Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

The Police will learn to respect the Civil and Human Rights of children and civilians in general when it costs them something when they start getting slammed into prisons like the rest of lawbreakers

If you start jailing people for bad judgement, most of the population will be in prison. Geesh, it's like this forum is made up of only extremes...black and white...no grays, no color.
Yes, everyone who disobeys the lawful commands of a police officer needs to be in jail. And if the jails are overcrowded build more and fill them until society consists of nothing but law abiding citizens.

Yes. A bipartisan agreement here that solutions can come from.

STOP calling cops for shit that does NOT need strong men with weapons to resolve. That's 50% of the problem.

we have bi-partisan agreement that a police officer was not necessary in this instance and should have not been called upon to resolve a non-violent behavioral problem in a school.

it seems to me, however, that part of the skill of a good police officer is in knowing how to avoid using violence, too.

wouldn't you agree?

Good cops would agree...dumb-assed thugs who become cops because they are too scared and stupid to do anything else, not so much.
Do you honestly think Trayvon or Big Mike were going to become cops?

Based on the behavior of way too many cops these days, why not? It seems like the job is being dumbed-down to the least common denominator...and not just by Affirmative Action. It seems like the pols like cops that are mindless drones.

This is one incident. Most police officers do a wonderful job, Dan.

This one did too.

I do know one thing I would have dumped the young lady out of her chair. It would have been easier had the desk had wheels, he could have just wheeled her out. Now that would have been funny. I have no remorse for the smart ass kid though. Another she made the bed and the consequences were all hers.

His big ass couldve pushed the entire desk out the class. Flipping it over then throwing her had nothing to do with "good judgement"

Oh for fucks sake. Someone is suggesting "thumb locks" and "ear locks" now?

American police....I'm sorry....you may as well raise the white flag and give up. Our society is too stupid to reason with.

Works for 90lb little old ladies....but I guess a big tough cop like you needs to get off on a little violence, eh pal? Might as well get your rocks off on the job, eh? When you ain't got brains, I can see why you feel outgunned by the public. Pussy.

It's very easy for you to judge this police officer when you were not there on the scene. I doubt you would have done as well as he did, Dan.

he didn't do well. that's the problem.

To be clear, no he didn't handle it very well. But that is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that the police department should have been involved from the beginning. There should have been back up. The girl should be charged with resisting arrest and put in front of a judge. She should not be permitted to return to the school. Her parents should be forced to pick up the tab for a tutor or private school and perhaps they will learn how to teach their children to respect authority when it costs them something.

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

She needs to be expelled from the school and he needs to be expelled from the police force.
Why the policeman?........he was just arresting an out of control teenager. ....... :cool:

If you are not smart enough to deal with a teenybopper without resorting to excessive violence, then you are not smart enough to be a police officer.
So how do you suggest a disruptive student who refuses to leave a classroom be removed from the classroom?

How do you deal with your unruly son or daughter who refuses to go to their room? I was one of them stubborn kids who had a problem with authority...yet my mom and my teachers had no problem getting me out of my seat and to the principals office using either verbal reason or threats, or simply grabbing me by the ear.

That's how it was in our day, but times have changed. I've never disobeyed a teacher's command to leave the classroom....

I did. When I was the tenth grade. I just held my ground and stayed in my seat. I don't even remember what her problem was, she must have thought I was being disruptive because there was a friend who had come to the door and asked for me and it was during class time. So she shouted and then when I didn't get up and leave she just picked up with the class. No one called the cops.

That's fucking over-reach, calling the cops in for a teenage girl who wouldn't put her cell phone away, and in previous generations would be referred to as a POLICE STATE.

Listen and watch the interview of Tony Robinson, or else STFU.

Works for 90lb little old ladies....but I guess a big tough cop like you needs to get off on a little violence, eh pal? Might as well get your rocks off on the job, eh? When you ain't got brains, I can see why you feel outgunned by the public. Pussy.

It's very easy for you to judge this police officer when you were not there on the scene. I doubt you would have done as well as he did, Dan.

To be clear, no he didn't handle it very well. But that is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that the police department should have been involved from the beginning. There should have been back up. The girl should be charged with resisting arrest and put in front of a judge. She should not be permitted to return to the school. Her parents should be forced to pick up the tab for a tutor or private school and perhaps they will learn how to teach their children to respect authority when it costs them something.

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

She needs to be expelled from the school and he needs to be expelled from the police force.
Why the policeman?........he was just arresting an out of control teenager. ....... :cool:

If you are not smart enough to deal with a teenybopper without resorting to excessive violence, then you are not smart enough to be a police officer.
So how do you suggest a disruptive student who refuses to leave a classroom be removed from the classroom?

