Open Carry will lead to wild west shoot outs

You libs can argue bull shit tangents all you want to, fact is that concealed carry, and open carry laws have NOT led to "wild west shoot outs" and all the idiot partisan talking points won't make that fact go away.

It's not hard to imagine a situation where a large number of citizens - few if any as well trained as law enforcement officers - are in a mall armed with handguns, and a suicidal maniac with a firearm and a large capacity magazine begins to kill others. Soon every Tom, Dick and Henrietta will pull their gun and in a panic many will begin to fire indiscriminately at others holding a gun.

Untrained and panicked armed citizens will one day prove how stupid is the fantasy of those who believe an armed amateur will protect them from a well armed and suicidal maniac. The unintended consequences suggest a greater number of body bags will be needed; death by friendly fire happens even with well trained and seasoned troops.

Hasn't happened yet has it?

Do you really think that there were no people carrying when Gifford got shot?

Of course there were an they used proper judgement by not firing indiscriminately.

Which nicely puts the rest the "Good guy with a gun" theory.

It's not hard to imagine a situation where a large number of citizens - few if any as well trained as law enforcement officers - are in a mall armed with handguns, and a suicidal maniac with a firearm and a large capacity magazine begins to kill others. Soon every Tom, Dick and Henrietta will pull their gun and in a panic many will begin to fire indiscriminately at others holding a gun.

Untrained and panicked armed citizens will one day prove how stupid is the fantasy of those who believe an armed amateur will protect them from a well armed and suicidal maniac. The unintended consequences suggest a greater number of body bags will be needed; death by friendly fire happens even with well trained and seasoned troops.

Of course there were an they used proper judgement by not firing indiscriminately.

Sorry but I never subscribed to that.

People carry to protect themselves not you.

If you want to protect yourself then carry a weapon. If you choose not to it's none of my business is it?

If you want to protect yourself then carry a weapon. If you choose not to it's none of my business is it?

Here's the thing about folks carrying weapons. Many believe they are the law. They do things like shoot folks for cutting them off in traffic, or if someone, well, you know, just pisses them off.

Many of the murders in this country are committed by people with guns who were previously law abiding citizens.

Here's the thing about folks carrying weapons. Many believe they are the law. They do things like shoot folks for cutting them off in traffic, or if someone, well, you know, just pisses them off.

Many of the murders in this country are committed by people with guns who were previously law abiding citizens.
Zimmerman may still be alive because he had a gun. It's thugs with guns that are the problem.

Bull shit.

ALL murderers were previously law abiding citizens until they committed murder.

Hell's Angels kill armed civilian groups who try to interfere.
Interfere with what? Drug running? I call bull.

Go fuck with them, Iceweasel, and tell us what happens.
I don't share your admiration for drug gangs and criminals. Of course I would defend myself, if that's what you mean by fucking with them, what would you do? I would take the odds of 12 armed citizens against 12 deranged biker gangsters though. Not to fuck with them, as you say, but to defend ourselves. Bullies seldom seek even odds so they would flee rather than fight.

Here are a couple responsible concealed carry owners
Pair of men with concealed-carry permits engage in shootout

from the link

But he also said their irresponsible gun use is outweighed by at least five instances in Milwaukee in which permit holders stopped crime or saved a life with their weapons.

"The fact that we now have a single instance where a CCL holder may have broken the law (and will certainly lose their right to carry as a result) doesn't change the reality that concealed carry works," Clark said.

from the link

But he also said their irresponsible gun use is outweighed by at least five instances in Milwaukee in which permit holders stopped crime or saved a life with their weapons.

"The fact that we now have a single instance where a CCL holder may have broken the law (and will certainly lose their right to carry as a result) doesn't change the reality that concealed carry works," Clark said.

You are quoting the president of a guns rights group. Like him to document those 5.

from the link

You are quoting the president of a guns rights group. Like him to document those 5.

Marine with concealed carry permit stops man from beating woman | FOX6Now.com

Concealed carry helps Appleton man during road rage incident - News - WTAQ News Talk 97.5FM and 1360AM

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rAaEquZDs]Criminals beware - The good guys carry guns. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRG5fj1di9k]Armed Customer Stops Armed Robber in Wisconsin - YouTube[/ame]

Concealed Carry Holder Fatally Shoots Armed Robber While Protecting Himself and 5 Year Old Son - Rationality Rebooted: Stories of responsible gun use that do not fit the mainstream media's agenda

there are tons of em

200 thousand plus cc in Wisconsin

Zimmerman may still be alive because he had a gun. It's thugs with guns that are the problem.

Zimmerman is a piece of shit coward cop wannabe who went out that night looking for someone to make his day.

Yes because the actions of 2 people are a good indicator of the actions of every single gun owner.

Wasn't ment to be that. Just that more guns out there lead to stuff like this. I want to know if they really lost their permits.

More parents lead to more parents abusing or killing their kids.

I love the Left Wing Logic..

If something really offends a Conservative, their answer is to tell the Conservative to grow thicker skin and get over it.. That their being offended doesn't take away other people's rights to offend them.

If something really offends a Liberal, their answer is that it has to be banned because no one has the right to offend them.

As it is with most Liberal Positions, it's totally hypocritical.

Forum List

Back