🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Outrage at LAPD over video of cop filmed dragging teen off train cos she 'had her feet on the seat'

see post # 6
another reason??
the are up to 30 million calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
there are about 900 police shooting deaths--most are justifiable self defense
the major protesting for the ASterling, MBrown, and KScott shootings were all for lies--in those cases the police were found justified in a legal, civilized court where they had much, much more evidence than the MSM/etc

you will always have some jerks/accidents/errors/etc because that's what humans do
but there is no reason to hate the police other than racism/etc

You speak of EFFECT. I speak of CAUSE. As you point out, the police have enough REAL problems to deal with without CREATING more with children who now grow up in an increasingly POLICE STATE we call the public school system tired of being told how to walk, chew gum and blink. The liberal experiment has failed and now the officials have lost control of the inmates in the house.

All the cop had to say to the girl was to smile at her and say: "You know, there's a law against that and I'm supposed to tell you not to put your foot there! If you could take it down I'd really appreciate it as it would help keep me from getting in trouble with my boss because they actually want me to throw you off the train for that!" Then smile again and walk away. By disarming the situation by being a friend, he eliminates the polarity. Now the police have a new friend instead of another enemy, the girl thinks: "Hey! He was a pretty nice guy!" And because he showed her some respect, she probably shows him respect as well and complies. And if she didn't? No harm done. Nice try. Worry about something important.

Wrong about no harm done. If she didn't comply and he just walked away her respect for the rules and law would decrease. It's the main reason I also support pot legalization and gambling legalization. (and maybe controlled prostitution legalization),.

When we have laws people know they can ignore it's a direct attack on the rule of law, and people's respect for law.

Sorry, no. Do you think her respect for the law was served by being dragged off traumatized, humiliated, wrist sprained? I guarantee you she is simply MORE obstinate and distrustful now as is a lot of people reading her story. HARM DONE. His walking away was an act of faith, of trust. It is all about psychology. If she wasn't going to take her foot down voluntarily then, her feelings about the law would have simply remained the same. Maybe later as he passed by again, he might have thanked her for putting the foot down, or simply stopped again with a friendly reminder that she shouldn't put her feet up there. Just a gentle nudging in the right direction. A few seconds of friendship sure beats HOURS of time spent at the scene arresting her, paperwork, and time in court. Now he's off the street where he could have been doing some good. He would have shown her FAR MORE by having the power to FORCE her to comply yet was big enough not to. It might have changed her attitude a lot about cops, about men. It's a matter of psychology, of getting what you want with as little resistance as possible. Baby steps. They all begin with the police who are our First Representative of the law to the people. Save the rough stuff for those who really deserve it.
at all the parent - teacher meetings I have I always ask if my kid is being respectful/etc
if not, I will teach her to be
that kid needs some teaching on how to be respectful and obey the laws--do you disagree?????

see post # 6
another reason??
the are up to 30 million calls for police assistance per year--not counting traffic stops
the major protesting for the ASterling, MBrown, and KScott shootings were all for lies--in those cases the police were found justified in a legal, civilized court where they had much, much more evidence than the MSM/etc

you will always have some jerks/accidents/errors/etc because that's what humans do

You speak of EFFECT. I speak of CAUSE. As you point out, the police have enough REAL problems to deal with without CREATING more with children who now grow up in an increasingly POLICE STATE we call the public school system tired of being told how to walk, chew gum and blink. The liberal experiment has failed and now the officials have lost control of the inmates in the house.

All the cop had to say to the girl was to smile at her and say: "You know, there's a law against that and I'm supposed to tell you not to put your foot there! If you could take it down I'd really appreciate it as it would help keep me from getting in trouble with my boss because they actually want me to throw you off the train for that!" Then smile again and walk away. By disarming the situation by being a friend, he eliminates the polarity. Now the police have a new friend instead of another enemy, the girl thinks: "Hey! He was a pretty nice guy!" And because he showed her some respect, she probably shows him respect as well and complies. And if she didn't? No harm done. Nice try. Worry about something important.

Wrong about no harm done. If she didn't comply and he just walked away her respect for the rules and law would decrease. It's the main reason I also support pot legalization and gambling legalization. (and maybe controlled prostitution legalization),.

When we have laws people know they can ignore it's a direct attack on the rule of law, and people's respect for law.

