Otay Mesa Lithium Ion Battery Fire Burns For Weeks

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
When will the damage caused by Green Energy acknowledged and stopped. Here is yet another example of Lithium Ion Batteries catching on fire, spewing toxic fumes, leaving firefighters with no way to put out the fire.

Cal Fire said the evacuation orders were issued as people in the area could be affected due to potential poisonous vapors and potential explosions. A shelter-in-place order was, at one point, issued for nearby Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility.

Due to the hazardous fumes filling the energy-storage complex, firefighters used streams of water from powerful hoses to subdue the blaze from outside, supplementing an internal sprinkler system at the business, Cal Fire Capt. Mike Cornette said.
1717384330767.png

When will the damage caused by Green Energy acknowledged and stopped. Here is yet another example of Lithium Ion Batteries catching on fire, spewing toxic fumes, leaving firefighters with no way to put out the fire.

View attachment 956577
One would think (and probably wrong) they would have come up with a foam, solidifying on contact with air that could smother battery fires by now. But, I guess not.

One would think (and probably wrong) they would have come up with a foam, solidifying on contact with air that could smother battery fires by now. But, I guess not.
All fires need oxygen to burn. Eliminate oxygen the fire goes out. The problem with batteries is they keep producing heat,
which eventually reignites.

All fires need oxygen to burn. Eliminate oxygen the fire goes out. The problem with batteries is they keep producing heat,
which eventually reignites.
That is why I said some kind of solidifying foam to create a permanent barrier to air.

I wonder how much CO2 and other Green House Gases were produced. The people demand to know.
What, the gases given off by the batteries, or fumes given off by some kind of foam fire extinguisher?

Ask a scientist. My careers have mostly been about breaking stuff or building stuff. I was a Business Major, for my Bachelor of Science, not a Science major.

Forum List

Back