🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Open letter to the Christian right

"Please go back to being bitches of the establishment"

"We have candy"

Signed
Stockholm Syndrome Swede.

I disagree with much of the letter for different reasons.

I had a Fundamentalist Baptist tell me I'm going to hell cuz I have sex out of wedlock, and I talked about how the Presbyterian Church does gay marriages.

I don't need all that fire and brimstone...

Or somebody thinking that God waited till the 1700's in America to get it right, with the Baptists, and all other religions were just inferior beta tests

You shall reap what you sow. The key word is "shall." What will happen in the future.
If you sow Trump, what do you get in the future
If you sow Hillary, what do you get in the future

I see a bunch of never Trumps as cutting their nose off to spite their face.

The Christian right is responsible for creating more atheists than born again Christians.

The Christian right is responsible for creating more atheists than born again Christians.
You mistake non religious theists like myself for "atheists".

Only stupid people believe matter can be created from nothing(atheists).

I had a Fundamentalist Baptist tell me I'm going to hell cuz I have sex out of wedlock, and I talked about how the Presbyterian Church does gay marriages.

Or somebody thinking that God waited till the 1700's in America to get it right, with the Baptists, and all other religions were just inferior beta tests
The 1600s, actually. And God had already had it right; Christians just decided to follow again, to wrest control of the church from the papacy and resume the Reformation and return the church to Christ's vision for it.

Fire and brimstone was really just a Great Awakening theology. It never entirely defined the American evangelical community.

As to Erick Erickson and gay marriage and Donald Trump, I sympathize somewhat. The liberal church is on the rise while the evangelical church is not. The virtuous now defend gay marriage and abortion, in effect villifying the Bible.

The left has subverted our culture.

The 1600s, actually. And God had already had it right; Christians just decided to follow again, to wrest control of the church from the papacy and resume the Reformation and return the church to Christ's vision for it.

Fire and brimstone was really just a Great Awakening theology. It never entirely defined the American evangelical community.

As to Erick Erickson and gay marriage and Donald Trump, I sympathize somewhat. The liberal church is on the rise while the evangelical church is not. The virtuous now defend gay marriage and abortion, in effect villifying the Bible.

The left has subverted our culture.
So which feel good denomination of Christianity are you a member of?

That's not what atheists believe. That's what Christians believe. They think God just made all several trillion galaxies out of nothing in a week. If God exists even he must follow the laws of Physics in this universe. The big bang is indeed a theory, one of the most successful theories ever, but the creation is a fairy tale. The fact that they pick this kind of shit to get all political about rather than poverty, misery, hunger or disease just proves the point of OPs article, the Christian right has lost it's way.

"You have made an idol of your politics and worship it as a religion."

And there it is. This is why I call most 'christians' in America kristians with a k. They are not Christians, they worship only their political party to the exclusion of all else. Wordly power is their messiah and savior.

They are no more Christian than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.
Ever heard of prosperity gospel churches? They actually believe that worldly goods are THE measure of how much God loves you. Whoever came up with that shit knew two things: Some people think anything that calls itself Christian is good and conservatives were searching for a moral escape hatch for selfishness and greed.

Nobody, but nobody follows the bible as it was written. Meaning all Christians are full of shit.

Nobody, but nobody follows the bible as it was written. Meaning all Christians are full of shit.
Not all, I know some that are actually saintly people who do marvelous acts of kindness and are not all that judgemental but they are remarkable people and not representative of mainstream that is mainly an infantile Jesus fan club/social club/political organization.

Not all, I know some that are actually saintly people who do marvelous acts of kindness and are not all that judgemental but they are remarkable people and not representative of mainstream that is mainly an infantile Jesus fan club/social club/political organization.
But they don't follow the bible as written, meaning they're fakers.

I was on this forum night and day pounding on Trump when there were good Republican alternatives and none of you assholes helped me then, so now it's too late. The choice is now between Trump and Clinton, which is a bad choice, but Clinton would appoint pro-aborts to the Supreme Court and that matters a lot more to Christians than whether or not Trump is the kind of guy you'd want your daughter to date.

That's not what atheists believe. That's what Christians believe. They think God just made all several trillion galaxies out of nothing in a week. If God exists even he must follow the laws of Physics in this universe. The big bang is indeed a theory, one of the most successful theories ever, but the creation is a fairy tale. The fact that they pick this kind of shit to get all political about rather than poverty, misery, hunger or disease just proves the point of OPs article, the Christian right has lost it's way.
A Big Bang can't create itself, dipshit.

Matter has to be materialized.

Forum List

Back