Our New Speaker Thinks the Earth is 6,000 Years Old

Tater has a $2 TRILLION deficit this year. How is that better? And don't try to use the pandemic years, Simp.
Tater sounds too MAGA, like Cletus or Jethro, I prefer Brandon.
Dark_Brandon.jpg

If the age limit isn't raised it will go broke much faster.

When SS was enacted the retirement age was higher than the expected life span of Americans. Today that would put the SS retirement age at about 80 years old.
Bringing Up SS payments for the lowest income elderly to $1000 a month.

Letting the rest of us supplementing our income with SS know that after ? one or two years? there will be no more raising of rates.

Lets let those who have so much money that their chances of ever needing to use there SS are slim but its there for them. Mean while let them pay a little more into SS.

With the age rate increase for those slow earning starters, DO not know what we can do for them?? Any ideas?

Just thoughts, we should all be thinking about ways to make things better, not hand outs, but helping hands.
WORKING TOGETHER, FOR, NOT AGAINEST AMERICA
just thoughts, not necessary to reply if you don't like my thoughts, Looking for better thoughts, plus... not negatives

Bringing Up SS payments for the lowest income elderly to $1000 a month.

Letting the rest of us supplementing our income with SS know that after ? one or two years? there will be no more raising of rates.

Lets let those who have so much money that their chances of ever needing to use there SS are slim but its there for them. Mean while let them pay a little more into SS.

With the age rate increase for those slow earning starters, DO not know what we can do for them?? Any ideas?

Just thoughts, we should all be thinking about ways to make things better, not hand outs, but helping hands.
WORKING TOGETHER, FOR, NOT AGAINEST AMERICA
just thoughts, not necessary to reply if you don't like my thoughts, Looking for better thoughts, plus... not negatives
I have no idea how to save SS. it’s a Ponzi scheme destined to fail.

Just pointing out the fact when it started people were most likely dead before collecting a penny.

But any suggestion to change anything is met with Dimwingers claiming Republicans want to throw granny off a cliff.

I have no idea how to save SS. it’s a Ponzi scheme destined to fail.
Yes.

Those who started it expected to be long dead when it failed and expected their children and grandchildren to never have to depend on it.
Just pointing out the fact when it started people were most likely dead before collecting a penny.

But any suggestion to change anything is met with Dimwingers claiming Republicans want to throw granny off a cliff.
Maybe the best thing for Republicans is to no longer suggest cuts to Social Security, but to keep pointing out how unsustainable it is and to warn their voters, especially younger ones, not to count on a single penny.

Not that they don't already know. I saw a poll once in which more people under thirty believed they would someday be abducted by aliens than believed they would someday collect Social Security.

Well, this is reassuring.

The new Speaker appears to believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.​
In the mere hours since Johnson was elected speaker Wednesday, he hadn’t had to address his views on creationism and evolution. But his close ties to a leader of the creationist movement and his past legal work — on behalf of the Ark Encounter creationist theme park, where children can learn that dinosaurs were passengers on Noah’s Ark — seem to suggest that he’s also personally aligned with these beliefs.​

“The Ark Encounter is one way to bring people to this recognition of the truth, that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Johnson said in a 2021 interview with Ark Encounter founder Ken Ham while guest-hosting the radio showof Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, an evangelical activist group.​

And unfortunately Johnson’s not alone among the willfully ignorant right.

Argue about religion or science all you want., My displeasure is his wants regarding SOCIAL SECURITY cuts and raising the age limit.
Cutting Medicare and raising the age limit.

Bad news. Lots of people can't work into their late 60s and early 70s. Seems especially hard on service people.

well he led the charge for state legislators to appoint electors that did not represent the state votes ... so he's a good fit with Q

Hmm? Meanwhile, Democrats/leftoids are pushing for the winner of the "popular" vote to be given a state's electors regardless of who that state voted for.

Then we had this, among other attempts, in 2016, by Democrats.

No, we don’t want to be a MAGA shithole.

No, you prefer Biden's shithole where 10 million illegals have swarmed our borders in less than 3 years. And are overwhelming communities all across America and costing taxpayers who knows how many tens of billions this year, next year, and on and on. Etc., etc., etc.

Now that is a shithole.

Forum List

Back