presented in different ways but each a genre onto itself.

Last edited:
I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

It was an hour and a half of this:

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

And every word of it screamed at the top of his voice.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

I don't live in this America.

This is the America I live in:

What Caused the Great Crime Decline in the U.S.?

Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down.

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

-------------------------------------

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

Regressive spin, who'd a thunk? BTW near 3500 people have been shot and killed, 10 of thousand injured in Chicago since the maobama regime took office, so tell the folks on the south side how safe it is.
in his world the blacks on the south side don't exist. It's never addressed in democratic speech. The Donald did, he wants to save them. I watch after the speech and everyone of the liberal media hosts said exactly the same thing. EXACTLY, what the fk, if you don't believe in distribution of message, all one had to do last night was flip from one liberal show to the next and they all said the same thing. Not about the same thing, THE SAME THING. Scripted media how enlightening.

Just a thought. Remember from your history books the violence, also in ChiTown in the 1930's? Remember too what was a consequence of this violence, the Federal Firearms Act of 1938!
dude, the city of chicago had the toughest gd damn gun laws in the nation, and the numbers didn't change. One resident actually sued the city on the gun law and won. can you say ouch? yep the home owners couldn't purchase a gun to save themselves or their property. Just the thugs. hahahahahaahhaahahaha learn your history.

Again, six year girl shot on her front porch, nothing from any black lives matter person, BTW, 140 rounds found in the street. wow.

Oh and the city has been run by dems since your date.

I remember when John McCain was laughed at for saying he knew how to fix the economy and he would if he were elected president.

Donald Trump built a bleak and dark picture of an America that thankfully doesn't exist. Unless he is elected president.

Terrorists are pouring into our country. They are everywhere. In your backyard, on every street corner and they want to kill you. And Mexican rapist drug dealers are pouring in from across the border who want your jobs and they want to kill you. The infrastructure is falling apart. The bridges are falling down. The roads are falling apart and the sky is falling. Police are being shot everywhere and there is no law no order. The bodies of dead Americans are piling up everywhere killed by terrorists and Obamacare.
But don't worry. I know how to fix everything. Elect me and I will fix everything. I will cut taxes and pour money into everything and fix it.

So the camera is moving around the hall and people are asked what they thought of Trump's speech and they reply, "It's exactly what I wanted to hear" "It's what is going on in this country". "Donald Trump will save us".

By decade’s end (the 1990's), the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium.

The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history.

What is it about Republicans that they want to be terrified? Life is better and there is less pressure if you are not terrified.

You can go outside. No one from Chicago is going to kill you. Isis isn't hiding behind your back door.

Trump has convinced people they should be terrified to even go outside. But is that really any surprise?

Trump is known for his ability to fleece the unwary. He has a court date on 28 Nov for Fraud and Racketeering. If he loses his civil case, he opens himself up for criminal charges. If people aren't scared now and Trump becomes president, I think they will learn what real fear is all about.

I think the mindset among those that want to hear what Trump is saying is that it's about having a scapegoat for their own problems, real or perceived. Conservatives have had a few rough years. They feel like the changes are too much and too fast resulting in the degradation of the America they knew. Trump speaks directly to their worst fears but offers nothing more than empty platitudes.
Thanks armchair psychologist....

It doesn't require a degree to understand that hate and fear is unhealthy, and what we have seen this week (and for years) from the conservative fringe of the GOP is that in spades. Those of us with advanced degrees who have watched the progression from a home of the brave into a nation dominated by the NRA ideology and fascist rhetoric - which we heard last evening from Trump - is at best disturbing.

"Law and Order!" is mindful of the Nixon Agnew ticket it, the Reichstag Fire and the 'strong men' who ruled in other nations at other times in world history. Don't be fooled, those who fail to study history are doomed to relive it.
You are afraid of your own shadow, aren't you?

Nobody on the Right cares about what goes on in South Chicago. Just trying to visualize Trump supporters wringing their hands over Chicago violence is enough to make one fall out of one's chair from laughter.

Nobody on the Right cares about what goes on in South Chicago. Just trying to visualize Trump supporters wringing their hands over Chicago violence is enough to make one fall out of one's chair from laughter.
well we sure damn well know the libs don't care. how long the city been run by the dems?

I want the GOP to keep control of the Senate so that Hillary cannot appoint any SCOTUS justices.

I can live with anything else Hillary does.

I really do not want Hillary to have complete control of the US Federal Government.

The House Of Reps is completely worthless and has been ever since Boner took it over. So Nancy can have it back -- fine with me.

