One Of The Most Interesting Cases This Year

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...It's not like the baker had to have ghey sex as part of the process of the creation of the design on the cake, since this is not about a baked cake but the decoration on said cake..

For Gods sake....it's just a freak'n cake

He will bake cakes for adulterers, rapists and thieves
But baking for gays is the last straw

They have adulter, rapist and thieve cakes?

They will sell cakes to a pregnant bride, previously married couples, convicted felons.......all sinners

They seem to be very selective in how they apply their Christianity

Why should that not be their choice alone under the 1st Amendment? Compelling slavery seems a bit anti-American, eh?

It causes me to question the sincerity of their religious beliefs

Looks like they just hate fags to me

Why should that not be their choice alone under the 1st Amendment? Compelling slavery seems a bit anti-American, eh?

it isn't a first amendment issue.

It is only a 1st Amendment issue.

or do y ou want to let muslims go to work in a pork store and then refuse to handle pork?

Fire them. They are just employees.

you take a job you or open a business you don't get to discriminate against your clientele.

You take a job you do what the boss says. You open a business you should be able to set the clientele without outside political interference. Let the market decide.

they could always shut down their store and refuse whatever state license they hold.

Please make sense when commenting further.

hate filled loons are truly nauseating. I thought you creeps went out with the dinosaurs

Oh, I don't hate anyone. Being a shameless capitalist, if I have a product to sell I'll sell to anyone, and with a smile.

I'm merely noting an attack on the 1st Amendment that should be remedied.

Nutbags NEVER hate anyone.

Au contraire, they certainly do.

Consider the Democrats. They hate everyone, including themselves.

Of course. That;s how you make yourself feel better.

Oh, hell. I feel great all the time. :2up:

Like muslims.

Yep. Like many Muslims. You nailed it. Makes you and many Muslims assholes.

And yet it was your leaders assisting the Islamists. The Obama administration was crawling with Muslim Brotherhood contacts, and Obama supported them in Egypt and other instances of the MSM-named "Arab Spring".

You are an idiot, so I've no doubt that you believe this shit. There are people much smarter than you who don't believe it...but they know you will.

Please fuck off. Obama loves this nation more than you ever will.

Bake the cake, but do not have same gender couple displays for the cake tops sitting on the shelves for people to buy. To me, that is a fair enough compromise. If the customers want their cakes to hold a certain meaning, they themselves will have to take care of that part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No...it isn't....the shop is private property and the government shouldn't tell them how to run their business. And on top of that, they have the Bill of Rights on their side...the 1st Amendment protects freedom of religion, and just because you open a business you aren't stripped of your basic Rights.

It's cliche to say that the decision will have wide-ranging effects.

Tidal wave of support for Colorado baker hits Supreme Court

world nut daily? :rofl:

1. no one is being forced to promote same sex marriage as the article purports.
2. christian zealots don't get to Jim Crow people whether for color, religion or sexual preference. that's how it works.
3. The Court just decided this garbage. Or do you think with nutter Gorsuch on the Court you'll get a do-over?

Jim Crow was a government policy....it forced people to discriminate and the democrats implemented it to deny blacks access to shops that didn't mind serving blacks.......forcing people to serve people is just as bad.....

I never understood why people go into business to deny customers the procurement of their product...It's not like the baker had to have ghey sex as part of the process of the creation of the design on the cake, since this is not about a baked cake but the decoration on said cake..

white christian supremacists have always used their religion to justify hate, whether it was to justify slavery, or Jim Crow, or segregation or denial of the vote or whatever it is they hate at the moment.

No......democrats were the problem....since most christians didn't care about race...it was democrats in charge of the state governments that forced Jim Crow laws on privately owned businesses....now, the democrats are targeting religious people....democrats just can't leave people alone....

They will sell cakes to a pregnant bride, previously married couples, convicted felons.......all sinners

or do y ou want to let muslims go to work in a pork store and then refuse to handle pork?

you take a job you or open a business you don't get to discriminate against your clientele.

they could always shut down their store and refuse whatever state license they hold.

hate filled loons are truly nauseating. I thought you creeps went out with the dinosaurs

It is exactly a First Amendment issue....try reading the Bill of Rights sometime....you do not lose your Constitionally protected Rights simply because you open a business.

This is where this goes.......you can't post hate speech on private websites if you own a business because it can be seen as being discriminatory against those who might want to use your business.....you lose your 1st Amendment Right to free speech if you open a business....that is where this is going.......

How do we determine hate speech?...whatever the local left wing nut jobs decide they don't like........

Like muslims.

Yep. Like many Muslims. You nailed it. Makes you and many Muslims assholes.

And yet it was your leaders assisting the Islamists. The Obama administration was crawling with Muslim Brotherhood contacts, and Obama supported them in Egypt and other instances of the MSM-named "Arab Spring".

You are an idiot

Extensive testing has indicated otherwise.

so I've no doubt that you believe this shit. There are people much smarter than you who don't believe it...but they know you will.

Oh, they believe it too. Believe me.

Are you honestly going to claim that Obama did not support the Muslim Brotherhood?

Please fuck off. Obama loves this nation more than you ever will.

I've heard that joke before.

Or maybe the homo "couple" could find another baker??

How many adulterers, rapists, and thieves want custom cakes created specifically to celebrate their adultery, rapoe, and theft? And what makes you think that a baker who would decline to create a cake celebratory of an immoral homosexual mockery of a marriage would be any more inclined to create one that celebrates adultery, rape, or theft or anything else that he finds immoral?

No...it isn't....the shop is private property and the government shouldn't tell them how to run their business. And on top of that, they have the Bill of Rights on their side...the 1st Amendment protects freedom of religion, and just because you open a business you aren't stripped of your basic Rights.

Freedom of expression as well. A custom cake is an artistic expression. Compelling someone to create an artistic expression of that which he finds immoral is wholly irreconcilable with the First Amendment's protection of freedom of speech/press.

No......democrats were the problem....since most christians didn't care about race...it was democrats in charge of the state governments that forced Jim Crow laws on privately owned businesses....now, the democrats are targeting religious people....democrats just can't leave people alone....

It's really the same evil, in a different form. Instead of black people being targeted, now it is Christians, or anyone who holds to any reasonable standards of sexual morality.

Bake the cake, but do not have same gender couple displays for the cake tops sitting on the shelves for people to buy. To me, that is a fair enough compromise. If the customers want their cakes to hold a certain meaning, they themselves will have to take care of that part.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

People have rights to hate anyone they wish
Businesses dont

Forum List

Back