Out like Flynn - National Security Advisor countdown

Of course, because the bulk of those stories have been fake news or imaginary.
Perhaps, there is a lot of crap coming from both sides. but this one was not.

Until certain conditions arose, there was no reason to believe that it was true.

That will hold with any and all media reports for the foreseeable future. They have destroyed what little credibility may have remained with them after eight years of supporting the Obama administration.

There was reason from "day one". What didn't exist was the GOP wanting anything other than for it to be fake news, or alternate facts.

Flynn was flawed and toxic from the beginning. He was one to watch for sure.
His reported calls to the Russian ambassador should have piqued everyone's interest. From there, it was obvious there was something to it.
The Adams Family Lurched

Preventing a war with Russia is what Flynn accomplished, just as the Logan whom the act is named after prevented a war with France that was being provoked by the royalist Adams Administration.
So really Flynn is a hero? LOL

Which brings up the question. Why did Flynn have to personally assure the Russian ambassador of Trumps intentions? Trumps position didn't need a clandestine deal to back it up. Unless like with 90% of the things Trump has publically said or promised, ended up fact checked as being false. Putin didn't trust Trumps words, and wanted somebody more reliable like General Flynn to tell him that.
I think the more basic question is what was Trump doing sticking his nose into US foreign policy before he was president.

Again-Putin has never stuck his neck out this far, so there was obviously some kind of reward he was promised for doing it.
And now it has been revealed that it wasn't just Flynn. Trump's people as early as last August were in constant communication with Russian operatives known to the intelligence agencies. The question which begs for an answer is what were they discussing? The weather in Moscow, upcoming Olympic games, or the price of tea in China? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And now it has been revealed that it wasn't just Flynn. Trump's people as early as last August were in constant communication with Russian operatives known to the intelligence agencies. The question which begs for an answer is what were they discussing? The weather in Moscow, upcoming Olympic games, or the price of tea in China? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The reports of the British dossier hint that while running the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, that Trump was a naughty boy, and they have film or audio tape of his activities in his hotel. This could very well have been one of the topics of discussion. Along with setting up a quid pro quo for Russia's help in rigging the 2016 presidential election. It wouldn't be the first time the KGB / FSB rigged an election.

Of course, because the bulk of those stories have been fake news or imaginary.

Until certain conditions arose, there was no reason to believe that it was true.

That will hold with any and all media reports for the foreseeable future. They have destroyed what little credibility may have remained with them after eight years of supporting the Obama administration.

There was reason from "day one". What didn't exist was the GOP wanting anything other than for it to be fake news, or alternate facts.

His reported calls to the Russian ambassador should have piqued everyone's interest. From there, it was obvious there was something to it.
The Adams Family Lurched

Preventing a war with Russia is what Flynn accomplished, just as the Logan whom the act is named after prevented a war with France that was being provoked by the royalist Adams Administration.

A bit of a hyperbolic stretch.

Which brings up the question. Why did Flynn have to personally assure the Russian ambassador of Trumps intentions? Trumps position didn't need a clandestine deal to back it up. Unless like with 90% of the things Trump has publically said or promised, ended up fact checked as being false. Putin didn't trust Trumps words, and wanted somebody more reliable like General Flynn to tell him that.
I think the more basic question is what was Trump doing sticking his nose into US foreign policy before he was president.

Again-Putin has never stuck his neck out this far, so there was obviously some kind of reward he was promised for doing it.
They're sure bill and lunch were talking business

So what if they did ask Russia to help them win the election? So what?

Reminds me of when bush SR told the Iranians to keep the hostages until after the Carter Reagan showdown. Then bush got picked to be VP and later Iran contra. They got away with this too

Reminds me of when bush SR told the Iranians to keep the hostages until after the Carter Reagan showdown. Then bush got picked to be VP and later Iran contra. They got away with this too

Except for leaving out the "big bang theory" bazinga, I get your point.

So you don't you thing Russia would expect some favors from Trump for helping him win the election, like dropping sanctions, pulling back from NATO?

So you don't you thing Russia would expect some favors from Trump for helping him win the election, like dropping sanctions, pulling back from NATO?
I'm not saying I like it but so what if trump does some favors for Russia? You think people who voted for Twitler give a rats ass about NATO? At worst maybe the Republican controlled government might censure him.