And Trump is a madman so Hillary can have The White House -- also fine with me. She has Billy Boy with her there and he can help her if Putin attacks.

But I just pray the Senate stays GOP. Then the SCOTUS will be safe.

When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in our flag, carrying a cross and instilling fear in the people. We once were a home of the brave, it seems that no longer is true, at least in the throngs of Trumperters who live in fear and feel the need to carry a gun to the grocery store and hate others they do not know.

The Supreme Court has been ruled by a Conservative, yet activist, power elite for over a decade, since the appointment of Thomas and Alito we have seen a court dominated by 5-4 decisions based on ideology sans (IMO) common sense. It's past time for us to realize our nation needs to see the world as it is, not as we hope to remake it, and reason not supernatural belief in a God or charlatans who pretend to know the unknowable should no longer color policy.

That is not to suggest that morality is not a factor in the development of law, for it surely is. But the ethos of the current Conservative Crowd is far and away from the Christian ethos which now control too many American's, who buy the rhetoric of the men & women behind the curtain or clothed in the robes of the power elite.

Hey dude. The quote is not from Sinclair Lewis, its author is anonymous. Check it out, as most things believed by people on your side of the aisle, what you believe is not always correct. In fact the quote is framed by a bit more info, mine. So let's not pretend most of what is written, in novels and on forum such as this, has not been written or said before.

Man v. Man
Man v. himself
Man v. the Environment

Indeed it is not a direct quote, but is commonly attributed to him, and you didn't write it either.

Ergo ...

I think the mindset among those that want to hear what Trump is saying is that it's about having a scapegoat for their own problems, real or perceived. Conservatives have had a few rough years. They feel like the changes are too much and too fast resulting in the degradation of the America they knew. Trump speaks directly to their worst fears but offers nothing more than empty platitudes.

It doesn't require a degree to understand that hate and fear is unhealthy, and what we have seen this week (and for years) from the conservative fringe of the GOP is that in spades. Those of us with advanced degrees who have watched the progression from a home of the brave into a nation dominated by the NRA ideology and fascist rhetoric - which we heard last evening from Trump - is at best disturbing.

"Law and Order!" is mindful of the Nixon Agnew ticket it, the Reichstag Fire and the 'strong men' who ruled in other nations at other times in world history. Don't be fooled, those who fail to study history are doomed to relive it.
six year old black girl shot on her front porch the south side of chicago, why?

BTW, the police stated there were over 140 rounds on the ground. Ouch.

Q. Why?

A. A gun!

well we sure damn well know the libs don't care. how long the city been run by the dems?

How long has the NRA been a terrorist organization, is the better question.

Nope. I can go to the grocery store, to a ball game and to a movie unarmed (well I always have my wits) and never once feel concerned. Now, if I went to Pete's for coffee, and some clown(s) decided since they can to come and have coffee armed to the teeth, I would walk out, not out of fear, out of disgust.

Man v. Man
Man v. himself
Man v. the Environment

Indeed it is not a direct quote, but is commonly attributed to him, and you didn't write it either.

Ergo ...

Duh. "Indeed" you didn't know that until I so advised you. You should now know to read more of my posts and learn from me, then you might not be a walking, writing Homer Simpson.

The idea of making America great again really scares the shit out of the Moon Bats because making America a shithole like Obama has been doing for the last 7.5 years has worked out so well.

The idea of making America great again really scares the shit out of the Moon Bats because making America a shithole like Obama has been doing for the last 7.5 years has worked out so well.

What evidence do you have that America has been made into a shithole? Admit, you simply echo the bullshit of others, and have no idea what you write about.

This is what the democrats are now reduced to doing in response to Trump's speech:

Nope. I can go to the grocery store, to a ball game and to a movie unarmed (well I always have my wits) and never once feel concerned. Now, if I went to Pete's for coffee, and some clown(s) decided since they can to come and have coffee armed to the teeth, I would walk out, not out of fear, out of disgust.
Yet you are terrified of a real estate mogul....

I think he spoke a lot of hard truths. However i guess those opposing him will call that 'fear.' But sometimes fear isn't an all bad thing.

How long has the NRA been a terrorist organization, is the better question.

Another RW Fool used a symbol in place of a rebuttal. Calling my comment that the NRA is a terrorist organization is not "funny", if one considers the NRA's message as enabling the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminal gangs as do I, is serious and deserves debate.

Yet you are terrified of a real estate mogul....

Exactly.... a blowhard race baiting community agitator, great! A crooked former First Lady, Great!! A real estate mogul, OMG!!!!!!

Forum List

Back