Open season on our elections

#70: Racism is passe. The timely cancer to work on is class difference.

Give the increase in hate crimes and racial discrimination being encouraged by this President, racism is hardly passe. Given the disparity in wealth between blacks and whites, racism is not passe. Given the incarceration rates, rates of graduation, and the amount of money spent per child on educating the children of the rich and the children of the poor, racism is NOT passe.

You seem to have me confused with someone who likes politicians. I don’t.

Deal. I'm a newbie out of the Badlands and don't know people's politics. Generally, when someone refers to supporters of the President as "scum," they usually support Democrats.

Did I ever say it's okay? What I said. Specifically said, is that you don't accept information from foreign nations if they offer it to your campaign. If you do you, running for office. You expose yourself to blackmail. You will find only ONE example of an incumbent doing otherwise. Trump. No Obama didn't and no Clinton didn't. What at worst they did was hire firms who do opposition research. Those firms create isolation for the incumbents so they can NOT be blackmailed. It's both unethical but only one compromises you.
What I also said is that it's a logical fallacy. Like this one is. This one is the strawman argument. You misrepresent my position because you have no actual retort to my real one.
Two questions. 1) Can you explain how the blackmail thing works? For example, a Ukrainian official brings evidence of wrongdoing by Biden to the Trump campaign, which releases it to the public, how is Trump going to be blackmailed?

2) Are you arguing that it's OK to use the strawmen of a law firm and GPS to obtain opposition research from a foreign national, but you can't accept it directly form the foreign national?

Do you understand that in paying for research it is a distinction with a difference? Paying for opposition research is legal. Getting stolen information given to you by a foreign adversary is not.
Actually, it's not illegal, and paying foreigners for help with your campaign is illegal, you fucking moron.

It absolutely is illegal for a political candidate to accept ANYTHING of value from a foreign government in an election campaign.

It is not illegal to hire foreign nationals to work on your campaign, but it is illegal to hire foreign government officials to work on your campaign. The Clinton campaign did neither. The Clinton Campaign instructed their lawyers to obtain opposition research. The lawyers contacted Fusion GPS and contracted with them to provide OR on Donald Trump. Fusion GPS had previously had a similar contract from representatives of a Republican candidate, and had hired Christopher Steele to do the work, but the contract was terminated when Trump secured the Republican nomination. Fusion contracted with Steele to finish the research on Trump.

At no time did Hillary Clinton meet with Fusion GPS or Christopher Steele. All payments to Steele were made by Fusion GPS, and all payments to Fusion GPS were made by the law firm on behalf of their anonymous client.

Trump Jr. met with officials from the Russian government in Trump Tower in the hopes of being handed Russian government documents which implicated Hillary Clinton in crimes, which his father could then exploit for political gain. That's illegal.

And then Trump Jr. lied about this to Congress. That's illegal too. Why didn't the Justice Department charge Trump Jr. with these crimes? Enquiring minds want to know.
Please spare us the details of Hillary's money laundering operation to pay off espionage agents working for the Russian government.

The election commission has already ruled that information is not considered "a thing of value" for the purposes of election law.

You're totally full of shit, as always.

You ignorant ass. That's not "money laundering", that's a "third party arm's length transaction". Something your feeble, uneducated mind cannot wrap itself around. Not surprising that someone as gullible as you would vote for Trump. He tells you what he wants you to think and you just parrot his lies. There no critical thinking skills or fact checking required on your part. He'll even have Breitbart and FOX News repeat it for you to make it sound legit, but they'll say anything Trump tells them to, just like you.
It's money laundering.

No my dear young idiot, money laundering is when a Russian oligarch pays you $98 million dollars for a property you had listed with no offers for 2 years at $50 million, in October of 2008.

