Our Civilization Peaked Around 1970

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
1. Kids could play outside.
2. Single income supported a family of 4, insurance was free to workers and you got retirement.
3. Less distractions. TV was it. If you got home in time to watch your show.
4. Education was better.
5. People were healthier. Look at any crowd pic of the period, few were overweight.
6. Sports was an escape from politics and real life.
7. People dressed well.
8. People had better work ethic and working for one company in your life was common.

Yes, you can point to the negatives of that time, but they are all worse today.

10. People didn't spend time with their friends and family staring at a phone.
11. We didn't have the surveillance media-government complex spying on everything we do.

Likely there as a commentary in 1970 about the civilization peaking in 1950 or whenever.

In 1950, someone was probably longing for the 1920's.

1970 other than the Viet Nam war was pretty great. My Dad was a Staff Sergeant but could afford to have us live in the suburbs, my friends and I either played sports in the park or explore the woods.

1. Kids could play outside.
2. Single income supported a family of 4, insurance was free to workers and you got retirement.
3. Less distractions. TV was it. If you got home in time to watch your show.
4. Education was better.
5. People were healthier. Look at any crowd pic of the period, few were overweight.
6. Sports was an escape from politics and real life.
7. People dressed well.
8. People had better work ethic and working for one company in your life was common.

Yes, you can point to the negatives of that time, but they are all worse today.

Polyester suits were not dressing well.

Likely there as a commentary in 1970 about the civilization peaking in 1950 or whenever.

In 1950, someone was probably longing for the 1920's.
Feel free to provide examples, this isn’t the Fantasy channel.
Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.

- Socrates

Forum List

Back