🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OSU suspect facing 2nd deg murder charges

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Woman in OSU homecoming parade crash faces second-degree murder charges

"A woman is facing second-degree murder charges after authorities said she plowed a car into the crowd at the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade killing four people, including a 2-year-old boy, police announced Sunday.

may suffer from a mental illness and was not drinking alcohol before the crash, her lawyer said on Sunday.

Adacia Chambers, 25, was arrested after the crash on a driving while under the influence charge, and authorities said they added four charges of second-degree murder. Police did not immediately respond to messages seeking a more detailed explanation of the new charges.

But Chambers' attorney Tony Coleman said she did not smell of alcohol when he met her hours after the crash and did not appear to be someone who had been in a "drunken stupor." Police are awaiting blood tests to determine if she was impaired by drugs or alcohol.

"I absolutely can rule out alcohol," Coleman told a press conference in Oklahoma City Sunday, adding that he had spoken to her aunt, grandmother and boyfriend and all had said she was not drinking.

"She doesn't remember a whole lot about what happened. There was a period where I think ... she could have even blacked out," Coleman said. Chambers only recalls people removing her from the car and being extremely confused, he said."

Ah. Another mentally ill psycho mass killer who....30 years ago....would have been permanently confined in a mental institute.

But....libs were outraged and protested mental confinement....and they won. Now our crazies roam free.

Thanks libs! Another left wing success story!

Ah. Another mentally ill psycho mass killer who....30 years ago....would have been permanently confined in a mental institute.

But....libs were outraged and protested mental confinement....and they won. Now our crazies roam free.

I'll ignore the fact that our Republican controlled House and Senate has the ability to fix that problem and hasn't and won't.

Check out my 'quit making everything partisan' thread. And follow the suggestion.

I'll ignore the fact that our Republican controlled House and Senate has the ability to fix that problem and hasn't and won't.
How do they fix it? And I assume since you can so easily blame them NOW then you also blamed the Dems from 2007 to 2011?

Oh-ho, girls just wanna have fun...

Oklahoma parade crash suspect charged with four counts of murder
Sun Oct 25, 2015 - An Oklahoma woman was charged on Sunday with four counts of second-degree murder a day after she allegedly crashed the car she was driving into a crowd at an Oklahoma State University homecoming parade, killing four people and injuring dozens, police said.
Adacia Avery Chambers, 25, allegedly drove a gray Hyundai Elantra into a crowd watching Saturday's parade in Stillwater, about 65 miles (105 km) southwest of Oklahoma City. Police said they suspected Chambers was intoxicated. Three adults and a toddler were killed and about four dozen people were injured, five of them critically. Stillwater police said in a statement on Sunday the murder charges were filed in consultation with the Payne County District Attorney's office. Police were still awaiting results of a blood test administered to Chambers after the crash.

Her lawyer, Tony Coleman, told The Oklahoman newspaper he believes his client is mentally ill and doubted she was drunk at the time of the crash. "I don't believe right now that she was intoxicated,” Coleman told the newspaper. “I have deep concerns about her competency at this point. I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I can tell you she's suffering from mental illness,” Coleman said. Reuters could not reach Coleman immediately. Chambers was expected to make an initial appearance in Payne County District Court on Monday afternoon, police said.

r

Adacia Avery Chambers is pictured in this booking photo provided by the Stillwater Police department, in Stillwater, Oklahoma

A man who was watching the parade with his family said the crash sounded like a bomb had gone off, transforming a festive mood into one of horror. "All I remember was a gush of wind and then the sound," Mark McNitt said at a news conference, recalling when the vehicle jumped the curb, mowing down dozens of men, women and children. "The only thing I can relate it to is some type of bombing," said McNitt, whose father-in-law Leo Schmitz, 54, was critically injured. "The screaming ... and a lot of screaming."

Police said Chambers lives in Stillwater but did not appear to be an OSU student. She worked at Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers in Stillwater, her employer said. Her father, Floyd Chambers, 47, earlier told The Oklahoman his daughter lived with her boyfriend in Stillwater. He described her as timid and not an alcoholic. “They’re going to paint her into a horrible person but this is not (her),” he told the paper.