Trump sold a $40 million estate to a Russian oligarch for $100 million—and a senator wants to know why

This is most certainly money laundering:

Buyers tied to Russia, former Soviet republics paid $109 million cash for Trump properties

And this is definitely money laundering:

How the Charge Against Natalia Veselnitskaya Could Lead Back to the Trump Campaign

No my dear young idiot, money laundering is when a Russian oligarch pays you $98 million dollars for a property you had listed with no offers for 2 years at $50 million, in October of 2008.

He actually had it listed at $125M, but don't let facts slow down your conspiracy theories - you're fun to watch.

Actually, it's not illegal, and paying foreigners for help with your campaign is illegal, you fucking moron.

It absolutely is illegal for a political candidate to accept ANYTHING of value from a foreign government in an election campaign.

It is not illegal to hire foreign nationals to work on your campaign, but it is illegal to hire foreign government officials to work on your campaign. The Clinton campaign did neither. The Clinton Campaign instructed their lawyers to obtain opposition research. The lawyers contacted Fusion GPS and contracted with them to provide OR on Donald Trump. Fusion GPS had previously had a similar contract from representatives of a Republican candidate, and had hired Christopher Steele to do the work, but the contract was terminated when Trump secured the Republican nomination. Fusion contracted with Steele to finish the research on Trump.

At no time did Hillary Clinton meet with Fusion GPS or Christopher Steele. All payments to Steele were made by Fusion GPS, and all payments to Fusion GPS were made by the law firm on behalf of their anonymous client.

Trump Jr. met with officials from the Russian government in Trump Tower in the hopes of being handed Russian government documents which implicated Hillary Clinton in crimes, which his father could then exploit for political gain. That's illegal.

And then Trump Jr. lied about this to Congress. That's illegal too. Why didn't the Justice Department charge Trump Jr. with these crimes? Enquiring minds want to know.
Please spare us the details of Hillary's money laundering operation to pay off espionage agents working for the Russian government.

The election commission has already ruled that information is not considered "a thing of value" for the purposes of election law.

You're totally full of shit, as always.

You ignorant ass. That's not "money laundering", that's a "third party arm's length transaction". Something your feeble, uneducated mind cannot wrap itself around. Not surprising that someone as gullible as you would vote for Trump. He tells you what he wants you to think and you just parrot his lies. There no critical thinking skills or fact checking required on your part. He'll even have Breitbart and FOX News repeat it for you to make it sound legit, but they'll say anything Trump tells them to, just like you.
It's money laundering.

Trump sold a $40 million estate to a Russian oligarch for $100 million—and a senator wants to know why

This is most certainly money laundering:

Buyers tied to Russia, former Soviet republics paid $109 million cash for Trump properties

And this is definitely money laundering:

How the Charge Against Natalia Veselnitskaya Could Lead Back to the Trump Campaign

that sale was long before he became pres.

and florida real estate is hot

they dont call that the gold coast for nothing

Trump knows he can not win the 2020 election without the same kind of help he got from Russia in the 2016 election. That is why he is inviting Putin ro help him again.
Not only Russia but ANY country hoping for the downfall of America I'd lmao if China came up with something to embarrass Rump and gave it to the Dem candidate
Unlike the Steele dossier, which the Russians gave to Hillary, how would Trump use anything that wasn't factual?

I think President Trump is playing the libs in a well orchestrated plan here.

He knows what's in the classified documents that are being revealed, he knows what's happening with the Durham investigation, and he knew what kind of conniption the left would have when he made his statement.

I think the other shoe will drop soon enough.

LOL...
More like you desperately hope he is or else you've made yourself a major loser on his behalf. :laugh2:

Did I ever say it's okay? What I said. Specifically said, is that you don't accept information from foreign nations if they offer it to your campaign. If you do you, running for office. You expose yourself to blackmail. You will find only ONE example of an incumbent doing otherwise. Trump. No Obama didn't and no Clinton didn't. What at worst they did was hire firms who do opposition research. Those firms create isolation for the incumbents so they can NOT be blackmailed. It's both unethical but only one compromises you.
What I also said is that it's a logical fallacy. Like this one is. This one is the strawman argument. You misrepresent my position because you have no actual retort to my real one.
Two questions. 1) Can you explain how the blackmail thing works? For example, a Ukrainian official brings evidence of wrongdoing by Biden to the Trump campaign, which releases it to the public, how is Trump going to be blackmailed?

