Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural va

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Our climate models are WRONG: Global warming has slowed - and recent changes are down to ‘natural variability’, says study
  • Duke University study looked at 1,000 years of temperature records
  • It compared it to the most severe emissions scenarios by the IPCC
  • Found that natural variability can slow or speed the rate of warming
  • These 'climate wiggles' were not properly accounted for in IPCC report

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3052926/Our-climate-models-WRONG-Global-warming-slowed-recent-changes-natural-variability-says-study.html#ixzz3YBXCffjr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I predict about 1c of warming between now and 2100. ;) Yes, it will warm but 3-4c??? No way.

I've thought the warming would be around 1c to 1.25c for this century since 2007. ;) Now that is still some serious warming so I wouldn't expect no severe change in climate. The little ice age was about 1.25-1.3c of climate change.

I've thought the warming would be around 1c to 1.25c for this century since 2007. ;) Now that is still some serious warming so I wouldn't expect no severe change in climate. The little ice age was about 1.25-1.3c of climate change.

Both caused by MOTHER NATURE. By the way...that 1c to 1.25c in both cooling and warming was ONLY A change in AVERAGE temperature for whatever time frames they were using...NOT CLIMATE CHANGE. I wish you damn people would get a life.

The article title does not coincide with the article content. According to the content, models get the "big picture" right but not decade-to-decade forecasts. Also, the study shows that the rate of warming can decrease or increase.

Skook, take the dress off, you happy ghey thing. Nobody wants to see you mincing around in drag.

HadCrut temps. Temps have been steadily increasing at 0.175C per decade. Not only is there not a pause, there's not even a slowdown in the warming.

trend1.png

Whooooa Matthew. Gonna piss of a handful of folks in this forum!!! The stampede's a 'comin!!! Shit like this results in genuine mental meltdowns amongst the hardcore k00ks who promote only THEIR science.

And my science covers 73 years of actually going outside into the "CLIMATE" and finding some "perfect" years, some "not so perfect" (too hot or too cold or too much rain or too much snow or not enough rain or snow), some years being too cold during the summer, some years being too hot during the summer, some years with practically no incredibly cold winter weather, some years with no brilliant fall colors and some with brilliant falls colors.

AND IT ALL AVERAGES OUT TO NORMAL GLOBAL TEMPERATURES IN MY PART OF THE WORLD OVER THOSE 73 FREAKING YEARS.

How much of the world is your part of the world? Why do you limit yourself to 73 years? Is that your age? Is the data upon which you base this conclusion simply your recollections of the weather during the course of your lifetime?

:rofl::rofl:
Skook, take the dress off, you happy ghey thing. Nobody wants to see you mincing around in drag.

HadCrut temps. Temps have been steadily increasing at 0.175C per decade. Not only is there not a pause, there's not even a slowdown in the warming.

trend1.png

Duke University sweetie.................you lose!!!:boobies::boobies:

• Duke University study looked at 1,000 years of temperature records
  • It compared it to the most severe emissions scenarios by the IPCC
  • Found that natural variability can slow or speed the rate of warming
  • These 'climate wiggles' were not properly accounted for in IPCC report

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3052926/Our-climate-models-WRONG-Global-warming-slowed-recent-changes-natural-variability-says-study.html#ixzz3YGjLoCYX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Global warming has slowed but our climate models are WRONG Daily Mail Online

Now....some of the uber-hard core AGW k00ks will come in here and call these scientists fake scientists. We will let the readers of the thread decide!!!:coffee:

Climate alarmism...........virtually dead in 2015!!! And yes..........Im fucking giddy about it!!!:spinner::spinner::rofl:

PS....this is a top story on DRUDGE right now............will be seen by 90 million people by the end of the weekend!!:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Last edited:
How much of the world is your part of the world? Why do you limit yourself to 73 years? Is that your age? Is the data upon which you base this conclusion simply your recollections of the weather during the course of your lifetime?

In the order you asked....

States of Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky. Very similar climates Because I'm not 74 yet. Yes. Yeah...first hand information, such as the summer of 1954 when the mid-July temperature hit a forever high of 116 degrees and averaged over 100 degrees for about a week and a half. I was 12 years old and practically no one had air conditioning. My dad went out and purchased the first window fan we ever owned. Many people were sleeping in Forest Park at night...St. Louis' answer to N.Y. City's Central Park. My recollection pretty much coincides with any data on file.

States of Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky. Very similar climates Because I'm not 74 yet. Yes. Yeah...first hand information, such as the summer of 1954 when the mid-July temperature hit a forever high of 116 degrees and averaged over 100 degrees for about a week and a half. I was 12 years old and practically no one had air conditioning. My dad went out and purchased the first window fan we ever owned. Many people were sleeping in Forest Park at night...St. Louis' answer to N.Y. City's Central Park. My recollection pretty much coincides with any data on file.

How could I argue with that?

Well... perhaps like this:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

Do you think your personal recollections are accurate to 0.6C over 73 years? That would require that you discern roughly 15 thousandths of a farenheit degree of average, annual warming every year.

Pardon me if I don't think you're up to it.

The article title does not coincide with the article content. According to the content, models get the "big picture" right but not decade-to-decade forecasts. Also, the study shows that the rate of warming can decrease or increase.

Tell me how a program, which can not even get near a short range prediction right is going to get a long range prediction right.. This I got to hear.. Any researcher who makes stupid statements like this deserves the ridicule they will get. Commonsense... SEVERELY Lacking in science today.

Last edited:

How could I argue with that?

Well... perhaps like this:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

Do you think your personal recollections are accurate to 0.6C over 73 years? That would require that you discern roughly 15 thousandths of a farenheit degree of average, annual warming every year.

Pardon me if I don't think you're up to it.

And in answering his question you use altered/homogenized data..

trend

Simply amazing that over 180 years the planet has warmed just 0.47 deg C.... Why do alarmists alwasy use false data? Not to mention that 0.47 deg C is well within the MOE due to the recording devices used during the full record length.

Simply put the rate of rise and amount of rise given the earth natural variation rates is statistically insignificant and can not be proven man caused.

Forum List

Back