🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.
one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.

Yeah, there are consequences fer shure. I think the meat of the debate here is what consequences fit the "crime". Example: If I told my kid to keep his hands off a hot stove and he told me to go f myself...smashing his face into the hot burner till he looked like a crispy critter might be a little overkill, dontchathink?

I had to start smacking some kid around, my own or someone else's, I would not be proud of it because it would be proof that I couldn't outsmart the kid so I had to out club him/her. I'm not talking about a little rap upside the head, smack on the ass or use of selected pressure points...I am talking about loosing my temper and wrassling around with the kid like some MMA wannabe...like the cop in this video. He failed...no sense in sugar-coating it or trying to justify it...and pointing that out is in no way justifying the actions of the child either.

Getting forced onto the ground and cuffed and then facing additional charges is a punishment that fits the crime of resisting arrest and lawful orders.

She needs to be expelled from the school and he needs to be expelled from the police force.
Why the policeman?........he was just arresting an out of control teenager. ....... :cool:
Where do police get thed power to treat a citizen in that manner? Where does that power come from? We can see that she is not armed. She does not pose a physical threat to her classmates, the officer or herself.

Should we simply permit that level of brutality? Why should we permit our officers to act this way? Would you accept that level of brutality in a situation involving your child? Yourself?

And, more broadly, why are Conservatives more willing to accept this level of brutality from agents of government? Isn't the Conservatives fear based upon over reaching and intrusive government? Well, this is what over reaching and intrusive government looks like! And Conservatives seem to like what they see.

And we all know that it's not how the state treats the individual, it's the way the state treats money that matters to the Right Wing.

If it had been one of these no-minds dragged across the floor they would all have filed criminal charges by now. I hope the family of this girl has done this very thing.

Filing charges isn't the answer. The cops work for you...you elect the governing bodies that hold their purse strings and set policy. If you can't get control of your own local government and its agencies, that isn't a problem for the courts, it's your problem.

OMG, kids misbehabin...lawdy, lawdy, what is the world coming to? How have teachers and parents managed to cope with such criminal behavior all these years without turning schools into prisons and sicking the bulls on those with the temerity to not respect their authoriah!
As with all things, it is a matter of degree. You cannot expect to uphold any kind of authority with an unruly kid in a classroom without enforcing it.

Imagine yourself in a classroom when you tell the kid to put away a mobile phone. If your suggestion is ignored and the kid continues to do whatever he wants, what do you do then?

Answer that.

When I went to school, they cleverly precluded such a showdown by not giving cell phones to kids. I wouldn't want my kids to have those things either except I was overruled by my wife. Welcome to marriage!

I am all for requiring kids and adults to check their cell phones and devices at the class/meeting room door.
one still needs to obey the authority or there are consequences. Libs just can't grasp that whole consequence thingy.

Yeah, there are consequences fer shure. I think the meat of the debate here is what consequences fit the "crime". Example: If I told my kid to keep his hands off a hot stove and he told me to go f myself...smashing his face into the hot burner till he looked like a crispy critter might be a little overkill, dontchathink?

I had to start smacking some kid around, my own or someone else's, I would not be proud of it because it would be proof that I couldn't outsmart the kid so I had to out club him/her. I'm not talking about a little rap upside the head, smack on the ass or use of selected pressure points...I am talking about loosing my temper and wrassling around with the kid like some MMA wannabe...like the cop in this video. He failed...no sense in sugar-coating it or trying to justify it...and pointing that out is in no way justifying the actions of the child either.
yeah, I agree.

In this case however, there is no easy extraction from a school desk. There just isn't. He did what he thought he could to get that young whatever out of her desk and he achieved that.

To be clear, no he didn't handle it very well. But that is only part of the problem. The bigger problem is that the police department should have been involved from the beginning. There should have been back up. The girl should be charged with resisting arrest and put in front of a judge. She should not be permitted to return to the school. Her parents should be forced to pick up the tab for a tutor or private school and perhaps they will learn how to teach their children to respect authority when it costs them something.

Answer that.

He was suspended because as the story states: The amount of force used on a female student by a male officer appears to me to be excessive and unnecessary.

Violence isnt the consequence for non violence

She needs to be expelled from the school and he needs to be expelled from the police force.
Why the policeman?........he was just arresting an out of control teenager. ....... :cool:

If you are not smart enough to deal with a teenybopper without resorting to excessive violence, then you are not smart enough to be a police officer.
So how do you suggest a disruptive student who refuses to leave a classroom be removed from the classroom?
Anyone know, besides just sitting there, how she was disruptive?

Immaterial at this point. She was asked to leave the classroom and refused. Then she refused to listen to a principal, then she refused to listen to the resource officer. I'm sure you want to know, Leftist twit that you are, so you can claim she was violently thrown down and arrested for chewing gum.

You people are assholes.

Answer that.

Getting forced onto the ground and cuffed and then facing additional charges is a punishment that fits the crime of resisting arrest and lawful orders.

Incorrect. Someday you may to have to eat those words...and when you do and start bitching about it, I'm just gonna laugh and refer you back to this post.

Incorrect. Someday you may to have to eat those words...and when you do and start bitching about it, I'm just gonna laugh and refer you back to this post.

That day will never occur. I've never disobeyed the lawful commands of a police officer. I've never even been arrested. I'm a law abiding citizen.

benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif
Wow you just showed how she assaulted the officer! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They have IV lines full of fear permanently implanted into their carotid arteries.
They cling to God and Guns for comfort LOL

I believe in God and prefer to be as well-armed as the governments I pay for...you got a problem with that, toots?
Better you than me stooge dog

Yet you pay for God-fearing, hard men with guns to protect you and your community. Sweet irony. :lol:

You have obviously not considered your whining if you are proven wrong. There is little doubt that a man who served for a while in his position was acting without cause.

That day will never occur. I've never disobeyed the lawful commands of a police officer. I've never even been arrested. I'm a law abiding citizen.

And the government NEVAR screws with law-abiding citizens, right? :lol:

We've come to the point where any action a cop chooses is appropriate. Simply disobeying is now grounds for the cop to escalate the situation to physical violence.

You have obviously not considered your whining if you are proven wrong. There is little doubt that a man who served for a while in his position was acting without cause.

I have been proven right so many times in my life that it would take a whole shitpot full of wrong for you just to get even with me, cupcake.

Forum List

Back