2) Are you arguing that it's OK to use the strawmen of a law firm and GPS to obtain opposition research from a foreign national, but you can't accept it directly form the foreign national?
To your first question sure. Already did.
Well let's play out the scenario to illustrate one of the reasons you shouldn't. You take the information from the talliban or Russia for that matter and you get elected. After you are in office, someone from the talliban, or Russia gets into contact and tells you. "Give me this consession, or I blow the lid on the help I gave you and your willingness to accept it". They call it being compromised and it's not a good thing.
To your second question. it's actually 2 separate questions.
Are you arguing that it's OK to use the strawmen of a law firm
It's both unethical
obtain opposition research from a foreign national, but you can't accept it directly form the foreign national?
Yes that's exactly what I'm claiming for the reason stated in the first question.

#70: Racism is passe. The timely cancer to work on is class difference.

Give the increase in hate crimes and racial discrimination being encouraged by this President, racism is hardly passe. Given the disparity in wealth between blacks and whites, racism is not passe. Given the incarceration rates, rates of graduation, and the amount of money spent per child on educating the children of the rich and the children of the poor, racism is NOT passe.
There is no increase in real hate crimes. There's only an increase in fake hate crimes. There's also no increase in discrimination. There is only an increase in leftwing screeching about it. A disparity in wealth is not prima fascia evidence of racism. It would be absurd to believe that the average income of every race would be identical.

You are such a major fucking idiot.

Trump knows he can not win the 2020 election without the same kind of help he got from Russia in the 2016 election. That is why he is inviting Putin ro help him again.
Not only Russia but ANY country hoping for the downfall of America I'd lmao if China came up with something to embarrass Rump and gave it to the Dem candidate
Unlike the Steele dossier, which the Russians gave to Hillary, how would Trump use anything that wasn't factual?

He knows what's in the classified documents that are being revealed, he knows what's happening with the Durham investigation, and he knew what kind of conniption the left would have when he made his statement.

LOL...
More like you desperately hope he is or else you've made yourself a major loser on his behalf. :laugh2:

Underestimate Donald John Trump at your own peril. He's outsmarted the left every step of the way so far.

LOL...
Trump always wins and you Trump hating turds keep looking foolish.

Thats a good lemming. Keep denying reality.
Honest question. How do you reconcile that law and Hillary paying for the Steele dossier?
Well unless you are arguing that Hilary is a foreign national I think the difference speaks for itself.
?? She paid a foreign national (Steele) for information (disinformation?) from foreign nationals (Russians)

She paid an American law firm, dope.
They hired Fusion GPS who in turn hired Orbis, Steele's firm.

To your first question sure. Already did.
Well let's play out the scenario to illustrate one of the reasons you shouldn't. You take the information from the talliban or Russia for that matter and you get elected. After you are in office, someone from the talliban, or Russia gets into contact and tells you. "Give me this consession, or I blow the lid on the help I gave you and your willingness to accept it". They call it being compromised and it's not a good thing.
To your second question. it's actually 2 separate questions.
Are you arguing that it's OK to use the strawmen of a law firm
It's both unethical
obtain opposition research from a foreign national, but you can't accept it directly form the foreign national?
Yes that's exactly what I'm claiming for the reason stated in the first question.

Thanks. I'm still confused about the blackmail thing. If the Trump campaign makes it public, what are they going to blackmail him about? Back to my example, the blackmail threat by the Ukrainian official is that he's going to out himself as the source of Trump's information? Trump would say - "Go for it. I didn't release your name to protect you."

