One State Has Officially Been Named the Most HATED State in the US

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Don't blame me just the messenger :)

There’s 50 states. Not every one can get as much love as the others.

YouGov made a ‘State of the States,’ in which they asked Americans how they feel about each and every state.

This research shows that New Jersey is the only state in the U.S. which people tend to have a negative opinion of. 40% of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of
the Garden State while 30% have a favorable opinion of the state, which gives the state a net favorability of -10%.

For comparison, Alabama, the second least popular state, has a net favorability rating of +8%,as 39% of Americans have a favorable view of Alabama and 31% have an unfavorable opinion.

After Alabama the least popular states are Illinois (+9%), Mississippi (+9%) and Indiana (+12%).

YouGov made a ‘State of the States,’ in which they asked Americans how they feel about each and every state.

This research shows that New Jersey is the only state in the U.S. which people tend to have a negative opinion of. 40% of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of
the Garden State while 30% have a favorable opinion of the state, which gives the state a net favorability of -10%.

For comparison, Alabama, the second least popular state, has a net favorability rating of +8%,as 39% of Americans have a favorable view of Alabama and 31% have an unfavorable opinion.

After Alabama the least popular states are Illinois (+9%), Mississippi (+9%) and Indiana (+12%).

The people who don't have a negative opinion of New Jersey have probably never been there.

officially named? by whom? a loony blog called "capitalism is freedom"?

:rofl:

The people who don't have a negative opinion of New Jersey have probably never been there.

there;s good and bad like almost everywhere else.

could be worse. at least it isn't mississippi

Take a trip to the southeast, its like going back in time. Everything slows down to a crawl.

I have only been to New Jersy a few times, I don't know how anyone can tell the difference between Massachusetts, Rhode Island, connecticut and New Jersey they all seem the same... boring as hell.

I thought for sure Mississippi would have been the number one most hated state followed by California and then Alabama.

And Mississippi is probably very happy it's better than NJ

I've been to both. I prefer Mississippi. In fact, after my company sent me to deliver a load in New Jersey, I informed my manager that if he ever scheduled me to go there again, I would park the truck, mail him the keys, and take a Greyhound home, because I would quit before I ever went to New Jersey again. Even their fucking paramedics are sadistic assholes. I quit truck driving six months after that trip, and I had nightmares about it for two years afterward.

Now all I have to do is listen to the bastards talk, and I dread the days of the week that the calls are mostly NY, NJ, and Boston (don't ask me why those people all seem to make phone calls on the same days. I have no idea). I find them the most nasty, unpleasant human beings in the country, and they're not even talking to me.

only if you want to live someplace with the highest poverty rates, lowest education rates and highest mortality rates.

I have only been to New Jersy a few times, I don't know how anyone can tell the difference between Massachusetts, Rhode Island, connecticut and New Jersey they all seem the same... boring as hell.

I thought for sure Mississippi would have been the number one most hated state followed by California and then Alabama.

Nah. Southerners are generally pretty happy, friendly people in my experience. What passes for happy and friendly in the Northeast would be an opening declaration of war anywhere else.

California gets a pass because it has Disneyland. ;)

I've been to both. I prefer Mississippi. In fact, after my company sent me to deliver a load in New Jersey, I informed my manager that if he ever scheduled me to go there again, I would park the truck, mail him the keys, and take a Greyhound home, because I would quit before I ever went to New Jersey again. Even their fucking paramedics are sadistic assholes. I quit truck driving six months after that trip, and I had nightmares about it for two years afterward.

Now all I have to do is listen to the bastards talk, and I dread the days of the week that the calls are mostly NY, NJ, and Boston (don't ask me why those people all seem to make phone calls on the same days. I have no idea). I find them the most nasty, unpleasant human beings in the country, and they're not even talking to me.

your preference is your business, of course.

but as places to live go, i'd prefer not to live in the state with the highest poverty and lowest education rates

officially named? by whom? a loony blog called "capitalism is freedom"?

:rofl:

The poll came from Yougov its in the OP

YouGov | Economist/YouGov Poll

When an article starts out with "There's 50 states." I stop reading right there. It means an idiot is writing it.

Nah. Southerners are generally pretty happy, friendly people in my experience. What passes for happy and friendly in the Northeast would be an opening declaration of war anywhere else.

California gets a pass because it has Disneyland. ;)

southerners are "happy friendly people" to white christian people.

southern cities can be very nice. i know i wouldn't go off the beaten track in certain places.

The article says that people were asked how they feel about each and every state. This poll has about as much meaning as a poll asking if you prefer blonds, brunettes or redheads.

only if you want to live someplace with the highest poverty rates, lowest education rates and highest mortality rates.

Is that about NJ, or Ms?

as toxic as NJ is, it's a wonder the people born there can be considered human

The article says that people were asked how they feel about each and every state. This poll has about as much meaning as a poll asking if you prefer blonds, brunettes or redheads.

Well we all know you can't pump your own gas in New Jersey or have a gun in your trunk passing through.

Plus the city of Camden...enough said.

Forum List

Back