Our president has no balls.

Not currently the trend. The US and the EU are united like never before and the EU seems ready to sacrifice their Russian gas for the cause.

Yeah, Germany and much of the EU has seemed to wake up. Trump warned Germany of becoming too dependent on an adversary for energy. They finally caught on. Seems like a not brainer, but I guess they are a little slow or they went too far, too fast down the climate change rabbit hole. If we aren't careful, the US will do he same if the climate change nutters that are currently running the show get their way.

Yeah, Germany and much of the EU has seemed to wake up. Trump warned Germany of becoming too dependent on an adversary for energy. They finally caught on. Seems like a not brainer, but I guess they are a little slow or they went too far, too fast down the climate change rabbit hole. If we aren't careful, the US will do he same if the climate change nutters that are currently running the show get their way.
Well that's ass backwards wrong. Our oil industry is not nationalized.

We produce more than we use, yet we still import from Russia.

Yes he did at the behest of the German government.

And no, Russia will not profit from Nord Stream 2 now because Germany shut it back down in response to the attack on the Ukraine.

He shouldn't have removed the sanctions despite Germany's insistence. That, along with the Afghanistan debacle only emboldened Putin and actually made Ukraine more vulnerable to Russian aggression in the long term since they would lose transit revenue from the Russian oil that must currently pass through their country.

Germany finally woke up, good for them. Clearly, if Germany is not going to use Nord Stream 2, removing the sanctions was not necessary.

Well that's ass backwards wrong. Our oil industry is not nationalized.

We produce more than we use, yet we still import from Russia.

If the climate change folks get their way, we will have the same fate as Germany, but may not wake up in time. We need oil, period. There is absolutely no reason to stop producing it here while looking for future alternatives. Germany made the wrong decision by cutting their production in the name of climate change before they were capable of at least some level of autonomy with green alternatives. That was dumb and it looks like it took Russia invading Ukraine to wake them up. Hopefully we will not be so naïve, but I sincerely wonder.

He shouldn't have removed the sanctions despite Germany's insistence. That, along with the Afghanistan debacle only emboldened Putin and actually made Ukraine more vulnerable to Russian aggression in the long term since they would lose transit revenue from the Russian oil that must currently pass through their country.

Germany finally woke up, good for them. Clearly, if Germany is not going to use Nord Stream 2, removing the sanctions was not necessary.
...because Putin decided to invade Ukraine.

Some people understand the difference between Monday morning quarterbacking and an honest evaluation of events in the past with the benefit of hindsight.

And some don't.

He shouldn't have removed the sanctions despite Germany's insistence.

I disagree. We have no earthly right to tell anyone, let alone an ally, where they are allowed to buy oil and NG from. How would you feel if the EU put sanctions on a pipeline we were using/building?

Would you be ok with that?

That, along with the Afghanistan debacle only emboldened Putin and actually made Ukraine more vulnerable to Russian aggression in the long term since they would lose transit revenue from the Russian oil that must currently pass through their country.

Personally do not think that Biden royal fuckup in Afghanistan had any bearing on what Putin is doing now.

One thing I do think though is that Putin never expected the world, both private companies and governments, to unite against him as they have.

They were as they showed goodwill between us and Germany. It is the right thing that they choose not to use it, instead of us telling them how to run their country.

All he wanted and needed was a written promise of no NATO in Ukraine. All of this could have been avoided with this simple act by a better world. Donetsk and Luhansk have been abused for years and at most he provided them weak help so there is no reason to believe he wouldn't have continued to tolerate it.
That’s ridiculous. Ukraine is an independent nation. Russia has no right to make such demands of another nation. We tried this with Cuba. It failed. Are you saying Russia has the right to invade anyother nation on its border ? So, after they invade Ukraine, they can then do the same with Poland ? Again, ridiculous.

That’s ridiculous. Ukraine is an independent nation. Russia has no right to make such demands of another nation. We tried this with Cuba. It failed. Are you saying Russia has the right to invade anyother nation on its border ? So, after they invade Ukraine, they can then do the same with Poland ? Again, ridiculous.
Ever heard of the Monroe Doctrine?

and you look for any reason to whine about trump and republicans.....how are you any different?....
Actually there are plenty of things Trump did or does that I don’t at all care make him look like an idiot. You’re just making the assumption that it’s anything he does because you’re terrible at flaming.

Actually there are plenty of things Trump did or does that I don’t at all care make him look like an idiot. You’re just making the assumption that it’s anything he does because you’re terrible at flaming.
it doesnt take away what i said does it?.....what are you going to whine about tomorrow?....

Oil and gas are finite resources so they will eventually run out. We can wait until they do or we can transition slowly and methodically starting now.

it doesnt take away what i said does it?.....what are you going to whine about tomorrow?....
The things I care about whining about. Other things I will still ignore. And yeah, trust me, your point is still wrong and you’re simply desperate to put me in my place I guess lol.

Biden revoked their permit. That is not what halted construction of it. Construction was already halted while Trump was president. Biden's executive order merely made it so that construction could not be resumed.
WRONG! Trump got the permits in 2017. Biden IMMEDIATELY revoked the key 🔑 Permit allowing for 1200 Miles

Ever heard of the Monroe Doctrine?
So you DO support fascist dictatorships !
Of course……the difference is simple, we are a democracy. Russia is insisting the nighborhood countries can’t have anything to do with nato, all democracies. They’re insisting they become fascist dictatorships So they can take them over.
The Monroe Doctrine does not sanction foreign powers anywhere near us In our hemisphere. If Cuba wanted to become a free nation, no problem. But letting in a foreign dictatorship in Russia in the 60s, no go. That’s where the Monroe doctrine comes in.

Maybe you didn’t notice that . Fascist supporting republicans don‘t. They have always been against free elections.
After ww2 we turned our foes into free sovereign countries where the people could choose. Guess you’re arguing for the return to kings and queens and dictatorships.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back