Our president has no balls.

They won’t get weaker in part because of our infatuation with climate change and our dependency on oil and natural gas, which Russia supplies. Germany, for example, tries to embrace climate change all the while enriching Russia by buying their natural gas and oil. There won’t be a long game, only a short game, and Russia will win.
Don't know if you realize it, but you are simply pushing Russian Federation propaganda.

Oh, and we import 7% of oil from Russia not 10%, and we are REDUCING that amount, as we speak.

Our oil production decreased during covid, because oil prices dropped and it was not profitable to draw out more oil.... With prices high, our American oil production will increase.

Stop pretending you care this happened. You just look for any reason to whine about Biden.
/-----/ When you can't refute the message, attack the messenger. Saul Alinsky would be proud of you. Your clown can't even keep the countries straight.

Dementia Joe called Ukrainians IRANIANS in SOTU address. Will Nancy tear up his speech too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How representative of Republicans, Conservatives, and MAGAHats is poster Flash?
I think there is an argument that he is quite representative. Perhaps, it is a matter of degree, but he does
seem a tad racists, bigoted, homophobic.
At least he seems that way to my avatar. IMHO

Now, is his rhetoric and thinking a fitting avatar for MAGAHats?
I can see an argument by someone that he is perfect for that role.

But I'll let the forum judge poster Flash's suitability as a spokesman of Conservative thinking.

At this point he certainly seems as the favored definer and articulator of what Conservatives want in our legitimate political discourse.

A tad?

Really??

Yes it does, you must have skipped that day. Hope they dont pay you to make graphs.

No, they do not. Doing so is often stupid as it leaves your graph with 75% empty space. Part of what I am paid to do is produce graphs that help our clients understand the data and make decisions based on that data.

Here is an example of when doing so is a bad idea.

This graph would just look stupid starting at zero.

1646229677941.png

also...

:link: :linky:

Something like this...the yellow dot is Feb of 2021. Is production up or down since then?

View attachment 609574
A graph with no zero is very deceptive, and that is usually intentionally. Should All Graphs Start at 0? – MeasuringU

To show or not show 0​

Is it deceptive or even dishonest to not show the zero on a graph? The famous book, “How to Lie with Statistics” has for generations (it was originally published in 1954) helped people detect deception with statistics and graphics. The book by Darrell Huff is full of great advice for understanding how to make sense of the constant barrage of data and graphs we see every day.

One thing it mentions is to be wary of graphs that don’t start the y-axis at 0. Something you’ll quickly find echoed from other online sources.

What’s interesting about both graphics above is that they display roughly similar increases. The tax graph is an increase in tax rates of 13% [(39.5-35)/35 = .129] and the carbon dioxide displays an increase of roughly 16% from 1900 to 2000 [(335-290)/290 = .1552].

The website from which I pulled the graphic states that a better graph would have shown something like the following:

tax-increase.jpg

So, now we want President Biden to be a war hawk?

Priceless…

Thinking for yourself is not your forte’. You need to be spoon fed information by an opinionated ”journalist”. What are you challenging? Biden didn’t remove sanctions on Nord Stream? Russia will not profit from Nord Stream? Germany is not dependent on Russia for energy? The US doesn’t import about 10% of oil from Russia? Start googling.

Who knows why you think others have to prove you wrong when you can't prove yourself right?

No link showing 10% of our oil comes from Russia?

If Russia wins they will continue to be a bully ...

To win and to win are very different things. Up to now Russia lost really a lot - and this process of isolation will continue. This also is in Putins hands.

A graph with no zero is very deceptive, and that is usually intentionally. Should All Graphs Start at 0? – MeasuringU

To show or not show 0​

Is it deceptive or even dishonest to not show the zero on a graph? The famous book, “How to Lie with Statistics” has for generations (it was originally published in 1954) helped people detect deception with statistics and graphics. The book by Darrell Huff is full of great advice for understanding how to make sense of the constant barrage of data and graphs we see every day.

One thing it mentions is to be wary of graphs that don’t start the y-axis at 0. Something you’ll quickly find echoed from other online sources.

What’s interesting about both graphics above is that they display roughly similar increases. The tax graph is an increase in tax rates of 13% [(39.5-35)/35 = .129] and the carbon dioxide displays an increase of roughly 16% from 1900 to 2000 [(335-290)/290 = .1552].

The website from which I pulled the graphic states that a better graph would have shown something like the following:

tax-increase.jpg

Here is the the same data as the graph I posted above starting at zero. Literally 80% of the space is empty and useless. If I presented this to my boss or a client I very well might lose my job.

1646230400527.png

Forum List

Back