How do you deal with your unruly son or daughter who refuses to go to their room? I was one of them stubborn kids who had a problem with authority...yet my mom and my teachers had no problem getting me out of my seat and to the principals office using either verbal reason or threats, or simply grabbing me by the ear.

That's how it was in our day, but times have changed. I've never disobeyed a teacher's command to leave the classroom and report to the principal's office nor have I ever witnessed anyone else doing that. Then again, in our day kids didn't bring guns to school and mow down other students. Kids are dangerous today in a way they never have been before and now we have cops on campus because they are unruly beyond what teachers can handle.

I must have went to a much more dangerous school than you did then...we had cops on campus then too. But even then, the cops who patrolled our schools never had to beat me down...and lord knows I gave them a lot of lip and even more stubborn, idealistic backtalk. The kids are worse, yes...but so are the teachers and the police. It's a greek freakin tragedy of fail and fear.

Hmm, thinking about it, the two people I feared most were my dad and my wrestling coach. Today, the coaches and teachers have pretty much been defanged due to liability concerns...and lord knows a lot of these kids don't even have dads around, let alone a bad-ass dad like mine. There's some root causes for ya. ;)

Edit: we brought guns to school too...either to work on them in shop class or because we were on the shooting team. Times sure do change, eh?

Last edited:
Where do police get thed power to treat a citizen in that manner? Where does that power come from? We can see that she is not armed. She does not pose a physical threat to her classmates, the officer or herself.

Should we simply permit that level of brutality? Why should we permit our officers to act this way? Would you accept that level of brutality in a situation involving your child? Yourself?

And, more broadly, why are Conservatives more willing to accept this level of brutality from agents of government? Isn't the Conservatives fear based upon over reaching and intrusive government? Well, this is what over reaching and intrusive government looks like! And Conservatives seem to like what they see.

And we all know that it's not how the state treats the individual, it's the way the state treats money that matters to the Right Wing.

Federal help was sought by Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, who placed Senior Deputy Ben Fields on leave after the confrontation at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina.

"It's very disturbing what happened today. It's something I have to deal with and that's what we're going to be doing," Lott said
by telephone Monday.

I do know one thing I would have dumped the young lady out of her chair. It would have been easier had the desk had wheels, he could have just wheeled her out. Now that would have been funny. I have no remorse for the smart ass kid though. Another she made the bed and the consequences were all hers.

His big ass couldve pushed the entire desk out the class. Flipping it over then throwing her had nothing to do with "good judgement"
still was what I would have done.

We have created a culture of despising and ignoring authority figures in our youth. The If It Feels Good Do It generation is in deep doodoo and much more of this stuff is going to happen.

Just look at the flash mobs in shopping malls.

My god, what a pile. Yeah, the shopping malls are just OVERRUN with mobs now.

That's how it was in our day, but times have changed. I've never disobeyed a teacher's command to leave the classroom....

I did. When I was the tenth grade. I just held my ground and stayed in my seat. I don't even remember what her problem was, she must have thought I was being disruptive because there was a friend who had come to the door and asked for me and it was during class time. So she shouted and then when I didn't get up and leave she just picked up with the class. No one called the cops.

That's fucking over-reach and in previous generations would be referred to as a POLICE STATE.
That would explain your inability to write properly. Why should others have their educations compromised bcause you're an asshole?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.

Where do police get thed power to treat a citizen in that manner? Where does that power come from? We can see that she is not armed. She does not pose a physical threat to her classmates, the officer or herself.

Should we simply permit that level of brutality? Why should we permit our officers to act this way? Would you accept that level of brutality in a situation involving your child? Yourself?

And, more broadly, why are Conservatives more willing to accept this level of brutality from agents of government? Isn't the Conservatives fear based upon over reaching and intrusive government? Well, this is what over reaching and intrusive government looks like! And Conservatives seem to like what they see.

And we all know that it's not how the state treats the individual, it's the way the state treats money that matters to the Right Wing.

If it had been one of these no-minds dragged across the floor they would all have filed criminal charges by now. I hope the family of this girl has done this very thing.

Answer that.
technically the teacher should have asked all the other students to leave then until the young lady was removed.

We have created a culture of despising and ignoring authority figures in our youth. The If It Feels Good Do It generation is in deep doodoo and much more of this stuff is going to happen.

Just look at the flash mobs in shopping malls.

My god, what a pile. Yeah, the shopping malls are just OVERRUN with mobs now.
LOL these morons feed on fear ....

Forum List

Back