Open Carry will lead to wild west shoot outs

Only in a rightwing fantasy world brought on by watching too many movies. In reality, the assailant with the ability to rapidly fire dozens of rounds will have a tactical advantage. Your open carry laws will only encourage him to bring more firepower upon you.
These guys do not care if you shoot back, they are prepared to die before they start shooting

Complete made up nonsense.

Care to elaborate? I'm open to any honest discussion

I literally LOL'd!!!

Thanks wrongwinger, you can't even define honest without help from google.

I suspect some pro-gun folks long for "wild west shoot outs".

Of course you do.

Mindless bed wetters like you project your evil thoughts on to others in order to demonize them.

Forget the fact that "the wild west" wasn't as "wild" as the comic books of the day made it out to be. Insipid moonbats ignore the real facts of the old west, just as they ignore the real facts of modern day Chicago, Detroit, D.C., NY, LA, and every other major city dominated by democrook sociopaths who pretend to care about the slaughter of innocent people by lawless thugs.

What are some big Republican cities?

You know? At one time in this Republic? Dueling used to be an accepted practice to defend one's honor.

Today we duel in a battle of wits, which is why someone like you would need to bring a gun.

It's not my fault bed wetters like you were stupid enough to bring media matters talking points to a gun fight your side wants to start.

I suspect some pro-gun folks long for "wild west shoot outs".

Of course you do.

Mindless bed wetters like you project your evil thoughts on to others in order to demonize them.

Forget the fact that "the wild west" wasn't as "wild" as the comic books of the day made it out to be. Insipid moonbats ignore the real facts of the old west, just as they ignore the real facts of modern day Chicago, Detroit, D.C., NY, LA, and every other major city dominated by democrook sociopaths who pretend to care about the slaughter of innocent people by lawless thugs.

Name ONE bed wetter.

so your proposal is to let him empty his magazine and then ask him to surrender? :cuckoo:

the idea is to limit the amount of death he can cause and to help him with his personal death wish as quickly as possible. Sure, there is some risk, but not as great as just standing by and letting the asshole shoot until he is out of ammo.

My proposal is that we, as a society do not make it easier for them to do their jobs. We do not want the Adam Lanzas of the world to openly enter a school armed to the teeth. We do not want James Holmes to bring as many weapons as he wants into a movie theater just because he has a second amendment right to do so. I do not want some drunk sitting at the end of the bar cradling a shotgun

We need reasonable restrictions on who can carry guns and where they are allowed to carry them. Your wild west fantasies are not the solution

No one has advocated allowing mentally ill people like Lanza and Holmes to openly carry guns---------NO ONE.

No one is advocating that everyone walk around with a gun on his/her hip.

School security people should be armed, people with CC permits should be able to carry in any public place.

Listen RW, if I see you in a mall and see a crazed crack head pointing a gun at you, I will do everything possible to drop him before he kills you. I will find a good target angle, try to aim up to protect bystanders and put two rounds in his center of mass as quickly as possible. Since I use hollow points there is little chance of them going through him and hitting someone else. I hope to never have to do anything like that, but I know how to if it is ever necessary.

Thank you

The point is, we need sensible gun restrictions. We do not want a society where anyone can bring a gun anywhere they desire. Gun free zones make sense. We don't want you bringing your gun into your child's school. We don't want you in a movie theater or ball park armed to the teeth

You know? At one time in this Republic? Dueling used to be an accepted practice to defend one's honor.

Today we duel in a battle of wits, which is why someone like you would need to bring a gun.

It's not my fault bed wetters like you were stupid enough to bring media matters talking points to a gun fight your side wants to start.

Bed wetters? Are you talking about the gun people too scared to leave the house without a gun? The guys who pee themselves when they hear gun control?

Of course you do.

Name ONE bed wetter.

You can't?

And yet it hasn't happened in over a decade of concealed carry and open carry. You panicky liberals can make up dozens of scenarios in you're "minds" till the cows come home and the fact will remain that it hasn't happened.

