🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Out of the Mouths of Babes

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I'm up in Lake Tahoe for the holiday weekend. Last night (July 4th), a our big group of assorted extended family members went to see the fireworks at South Lake Tahoe. It was a fabulous show. During the fun, one of the young kids made a comment that is funny, sad, and ultimately disturbing.

Two small bright white and red fireworks were in the air, which inspired the following exchange:

Little niece: "The government is watching us!"

Little nephew: "Why is the government watching us?"

Little niece: "Duh, they watch everybody."

And at the end of the show:

Little niece: "Bye bye government!"

It makes me wonder what young kids are being taught to accept about our government and what America stands for.

Perhaps a better epithet would have been: bye bye America.

I'm up in Lake Tahoe for the holiday weekend. Last night (July 4th), a our big group of assorted extended family members went to see the fireworks at South Lake Tahoe. It was a fabulous show. During the fun, one of the young kids made a comment that is funny, sad, and ultimately disturbing.

Two small bright white and red fireworks were in the air, which inspired the following exchange:

Little niece: "The government is watching us!"

Little nephew: "Why is the government watching us?"

Little niece: "Duh, they watch everybody."

And at the end of the show:

Little niece: "Bye bye government!"

It makes me wonder what young kids are being taught to accept about our government and what America stands for.

Perhaps a better epithet would have been: bye bye America.

Did two years with the Tahoe Snott shots. The fire works are always awesome. Sad that little kids are commenting on being survailed.

My oldest brother is very liberal -- one of Kentucky's first hippie poets. :lol:

We were talking about the NSA getting phone records a few weeks ago, and he said, "It worries me that I'm not surprised about this."

My oldest brother is very liberal -- one of Kentucky's first hippie poets. :lol:

We were talking about the NSA getting phone records a few weeks ago, and he said, "It worries me that I'm not surprised about this."

That really speaks volumes about Americans in general.

How many people who have been accused of wearing Tin Foil Hats are now being proven right?

That really speaks volumes about Americans in general.

How many people who have been accused of wearing Tin Foil Hats are now being proven right?

Indeed.

So, do you think kids are being made compliant and will just accept the government spying...or will they fight back?

So, do you think kids are being made compliant and will just accept the government spying...or will they fight back?

the majority will be compliant - that is why the left is always aiming at kids and school syste, remeber that one who openly said - they are OUR children?

the minority will fight back.

The statistics are known to the left and therefore the propaganda brainwashing is always successful - be it Nazi Germany, Soviet Union or American progressives.
The only difference in the last case - they do not have the absolute power as the previous two did. YET.

Not that it worked out for the previous two as well, but the progressive left is always stepping on the same pile of shit

Between the dementia caused by overuse of smartphones and the complacency regarding Big Government surveillance, I hope I leave my mortal coil before this generation assumes leadership of the country.

Between the dementia caused by overuse of smartphones and the complacency regarding Big Government surveillance, I hope I leave my mortal coil before this generation assumes leadership of the country.

My job brings me into contact with a lot of high school students. Now granted, I am fortunate to work with a lot more of the gifted students than the "at-risk" students, but I think this generation just may be the one that can fix the problems we are leaving them with.

What's wrong with young people today? From my perspective, absolutely nothing.

the majority will be compliant - that is why the left is always aiming at kids and school syste, remeber that one who openly said - they are OUR children?

The statistics are known to the left and therefore the propaganda brainwashing is always successful - be it Nazi Germany, Soviet Union or American progressives.
The only difference in the last case - they do not have the absolute power as the previous two did. YET.

Not that it worked out for the previous two as well, but the progressive left is always stepping on the same pile of shit

This isn't an issue of the "progressive left". Both Republicans and Democrats in government have been stepping up efforts to spy on and control citizens for decades. Are you going to kick Democrats out of office and say "Well, at least we aren't being spied on now." If you can't recognize that both sides are at fault then you are part of the problem.

By the time the youngest children today are adults, they won't be able to conceive of a world without constant government surveillance. It will make them feel safe, as if someone is always holding their hand.

This isn't an issue of the "progressive left". Both Republicans and Democrats in government have been stepping up efforts to spy on and control citizens for decades. Are you going to kick Democrats out of office and say "Well, at least we aren't being spied on now." If you can't recognize that both sides are at fault then you are part of the problem.

I think that is a HUGE point.

As long as they can keep us bickering over the issue in a partisan way, they won't have to change a thing. Both sides just keep blaming it on "the other guys."

Truth is, members of both parties have championed this and advanced it. This is NOT a partisan issue. Don't let them dupe you into turning it into one!

Yes it is. Since the progressive left has not always been confined to democrats only.
Progressive left is what it is - progressive left. Which party drags this stupid ideology into it's ranks NOW - does not matter - the result is abysmal nevertheless.

Yes it is. Since the progressive left has not always been confined to democrats only.
Progressive left is what it is - progressive left. Which party drags this stupid ideology into it's ranks NOW - does not matter - the result is abysmal nevertheless.

No - it isn't even relegated to "progressive left."

The "conservative right" has championed this and supported it as well.

Hell, the left had kids under 10 holding wire coat hangers in the of the SCotUS not too long ago.

As if they understand what they are doing and why.

yes, it is. it is the core issue of progressive left - government control over everybody

yes, it is. it is the core issue of progressive left - government control over everybody

Yes it is, but unfortunately both political parties support such control. The GOP is basically Big Government Lite. We don't have representation for truly limited government.

Yes it is, but unfortunately both political parties support such control. The GOP is basically Big Government Lite. We don't have representation for truly limited government.

The GOP isn't even Big Government Lite. They are just Big Government. Don't give the GOP more credit than they deserve. The only difference between the two parties is that at least Democrats are more honest as to their intentions.

Forum List

Back