MORE

See also:

Retired Oklahoma State Professor, Wife Among Dead in Homecoming Parade Crash
Oct 25 2015, A retired Oklahoma State University professor and his wife were two of the four people killed when a driver plowed through a crowd of people at OSU's homecoming parade, according to police and someone who worked closely with the renowned couple.
Marvin Stone, Ph.D., and his wife, Bonnie Jean Stone, who also worked at OSU, were "wonderful individuals," Dan Thomas, the head of the Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering department at OSU, told NBC News Sunday. "They mentored many others, and were very giving spirits." The Stones, both 65, were identified by the Stillwater Police Department as two of the four people who lost their lives when a 25-year-old woman, Adacia Chambers, who is suspected of being under the influence, crashed a car into people watching OSU's homecoming parade Saturday morning. A 2-year-old boy and a 23-year-old University of Central Oklahoma student were also killed in the tragedy, which left an additional 47 people injured, according to the Stillwater Police Department.

151025-marvin-stone-mn-1145_197c3d1b9d6b6115512081c9c01f9986.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Marvin Stone, Ph.D.
Marvin Stone retired from OSU in 2006 after 24 years teaching courses in automatic controls and sensor systems in the university's engineering department. The Colorado State University and Washington State University alum received numerous awards during his time teaching, including OSU's highest faculty honor, the Eminent Faculty Award, according to his teaching profile. He was also honored for innovations in his field at a Congressional reception in Washington, D.C., earlier this year, according to the school. "Professor Stone could have been a professor at any university he was that renowned, but he chose to stay here partly because of the relationships," said colleague Paul Weckler. "He and Bonnie are going to be highly missed here for decades."

151025-nikita-nakal-mn-1530_1e519c58994db48c8949bb2e5965e2cb.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Nikita Prabhakar​

Bonnie Stone worked in the Institutional Research and Information Management department at OSU for 33 years, according to a statement from the school. "Bonnie had an infectious laugh," her longtime friend, Debbie Gimlin, told NBC News. "It was a cross of a giggle and a Bugs Bunny laugh. Probably not the most complimentary description of a laugh, but it was great." Gimlin said the couple didn't have children of their own but "Bonnie and Marvin always were kind and loving to my son."

MORE

Last edited:
Not legally drunk, just drunk enough...

Oklahoma woman who plowed into homecoming crowd was not drunk: court papers
21 Nov.`15 -- A woman accused of killing four people and injuring dozens more at Oklahoma State University's Oct. 24 homecoming parade had a blood alcohol content below the minimum level to be considered legally intoxicated, court papers showed.
According to a brief filed on Thursday with the Payne County District Court by defense attorney Tony Coleman, a blood draw conducted on the day of the accident showed that 25-year-old Adacia Chambers had a blood alcohol content of 0.01 percent. Due to a gag order, officials with the police department in Stillwater, Oklahoma, said on Friday they could not comment specifically on the case or the accuracy of the brief's contents.

2015-11-21T031814Z_2_LYNXNPEBAK01I_RTROPTP_2_OKLAHOMA-CRASH.JPG

Adacia Avery Chambers is pictured in this booking photo provided by the Stillwater Police department, in Stillwater, Oklahoma​

In Oklahoma, the minimum blood alcohol content to be considered under the influence is 0.08 percent for those 21 and older. Chambers' attorney, Coleman, had filed the brief in support of a motion requesting court funds to finance bringing in an expert witness in psychology and accident reconstruction.

The suspect's father, Floyd Chambers, and her attorney have said she has a history of mental illness and sought treatment twice in recent years. Facing four counts of second-degree murder and 46 counts of assault and battery, Chambers is due back in court on Dec. 10 and is currently being held in lieu of $1 million bond.

Oklahoma woman who plowed into homecoming crowd was not drunk: court papers

Forum List

Back