LOL, and in your 'scenario' - also made up - an armed and untrained citizen (shooting at targets which don't shoot and having no use of force policy nor practiced scenario's as do SWAT) will be an effective tool in real life situations. Having no command structure, no on going intelligence and no communication among the white hats = chaos.

You don't listen very well, but that's why you are still a democrat. You probably won't listen now but here goes:

My scenario isn't that at all, my scenario is the very real one that exists now where if someone decides to try to take out as many people as possible, he or she will need to find a place where an intended victim won't end his spree before it begins. Like the local gun free zone.

Nice strawman argument you built but I'm sorry to tell you it won't fly.

There are a few holes in your argument.

#1, how does one shoot and kill another before s/he begins their "spree"? Does one who sees another carrying a gun openly as a threat, and does that give the 'hero' the right to shoot?

#2, Have you ever heard of suicide by cop?

#3, Gun free zones are not intended to prevent mass murder. What they do is increase the penalty for violating the act. See CA Penal Code, Sec. 626.9 ((a), This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.

see: CA Codes (pen:626-626.11)

Last edited:
I live in an open carry state. In fact, wannabe cowboys pack heat in Safeway, while picking up their wife's Tampex and cupcakes for the church potluck. I've been here 4 years, and there is something that I noticed fairly quickly. Most of these guys are just "puttin' on the style". They don't smile, or greet people in line at the cashier. They like the fact that nobody is going to give them grief if they park their pick-um-up truck too close to another car in the lot. Nobody is going into the Seven Eleven to complain that they are blocking the gas pump while they munch a donut while visiting with Bubba. When they are on their motorcycles, everyone keeps their distance. Nobody is going to beat them to their parking space in front of the Long Branch saloon. Nobody is going to get into an argument with them while watching the Little League game. They love the intimidation factor, and it alters the interaction between people. Back when we were in high school, there was always the school bully, who everyone knew was constantly looking for a fight, so they avoided eye contact with him, and the bully got away with breaking in line, etc. These guys who are "carrying" like to intimidate, but not in an overtly manner. They confuse it with "respect".

One doesn't need to do a Google or Bing or Wikipedia search on the subject.

One has but to use a little common sense.

One of the wildest area in the world at one time was considered to be the American west. [supposedly]

However, the truth is that almost every western town, ranch, and mining camp had a majority of the population armed, skilled at having been involved in either hunting of the Civil War, and more than capable of protecting themselves.

In spite of all the dime novels and Oaters you've seen, they were orderly and duels in the street or shootout with the sheriff did not exist. And, for those who did rob trains or banks, they had to run for their lives as an armed citizenry rose up to chance them - armed to the teeth.

If I was to consider illegally entering a house to rob it and its inhabitants in a community where the majority of people owned arms, it would be a case of utter stupidity - or mental instability.

Do you want a society where only police - and criminals - have guns? :(

I live in an open carry state. In fact, wannabe cowboys pack heat in Safeway, while picking up their wife's Tampex and cupcakes for the church potluck. I've been here 4 years, and there is something that I noticed fairly quickly. Most of these guys are just "puttin' on the style". They don't smile, or greet people in line at the cashier. They like the fact that nobody is going to give them grief if they park their pick-um-up truck too close to another car in the lot. Nobody is going into the Seven Eleven to complain that they are blocking the gas pump while they munch a donut while visiting with Bubba. When they are on their motorcycles, everyone keeps their distance. Nobody is going to beat them to their parking space in front of the Long Branch saloon. Nobody is going to get into an argument with them while watching the Little League game. They love the intimidation factor, and it alters the interaction between people. Back when we were in high school, there was always the school bully, who everyone knew was constantly looking for a fight, so they avoided eye contact with him, and the bully got away with breaking in line, etc. These guys who are "carrying" like to intimidate, but not in an overtly manner. They confuse it with "respect".

