"Only 4% Want Gun Control"

Just heard Rush say that again, and I've seen and heard this "4%" thing all over the place. The other one I keep seeing is that "only 4% think that gun control is an important issue".

Okay, wow, that's a small number. So, crazy me, I thought I'd look into it.

Turns out that's not what the referenced Gallup poll says. The Beaufort Observer

The question in the poll was "What do you think is the most important problem facing America today?"

Further, only one (1) answer was allowed in the poll.

That puts a slightly different face on this.

I realize intellectual honesty is not really a high priority here, but I thought I'd toss that out.

On the heels of a Mass shooting and only 4% think its a top priority as compared to everything else. I don't see any dishonesty.
Well, to put it in perspective only 2% think taxes are a priority compared to everything else. So people care half as much about taxes than they do about guns.

Just heard Rush say that again, and I've seen and heard this "4%" thing all over the place. The other one I keep seeing is that "only 4% think that gun control is an important issue".

Turns out that's not what the referenced Gallup poll says. The Beaufort Observer

The question in the poll was "What do you think is the most important problem facing America today?"

I realize intellectual honesty is not really a high priority here, but I thought I'd toss that out.

On the heels of a Mass shooting and only 4% think its a top priority as compared to everything else. I don't see any dishonesty.
Well, to put it in perspective only 2% think taxes are a priority compared to everything else. So people care half as much about taxes than they do about guns.

And yet they are a top priority for Obama. The public gets it.....Obama, not so much

And yet they are a top priority for Obama. The public gets it.....Obama, not so much
What planet are you from?

The GOP will not allow a budget to pass if taxes are involved! To the GOP taxes are the ONLY priority!!!!

Maybe if we just enforced our current gun Laws instead of going after the Freedoms of Law abiding citizens there might be room for rational discussion on the subject.
When gun nutters (gun control advocates) are discussing this issue, there is no rational discussion.

The GOP will not allow a budget to pass if taxes are involved! To the GOP taxes are the ONLY priority!!!!
You already have tax increases.

Time for the cuts. That is the ONLY budget that SHOULD be passed....one that cuts spending AND balances. Nothing short of that is acceptable.

Time for the cuts. That is the ONLY budget that SHOULD be passed....one that cuts spending AND balances. Nothing short of that is acceptable.
You already have cuts across the board.

Time for revenues to balance the budget. Nothing short of that is acceptable.

You already have cuts across the board.

Time for revenues to balance the budget. Nothing short of that is acceptable.
I bet you're dumb enough to believe tax increases could balance the budget huh?

I bet more than 4% would want restrictions on pressure cookers instead of guns right now.

You'd be wrong, but that wouldn't be a first.

Forum List

Back