Not sure I'm buying your second theory. If, when contacted, Trump Jr told that Russian lawyer to go talk to his lawyers, then that would be OK?

OK. You're sticking to the theory that the use of strawmen in the transaction absolves her and her campaign. Do you see any problems with that?

I'm having difficulty reconciling the meaning of that sentence. What's your point?

The poster was arguing that Trump accepting opposition research information from foreign nationals would be illegal.

My question was why wouldn't it be illegal to pay for opposition research information from foreign nationals?

Thats a good lemming. Keep denying reality.
Honest question. How do you reconcile that law and Hillary paying for the Steele dossier?
Well unless you are arguing that Hilary is a foreign national I think the difference speaks for itself.
?? She paid a foreign national (Steele) for information (disinformation?) from foreign nationals (Russians)

No SHE didn't. SHE didn't have contact with the researcher (Steele). Nor did she have contact with his sources. Steele was contracted and paid by Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS contracted with and was paid by the law firm. Hillary had no contact nor did she pay with ANYONE associated with the information contained in the OR.

That you consistenly fail to see that difference shows what a complete dupe you are. Trump was contracting with Russian agents for information. That he didn't know they were Russian agents is the ONLY reason there were no indictments filed for conspiracy.

And you have to ask yourself why a sworn enemy of the United States of America was willing to invest so much time and money into sabatoging the election of Hillary Clinton, and ensuring the election of Donald Trump. Can anyone honestly say that Putin thought Trump would be a better President for America? That he thought Trump would be strong and stand up for America? Or did he think that Trump was an easily manipulated and lead fool who admired him and would do anything for his approval?

Putin didn't want a Trump Presidency for YOU. He wanted it to do as much damage as possible to your country.

Yeah, Trump is terrible. Next he'll be paying Russia for a fake dossier to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Dem nominee.
Trump is unamerican He would accept help from foreign countries and not call FBI and republicans are fn swine for not calling the pos what he is

The thing is it's ILLEGAL to take help from a foreign nation for an election.

trump; broke the law when he took Russia's help in 2016, then lied about it, and has proudly said he will break the law again.

The man belongs in prison not our White House.
That depends on what that help is. It's illegal for the campaign to accept contributions or anything of monetary value from a foreign source. However, if Putin calls up his old buddy in the White House and says I've got some good shit on Biden. That's perfectly legal. If a deal is struck, then that can be illegal. If that shit helps the candidate raise money for the campaign, then it can argued that's its illegal. In other words, it can get tricky.

The law is 52 U.S.C. 30121 and it clearly states the following, notice it says directly or indirectly money or other thing of value.

52 U.S. Code § 30121 - Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a)ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—
(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

According to the law it doesn't have to be money and they don't have to actually take it. It just has to be offered.

So it's really not that tricky and from the language of the law, trump and his campaign broke that law in 2016 and trump said today he would break that law again for the upcoming election.
The contribution must have monetary value. And that is where it does get tricky. If Putin just offers Trump damaging information about his opponent and it has no monetary value then the law does not apply. If it can be shown that the information helps the campaign raise donations, the law does apply or if there is quid pro quo agreement then that can be a violation of other laws. If Trump uses a person in his employ or employed by the campaign, to meet with the foreign agent that would be illegal. If the person offering the information is a citizen of a foreign power and it can be shown that he is acting as agent of that government then that person must be registered as agent of a foreign country. If they are not, that is a violation of law.

The most serious crimes would likely come from a cover up, bribes, lying to federal agents, obstruction of justice, etc.

Last edited:

OK. You're sticking to the theory that the use of strawmen in the transaction absolves her and her campaign. Do you see any problems with that?

Absolves her of what? The Clinton campaign and the DNC were paying for opposition research.

When Steele realized he had found far more than that, he contacted the FBI.

Do you know if either the Clinton campaign or the DNC ever acually received a completed copy of the dossier? Did they use it in any way?

Forum List

Back