Being armed means never having to say.....I'm sorry

My proposal is that we, as a society do not make it easier for them to do their jobs. We do not want the Adam Lanzas of the world to openly enter a school armed to the teeth. We do not want James Holmes to bring as many weapons as he wants into a movie theater just because he has a second amendment right to do so. I do not want some drunk sitting at the end of the bar cradling a shotgun

We need reasonable restrictions on who can carry guns and where they are allowed to carry them. Your wild west fantasies are not the solution

No one has advocated allowing mentally ill people like Lanza and Holmes to openly carry guns---------NO ONE.

No one is advocating that everyone walk around with a gun on his/her hip.

School security people should be armed, people with CC permits should be able to carry in any public place.

Listen RW, if I see you in a mall and see a crazed crack head pointing a gun at you, I will do everything possible to drop him before he kills you. I will find a good target angle, try to aim up to protect bystanders and put two rounds in his center of mass as quickly as possible. Since I use hollow points there is little chance of them going through him and hitting someone else. I hope to never have to do anything like that, but I know how to if it is ever necessary.

Thank you

The point is, we need sensible gun restrictions. We do not want a society where anyone can bring a gun anywhere they desire. Gun free zones make sense. We don't want you bringing your gun into your child's school. We don't want you in a movie theater or ball park armed to the teeth

All of the shootings that you mentioned occurred in gun free zones, chicago has the toughest gun laws in the nation, and the highest number or per capita gun deaths.

Guns are not the problem-------criminals and mentally ill people are the problem. put the criminals in jail the mentally ill in a hospital and there would be virtually no gun deaths.

Bed wetters? Are you talking about the gun people too scared to leave the house without a gun? The guys who pee themselves when they hear gun control?

Nope.

I'm talking about "people" like Bradley Manning for instance, a "man" who slipped through the cracks of security screening and joined the army. The military screens people who are bed wetters because they have emotional/mental problems. Liberals clearly have emotional and mental problems, and Manning is the poster child of a moonbat pinko traitor.

Therefore:

Liberals = Bed wetters.

It's a simple equation.

Furthermore people who carry guns do so in order to protect themselves from the sorts of incorrigible violent psychopaths libtard fucks like you go out of your way to protect. Take Trayvon martin for example.

I find it funny that dipshit pole smokers who are afraid of the gun itself, have the gall to question the bravery of people who carry in order to fight the violent criminals you imbeciles coddle.

Being armed means never having to say.....I'm sorry

or "i'm alive"

Because these laws are in non-urban areas (backwards Town USA), practiced by people who lead lives of quiet desperation.

Google Open Carry Shooting: About 30,700,000 results (0.20 seconds)

Do your homework, sparky.

QUESTION: From outward appearances, what's the difference between an "open cary activists" crossing the mall parking lot, and a mass murderer on his way into the mall???

Like this moron here:

jcpenney-e1388964128694.png

This sort of calculated obnoxious behavior caused Starbucks to issue a letter asking people to stop open carrying in their stores, giving gun control groups a small victory. A smug open carry advocate in New Mexico alarmed lawmakers in New Mexico, which appears to be spurring legislation to restrict open carry there, and has also spurred calls to repeal repeal open carry in Wisconsin.

In one location after another, long gun open carry intentionally designed to evoke a response from the public is leading to more anti-gun laws.

And this comes from pro-gun rights folks.

I'd love to wear my six shooter on the hip...It goes with my goat roper hat and cow shit covered boots...why I might just start to bath one night a week...

Care to elaborate? I'm open to any honest discussion

I literally LOL'd!!!

Thanks wrongwinger, you can't even define honest without help from google.

I'm even willing to have an honest discussion with you. Care to leave your childlike persona at the door?

Yeah, sounds like a larf...

I'll leave my Alinsky tactics at the door, as long as you don't inject utter absurdity and lies into the discussion.

Forum List

Back