Sorry, no. Do you think her respect for the law was served by being dragged off traumatized, humiliated, wrist sprained? I guarantee you she is simply MORE obstinate and distrustful now as is a lot of people reading her story. HARM DONE. His walking away was an act of faith, of trust. It is all about psychology. If she wasn't going to take her foot down voluntarily then, her feelings about the law would have simply remained the same. Maybe later as he passed by again, he might have thanked her for putting the foot down, or simply stopped again with a friendly reminder that she shouldn't put her feet up there. Just a gentle nudging in the right direction. A few seconds of friendship sure beats HOURS of time spent at the scene arresting her, paperwork, and time in court. Now he's off the street where he could have been doing some good. He would have shown her FAR MORE by having the power to FORCE her to comply yet was big enough not to. It might have changed her attitude a lot about cops, about men. It's a matter of psychology, of getting what you want with as little resistance as possible. Baby steps. They all begin with the police who are our First Representative of the law to the people. Save the rough stuff for those who really deserve it.

She was breaking the rules, she paid for it. Follow the rules or get the rules changed.

If she's smart she will learn the proper life lesson from this. If she's not she probably was a miserable little shit to begin with.

And then of course you have people like you cheering on her disrespect for the rules and their enforcement, which will probably encourage her to be more of an ass.

see post # 6
another reason??

....it is natural that when you are in the wrong and are called out for it, that you attack/feel hate/are angry at the person that tells you that you are wrong
...everybody does it---I do it ......
...nobody wants to really admit that they did something wrong--made a mistake--etc
..parents constantly say ''my boy would never ......''.....he's an angel'''
I've seen this and I know people that work at schools that see this crap
...whenever there is a plane crash/bridge disaster/building disaster --everyone tries to blame someone else

the point:
the girl does something wrong and you blame the police !!!!!!!!
it's her PARENTS responsibility to TEACH her that she was WRONG--not the police
it's not the police's responsibility to teach her right from wrong
but the PARENTS will also blame the police--their kids can do no wrong--their kids are inhuman!!!!

When me and my friend got caught for open containers on a subway by an undercover, he flashed his badge, told us to get off the next stop and dump the booze.

We complied, we apologized, and we were free to go.

If she had taken her feet down she would have been free to go as well.

Stupid rules are stupid

Feet belong on the FLOOR, not on the furniture. I learned thst as a three year old.

Really? You never ever put your feet up on the couch a desk or a coffee table?

And I don't define a plastic molded seat on a train as furniture.

So the fuck what if she had her foot tucked under her if she wasn't taking up 2 seats or bothering anyone else?

The little blue man in his little blue suit just needed to feel important that day.

this is the MSM crap that is ruining the country and got Trump elected!!!
this should be a story on what NOT to do as a kid--not a ''hate the police'' story
....the cop nicely, repeatedly asks her to put her feet down--a bus rule and COMMON courtesy/politeness/etc
she refuses.....she rightfully gets pulled off the bus like the bratty/disrespectful/undisciplined/etc brat that she is

let the kids do whatever they want????!!!!!???? what if she was writing on the windows??!!?? etc??

Stupid rules are stupid

Feet belong on the FLOOR, not on the furniture. I learned thst as a three year old.

Really? You never ever put your feet up on the couch a desk or a coffee table?

And I don't define a plastic molded seat on a train as furniture.

So the fuck what if she had her foot tucked under her if she wasn't taking up 2 seats or bothering anyone else?

The little blue man in his little blue suit just needed to feel important that day.
Lopez says that before the sergeant dragged Nava off the train, he had repeatedly asked her to remove her feet from a train seat. Metro’s code of conduct stipulates that riders are not to put their feet on seats.
LAPD sergeant drags rider from train after she puts her feet on a seat
he asked repeatedly---he was not trying to be a jerk

see my previous post--the cop is not wrong--the girl is

Stupid rules are stupid

I'd prefer not to sit in a seat that could potentially have dog shit on it from someone's shoes.

So a shit stain from an unwashed ass crack is any different?

If you're that much of a germophobe don't take public transportation

I wouldnt think there'd be to many naked people on the train.
Germaphobe...lol.
I kill animals in the woods,skin em and roast em over the fire on a stick.
It really boils down to common courtesy and good manners.

the point:

Don't put words in my mouth, nor are you qualified to psychoanalyze me. The girl did something that was disallowed. I only said that a better cop would have handled it better. Please note: all the attention this story has brought has been over a cop nearly breaking a little girl's arm over a trifling infraction, NOT over the fact that the girl gave the cop a little bit of a hard time.

