🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

Federal help was sought by Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, who placed Senior Deputy Ben Fields on leave after the confrontation at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina.

"It's very disturbing what happened today. It's something I have to deal with and that's what we're going to be doing," Lott said
by telephone Monday.
that's all he can do.

he didn't do well. that's the problem.

To be clear, no he didn't handle it very well. But that is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that the police department should have been involved from the beginning. There should have been back up. The girl should be charged with resisting arrest and put in front of a judge. She should not be permitted to return to the school. Her parents should be forced to pick up the tab for a tutor or private school and perhaps they will learn how to teach their children to respect authority when it costs them something.

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.

And when they don't call in the cops to toss them in their chair and drag them across the floor.

I must have went to a much more dangerous school than you did then...we had cops on campus then too. But even then, the cops who patrolled our schools never had to beat me down...and lord knows I gave them a lot of lip and even more stubborn, idealistic backtalk. The kids are worse, yes...but so are the teachers and the police. It's a greek freakin tragedy of fail and fear.

Hmm, thinking about it, the two people I feared most were my dad and my wrestling coach. Today, the coaches and teachers have pretty much been defanged due to liability concerns...and lord knows a lot of these mutts don't even have dads, let alone a bad-ass dad like mine. There's some root causes for ya. ;)
I've little doubt what you say is true. It is more than apparent.

We have created a culture of despising and ignoring authority figures in our youth. The If It Feels Good Do It generation is in deep doodoo and much more of this stuff is going to happen.

Just look at the flash mobs in shopping malls.

My god, what a pile. Yeah, the shopping malls are just OVERRUN with mobs now.
LOL these morons feed on fear ....

They have IV lines full of fear permanently implanted into their carotid arteries.

To be clear, no he didn't handle it very well. But that is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that the police department should have been involved from the beginning. There should have been back up. The girl should be charged with resisting arrest and put in front of a judge. She should not be permitted to return to the school. Her parents should be forced to pick up the tab for a tutor or private school and perhaps they will learn how to teach their children to respect authority when it costs them something.

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.
one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.

one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.
Tell that to Kim Davis no one bounced her sorry ass off the floor for defying Constitutional authority ...tell it to Cliven Bundy deadbeat still sucking off the tax payer grazing fees...

technically the teacher should have asked all the other students to leave then until the young lady was removed.
She is doubtless young, but doubtlessly no 'lady'. The skank should have left the classroom and allowed the rest to continue with their education.

They have IV lines full of fear permanently implanted into their carotid arteries.
They cling to God and Guns for comfort LOL
no, we believe authority is authority. and those who don't obey authority pay with consequences. Whatever that is.
You believe crap........
For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free

Tell that to Kim Davis no one bounced her sorry ass off the floor for defying Constitutional authority ...tell it to Cliven Bundy deadbeat still sucking off the tax payer grazing fees...
she went to jail and old Clive was also arrested. your point, how is it they violated authority?

technically the teacher should have asked all the other students to leave then until the young lady was removed.
She is doubtless young, but doubtlessly no 'lady'. The skank should have left the classroom and allowed the rest to continue with their education.
never her intention to leave that classroom. The other kids were most likely laughing at the teacher losing control of the situation. That's the piece of the incident overlooked.

Their heads all took a spin when the cop came in and kicked her ass though. Now that was funny.

They cling to God and Guns for comfort LOL
no, we believe authority is authority. and those who don't obey authority pay with consequences. Whatever that is.
You believe crap........
For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free
I believe all humans crap yes!!!

Yes, everyone who disobeys the lawful commands of a police officer needs to be in jail. And if the jails are overcrowded build more and fill them until society consists of nothing but law abiding citizens.

can you say "I want Cliven Bundy in Jail"

Did he resist arrest?
what are you nuts ...

The jury is still out on that. Now answer the question.

She needs to be expelled from the school and he needs to be expelled from the police force.
Why the policeman?........he was just arresting an out of control teenager. ....... :cool:

If you are not smart enough to deal with a teenybopper without resorting to excessive violence, then you are not smart enough to be a police officer.
So how do you suggest a disruptive student who refuses to leave a classroom be removed from the classroom?
Anyone know, besides just sitting there, how she was disruptive?

Answer that.

Yeah, there are consequences fer shure. I think the meat of the debate here is what consequences fit the "crime". Example: If I told my kid to keep his hands off a hot stove and he told me to go f myself...smashing his face into the hot burner till he looked like a crispy critter might be a little overkill, dontchathink?

I had to start smacking some kid around, my own or someone else's, I would not be proud of it because it would be proof that I couldn't outsmart the kid so I had to out club him/her. I'm not talking about a little rap upside the head, smack on the ass or use of selected pressure points...I am talking about loosing my temper and wrassling around with the kid like some MMA wannabe...like the cop in this video. He failed...no sense in sugar-coating it or trying to justify it...and pointing that out is in no way justifying the actions of the child either.

Answer that.

That would work out fine. Most of them wouldn't take them out of their lockers until lunch break.

benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif

Forum List

Back