So just chalk this up to one of many reasons people shouldn't vote for him in 2020 but remember he gave us a million reason not to vote for him and we did anyways

I'm not saying I like it but so what if trump does some favors for Russia? You think people who voted for Twitler give a rats ass about NATO? At worst maybe the Republican controlled government might censure him.

So just chalk this up to one of many reasons people shouldn't vote for him in 2020 but remember he gave us a million reason not to vote for him and we did anyways
If Trump wants to do favors for Russia as president, that is his right as the president. He makes US foreign policy. If as a candidate for office he enters into a quid pro quo agreement with Russia for their help getting elected, it would be a violation of the Logan Act. However for Trump to make such a deal with a foreign power, particularly Russia, it would be considered by congress an impeachable offense.

If Trump wants to do favors for Russia as president, that is his right as the president. He makes US foreign policy. If as a candidate for office he enters into a quid pro quo agreement with Russia for their help getting elected, it would be a violation of the Logan Act. However for Trump to make such a deal with a foreign power, particularly Russia, it would be considered by congress an impeachable offense.
Not this congress

The Adams Family Lurched

Tone-Deaf Jurinalists Set the Tone

As if what is allowed on the media isn't hyperbole. There's nothing at all treasonous about attempts to improve relations with Russia.

The Adams Family Lurched

As if what is allowed on the media isn't hyperbole. There's nothing at all treasonous about attempts to improve relations with Russia.
Which element of this situation was simply "Improving relations"??

The Adams Family Lurched

attempts to improve relations with Russia.

I suppose that's one way to put it.
Surprising that someone would be fired for doing such a thing.

Not this congress
I wouldn't be too sure of that. People are going to get pretty tired of listing Trump claiming, how wonderful his administration is, what a tremendous job he is doing, and how all his problems are the fault of the lying dishonest media.

Apparently he's in full campaign mode now. At some point he's going to have to act like the president and not a pitch man for a carnival.

Last edited:

Not this congress
I wouldn't be too sure of that. People are going to get pretty tired of listing Trump claiming, how wonderful his administration is, what a tremendous job he is doing, and how all his problems are the fault of the lying dishonest media.

Apparently he's in full campaign mode now. At some point he's going to have to act like the president and not a pitch man for a carnival.
I have to believe it's going to be all about wages. If wages go up he will keep his job. Something like 90℅ of republicans approve of the job he's doing.

Obama had to be perfect to avoid scandals. Trumps going to have scandal and problems with every cabinet pick but it's going to come down to who we nominate vs an encumbents president who no doubt will rig thenext election.

The corporate take over of America is complete

The Adams Family Lurched

Trump can't keep up with his lies.

The Adams Family Lurched

Trump can't keep up with his lies.

His surrogates certainly can't. One contradicts the other and none seem to have consulted the so called President.

Not this congress

I have to believe it's going to be all about wages. If wages go up he will keep his job. Something like 90℅ of republicans approve of the job he's doing.

Obama had to be perfect to avoid scandals. Trumps going to have scandal and problems with every cabinet pick but it's going to come down to who we nominate vs an encumbents president who no doubt will rig thenext election.

I believe the chance of an attack on the nation with the problems Trump is having with his intelligence people is pretty high right now. Flynn is fired, his latest pick for National Security Advisory bows out, coupled with a clear loss of confidence in Trump by the intelligence community is a bad sign. This of course is coming at a terrible time as Putin puts a spy ship 30 miles off our coast, moves more military resources to their European border and puts Russian nuclear weapons on high alert.

Having an egomaniac real estate developer who loves a good fight in charge without the full support and advice of the intelligence community is not comforting.

Last edited:

Not this congress

I believe the chance of an attack on the nation with the problems Trump is having with his intelligence people is pretty high right now. Flynn is fired, his latest pick for National Security Advisory bows out, coupled with a clear loss of confidence in Trump by the intelligence community is a bad sign. This of course is coming at a terrible time as Putin puts a spy ship 30 miles off our coast, moves more military resources to their European border and puts Russian nuclear weapons on high alert.

Having an egomaniac real estate developer who loves a good fight in charge without the full support and advice of the intelligence community is not comforting.
Can't wait to see what happens next.

Forum List

Back