In an ideal world, but completely irrelevant to what HAPPENED and doesn't change a thing.

No one ever said it was. All I'm saying is that the deteriorated opinion many have of the police these days is entirely self-inflicted. Maybe I'm a little spoiled that cops in my area are still pretty friendly, reasonable, decent people.

but the PARENTS will also blame the police--their kids can do no wrong--their kids are inhuman!!!!

I expect the POLICE will find fault with how the incident was handled themselves, and there will be charges, fines and awards------ ALL of which probably could have been avoided with just a little more common sense, patience and diplomacy. It surprising how jaundiced so many have become these days that even in cases of clear abuse, they jump to defend the police in situations where if a soldier did the same thing in combat to a foreigner in another country, they might be court-martialed. I guess what it will take to make some people understand is for YOUR daughter to be physically man-handled, thrown off a train and injured------- just for sitting there minding her own business. Shades of the Airlines! The real problem here is the imbecile on LA city counsel or wherever who decided to make it a police regulation on how you SIT while riding a train.

the point:

Don't put words in my mouth, nor are you qualified to psychoanalyze me. The girl did something that was disallowed. I only said that a better cop would have handled it better. Please note: all the attention this story has brought has been over a cop nearly breaking a little girl's arm over a trifling infraction, NOT over the fact that the girl gave the cop a little bit of a hard time.

In an ideal world, but completely irrelevant to what HAPPENED and doesn't change a thing.

No one ever said it was. All I'm saying is that the deteriorated opinion many have of the police these days is entirely self-inflicted. Maybe I'm a little spoiled that cops in my area are still pretty friendly, reasonable, decent people.

I expect the POLICE will find fault with how the incident was handled themselves, and there will be charges, fines and awards------ ALL of which probably could have been avoided with just a little more common sense, patience and diplomacy. It surprising how jaundiced so many have become these days that even in cases of clear abuse, they jump to defend the police in situations where if a soldier did the same thing in combat to a foreigner in another country, they might be court-martialed. I guess what it will take to make some people understand is for YOUR daughter to be physically man-handled, thrown off a train and injured------- just for sitting there minding her own business. Shades of the Airlines! The real problem here is the imbecile on LA city counsel or wherever who decided to make it a police regulation on how you SIT while riding a train.
from your post # 9
Bottom line, another reason to hate cops

the point:

you are saying she will hate the police now
that will be the parents' fault--not because of what the cop did...what he did was right--his job

see post # 6
another reason??

She was breaking the rules, she paid for it. Follow the rules or get the rules changed.

If she's smart she will learn the proper life lesson from this. If she's not she probably was a miserable little shit to begin with.

And then of course you have people like you cheering on her disrespect for the rules and their enforcement, which will probably encourage her to be more of an ass.

I don't cheer anyone's disrespect. But it was once a rule for blacks to sit in the back of the bus. It was once a rule that they had to eat and go to the bathroom in separate places. The question isn't whether it was a rule or law, but whether it was a just law. Was it reasonable to make that big a deal out of how she sat? It is one thing to teach respect of the law, quite another to teach FEAR of it. Better follow every law without objection------ OR ELSE! We gonna come BUST yer head open!

That's not the world I want my kids to grow up in. When federal laws were first codified in 1927, they fit into a single volume. By the 1980s, there were 50 volumes of more than 23,000 pages. How many are there today? And that does not even count state and local laws. The problem wasn't a little girl who just could not see why a cop was so adamant about how she chose to sit to be comfortable, it is the blind willingness of many to accept just about ANY imposition on their freedoms to CONFORM, the intrusion of government into almost every aspect of your life. The funny thing is that many of the people saying the girl deserved it for not simply blindly jumping unquestionably to the officer's demands are the exact same people who decry Trump for passing laws and regulations, then encouraging others to ignore and disobey them.

see post # 6
another reason??

I don't cheer anyone's disrespect. But it was once a rule for blacks to sit in the back of the bus. It was once a rule that they had to eat and go to the bathroom in separate places. The question isn't whether it was a rule or law, but whether it was a just law. Was it reasonable to make that big a deal out of how she sat? It is one thing to teach respect of the law, quite another to teach FEAR of it. Better follow every law without objection------ OR ELSE! We gonna come BUST yer head open!

