One of the guests on Hardball last night had an interesting idea

Three of them agreed that Joe Biden would kick Trump's ass. I agree and wish he'd have run in 2016. But I think in 2020 he may be too old to serve two terms.

So what about having him pop straight out of the box with this: First it's a "ticket" - not an individual candidacy. Second, he announces that he'll only serve one term but brings in somebody really strong as his Veep.

The example given was: Biden - Kamala Harris

Or one could go with:

Biden - Tulsi Gabbard
Biden - Amy Klobuchar
Biden - Andrew Cuomo
Biden - Cory Booker
Biden - Chris Murphy

IOW, you have a much younger and very competent person as your sidekick creating less anxiety with the base. I think it could work. Thoughts?

I'm a big fan of Joe Biden's, but what the Dems need is young blood.

I'm hoping for a Booker/Murphy ticket in 2020!

Nope. If they came up with a decent candidate I'd dial in and find out about that candidate.

Even you know Biden ain't to swift.

I vote for the candidate. Not the party.

Meh - You'll vote for Trump if he's still around
But I'm giving that around a 50/50. ;)

I'd love to see "everyone's crazy uncle" Joe Biden run on the democrat ticket. The poor guy can't put a sentence together, after suffering two brain embolisms, without putting his foot in his mouth. I wonder if they can find the video of him slapping Hillary on the ass on stage at a rally. I think he flatlined after one of the embolisms so he can be marketed as "the first zombie candidate".

That's a strong ticket. I'd probably flip it to Murphy/Booker though.
Still think we might need a woman in the Veep slot to assuage all the PO'd women who voted for Hillary.
How about Sally Yates? She's pretty dang awesome.

sally_yates_2020_t_shirt-r1c54ce700dc644f9a862ea31682df3d4_k2gml_307.jpg

Three of them agreed that Joe Biden would kick Trump's ass. I agree and wish he'd have run in 2016. But I think in 2020 he may be too old to serve two terms.

So what about having him pop straight out of the box with this: First it's a "ticket" - not an individual candidacy. Second, he announces that he'll only serve one term but brings in somebody really strong as his Veep.

Or one could go with:

Biden - Tulsi Gabbard
Biden - Amy Klobuchar
Biden - Andrew Cuomo
Biden - Cory Booker
Biden - Chris Murphy

IOW, you have a much younger and very competent person as your sidekick creating less anxiety with the base. I think it could work. Thoughts?

Your first mistake was watching Hardball.

Your second mistake is thinking this is a new idea. This was the idea when Biden almost ran in 2016. Serve for a single term as a heroic elder statesman, and set up his VP to succeed him.

Your third mistake is thinking that Kamala Harris is a strong candidate. She's a loon.

Still think we might need a woman in the Veep slot to assuage all the PO'd women who voted for Hillary.

Given that the 2016 election could be seen as an ultra-feminist vs. an ultra chauvinism, AND that 45% of women voted for the Chauvinist, I'd think that if the Dems were smart they'd knock off pushing women candidates just because they are women.

The Dems need to focus on WINNING. Hillary Clinton's obsession with being the first female President was sexist as hell. In the end we got Trump who's quickly becoming the worst nightmare for feminist imaginable.

The feminists need to stop undermining the Dems, and themselves, by pushing the femo-nazi agenda!

Given that the 2016 election could be seen as an ultra-feminist vs. an ultra chauvinism, AND that 45% of women voted for the Chauvinist, I'd think that if the Dems were smart they'd knock off pushing women candidates just because they are women.

The Dems need to focus on WINNING. Hillary Clinton's obsession with being the first female President was sexist as hell. In the end we got Trump who's quickly becoming the worst nightmare for feminist imaginable.

The feminists need to stop undermining the Dems, and themselves, by pushing the femo-nazi agenda!
Hillary has a long history of misogyny

Or one could go with:

Biden - Tulsi Gabbard
Biden - Amy Klobuchar
Biden - Andrew Cuomo
Biden - Cory Booker
Biden - Chris Murphy

I would agree with that. I admire Booker for saving that person in a fire, when he was mayor, he'll always have my respect for that. I 've the left hates him because he's a neoliberal corporatist? you think he can win?

45% was then - THIS is now

President Trump's approval rating has dipped to 32 percent and reached a new low among women, according to a new Monmouth University poll released Wednesday.

The percentage of women who approve of Trump's job performance has declined 12 points — to 24 percent — since September, when 36 percent of women thought the president was doing a satisfactory job in office. Among Republican women, Trump's approval rating has dropped nine percentage points over the past three months.

But the president's most severe loss of support comes from independent women voters. Just 14 percent of that group approve of his job performance, a 25-point drop since September.​

Trump's approval rating plummets among women

Good luck winning again with 24% of the female vote :wink:

Well he's not the sharpest knife in anyone's kitchen drawer. He did spend his entire adult life sucking off the taxpayer tit.
Doesn't take to much smarts to do that.
The Dems don't really have anyone and if they run Biden there is no way that man ever becomes POTUS.
Not unless the entire voting public turns into gibbering idiots.
Hope they do run with Biden.

You'll say the same thing no matter what candidate Dems come up with.

And then you'll cry like a bitch when your Mango Mussolini goes down in flames. :lol:

Are you not paying attention, Doc? There are Democrats out there right now running for reelection touting how good they get along with Trump. Why? Because they...unlike you...grasp the obvious and that's that the economy is booming under Trump and the voting public isn't in any hurry to put a bunch of far left progressives back in power again!

45% was then - THIS is now

President Trump's approval rating has dipped to 32 percent and reached a new low among women, according to a new Monmouth University poll released Wednesday.

The percentage of women who approve of Trump's job performance has declined 12 points — to 24 percent — since September, when 36 percent of women thought the president was doing a satisfactory job in office. Among Republican women, Trump's approval rating has dropped nine percentage points over the past three months.

But the president's most severe loss of support comes from independent women voters. Just 14 percent of that group approve of his job performance, a 25-point drop since September.​

Trump's approval rating plummets among women

Good luck winning again with 24% of the female vote :wink:

The question right now isn't whether women will vote for Trump in 2020, it's whether voters in general will vote for female congressional candidates in the upcoming off year elections- especially when those candidates are running strictly as feminists.

Almost every male Dem is as much a feminist as the female dems, but they're percieved as more than just feminists. They will get more votes because of that. If anything the Dems should do everything they can to be perceived as middle of the road candidates.

Or one could go with:

Biden - Tulsi Gabbard
Biden - Amy Klobuchar
Biden - Andrew Cuomo
Biden - Cory Booker
Biden - Chris Murphy

You'd vote for old Joe despite his penchant for young girls eh?

Best-of-Joe-Biden-Getting-Handsy-With-Every-Female-He-Encounters.jpg
Best-of-Joe-Biden-Getting-Handsy-With-Every-Female-He-Encounters.jpg
Joe-Biden9.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 38
If anything the Dems should do everything they can to be perceived as middle of the road candidates.

So what you are saying is they should be deceptive to fool the people into thinking they are something they are not?

The most liberal democrats are a hell of a lot closer to being middle of the road then most 'Conservatives' these days.

Holy crap! Today's conservatives would have considered Reagan a RINO and a liberal.

#walkaway.....

Misandry.....

Misandry.....

That too, but no, I meant misogyny. She repeatedly assaulted her husband's assault victims a second time

Forum List

Back