That's not the world I want my kids to grow up in. When federal laws were first codified in 1927, they fit into a single volume. By the 1980s, there were 50 volumes of more than 23,000 pages. How many are there today? And that does not even count state and local laws. The problem wasn't a little girl who just could not see why a cop was so adamant about how she chose to sit to be comfortable, it is the blind willingness of many to accept just about ANY imposition on their freedoms to CONFORM, the intrusion of government into almost every aspect of your life.

Segregated busses and everyone being told to keep your damn feet of the seats in a subway are not even in the same ballpark. One was unevenly applied, this ia a rule that applies to everyone.

This is a local rule for riding on a subway. If a person can't even follow that rule, even when given a chance to do it without consequence, they need a freaking lesson.

see post # 6
another reason??

That's not the world I want my kids to grow up in. When federal laws were first codified in 1927, they fit into a single volume. By the 1980s, there were 50 volumes of more than 23,000 pages. How many are there today? And that does not even count state and local laws. The problem wasn't a little girl who just could not see why a cop was so adamant about how she chose to sit to be comfortable, it is the blind willingness of many to accept just about ANY imposition on their freedoms to CONFORM, the intrusion of government into almost every aspect of your life. The funny thing is that many of the people saying the girl deserved it for not simply blindly jumping unquestionably to the officer's demands are the exact same people who decry Trump for passing laws and regulations, then encouraging others to ignore and disobey them.
yes, segregation has nothing to do with this
a just law?? --so now the cops have to worry if the laws are just?? !!?? what??
this is very simple....you are making it out to be complicated
the rules are--no feet on seats
the cop repeatedly asked her to get them off--he was telling her nicely--he wasn't being a jerk/tough guy!!
the cop was right to tell her to get her feet off
she refused

again---when the cops tell you to drop the weapon/get your feet off the seat--I guess you want the cops to just go back to their cars/station and let everyone do what they want--because that's what you are saying

rules are --no feet on seats---...what should the cop have done??

and the LA Metro CEO that hates the cop is black!!!!!!
why have the no feet on the seats rule then???!!
what a dumbass

the cop repeatedly asked her to get them off--he was telling her nicely--he wasn't being a jerk/tough guy!!
she refused

again---when the cops tell you to drop the weapon/get your feet off the seat--I guess you want the cops to just go back to their cars/station and let everyone do what they want--because that's what you are saying

It's funny to watch someone protest as much as you do over the rights of a little girl to be treated humanely in a situation over a "law" so stupid and minor, it borders on telling you what hand to hold your fork with. I bet they don't even do that for kids in school buses! If that was your wife or daughter calling you from the hospital saying to come pick her up because a cop broke her wrist for sitting wrong, you would be all over that telephone in 5 minutes looking to sue the cop! I didn't see ONE PERSON in that video defending the cop's actions or chastising the girl! They BEGGED the cop to be reasonable but he would not stop. I'll say it again. IT'S A STUPID LAW. The fault here is with the LA imbecile who wrote it.

she refused

It's funny to watch someone protest as much as you do over the rights of a little girl to be treated humanely in a situation over a "law" so stupid and minor, it borders on telling you what hand to hold your fork with. I bet they don't even do that for kids in school buses! If that was your wife or daughter calling you from the hospital saying to come pick her up because a cop broke her wrist for sitting wrong, you would be all over that telephone in 5 minutes looking to sue the cop! I didn't see ONE PERSON in that video defending the cop's actions or chastising the girl! They BEGGED the cop to be reasonable but he would not stop. I'll say it again. IT'S A STUPID LAW. The fault here is with the LA imbecile who wrote it.
you see--you are wrong--and/or don't read-understand my post
I stated in a previous post on how I expect my kids to be respectful

I used to coach kids
some parents would hold accountable kids that were disrespectful/etc...they immediately took care of the bratty/disrespectful/etc kid.....
others would get upset when you told them their kid was disrespectful

you are WRONG --I would punish my kid for being disrespectful to the cop and society

again--it is the kid's fault if something happened to her--not the cops
I've said it many times on USMB:
when you have to use FORCE on something [ someone ] , because that something [ someone ] is resisting--something will usually break!! it's just a physical law

just like Eric Garner---you can't use a magic spell--you have to use FORCE

[QUOTE'There is no law that tells me that I cannot sit that way because I paid to be in there' but the officer replied: 'It's the rules of the train.'[/QUOTE]

she doesn't know the rules
now it's a ''stupid'' rule......so the cop is supposed to try to figure out what rules should be enforced??!!??
come on ......

Forum List

Back