Outrage grows after South Carolina officer throws student in classroom

Considering all the charges against him, this dirtbag needs to be in jail...

"(CNN) The South Carolina deputy who slammed a disruptive student on the floor and tossed her several feet has been fired.

Other students in the classroom at Spring Valley High School caught the incident on video.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott suspended Deputy Ben Fields without pay, and then fired him Wednesday."
Spring Valley High Officer Ben Fields fired - CNN.com

There are no charges filed against him.

He lost his job.

He was well-liked by students black and white.

Your post seems a bit of an overreaction.

It looks like a good cop had a really bad day and made a move (the trowing) which cost him his job.

The officer used more force than was required for the situation.

This is almost as bad as the officer that hancuffed a young boy's arms behind his back in a chickenwing fashion because the childs wrists were too small for the cuffs.

He should be fired.
how much force should have been used. how would you have done it?
Drag the desk into the hallway.

Still counts as laying hands on someone.

The new solution is for school cops to do nothing and let the teachers figure it out. It's the only solution that will guarantee their jobs.

And next week when school resources officers don't do anything besides shrug their shoulders and tell teachers to deal it when it comes to disruptive students the talking head classes won't understand how things got to this point.
He shouldn't have been dealing with it in the first place. Not his fucking job...

Force of this nature is only appropriate if the person constitutes a danger to himself, or others. This child did not. In addition, a cop should never act out of anger, which is what this cop did. The cop could have permanently injured the girl, who was passively resisting. (In fact, the cop almost injured the kid sitting behind her). While she is obviously a problem child who should be removed from the school, there are many other ways to do that other than by tossing her around the room like a rag doll.
but she did create a danger to herself and others.

No one was in danger until the cop showed up. She was sitting in her desk.

Wow you just showed how she assaulted the officer! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Try to imagine what kind of sorry ass mental cripple one has to be to watch the gif below and start proclaiming the child assaulted the 250 lb steroid juiced Gorilla
benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif
I love it. Send that guy in on another student in that situation knowing this, and I'd bet a box of donuts that the student follows his directions. Just saying. Again, I love it.
Probably not. My bet is that sooner or later he would have gotten a bullet to the head.
By you? You don't have the guts to shoot a cop.
kiss-boots-173.gif
You dont need guts. All you need is a glock.

Well you go on witcha bad self dreaming of cappin' cops.
others-249.GIF

This is almost as bad as the officer that hancuffed a young boy's arms behind his back in a chickenwing fashion because the childs wrists were too small for the cuffs.

He should be fired.

The new solution is for school cops to do nothing and let the teachers figure it out. It's the only solution that will guarantee their jobs.
No stupid. A desk is not someone. Its a something.

Shaun King Retweeted
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 6h6 hours ago

There is no excuse for violence inside a school. The #AssaultAtSpringValleyHigh is unacceptable—schools should be safe places. -H
Now that I agree with. The student should never be allowed back in.
too bad what you say does not count in what is going to happen to the victim of an assault under color of law
I don't really care one way or another. To date, no one has stated how they would have resolved getting her out of her desk. The physical nature of the desk made it difficult to extract the young person. So please let's hear how you'd have done it.

Considering all the charges against him, this dirtbag needs to be in jail...

"(CNN) The South Carolina deputy who slammed a disruptive student on the floor and tossed her several feet has been fired.

Other students in the classroom at Spring Valley High School caught the incident on video.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott suspended Deputy Ben Fields without pay, and then fired him Wednesday."
Spring Valley High Officer Ben Fields fired - CNN.com

There are no charges filed against him.

He lost his job.

He was well-liked by students black and white.

Your post seems a bit of an overreaction.

It looks like a good cop had a really bad day and made a move (the trowing) which cost him his job.
The charges are in the pending lawsuits against him, and the potential Federal Civil Rights violations currently under investigation.

Wow you just showed how she assaulted the officer! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Try to imagine what kind of sorry ass mental cripple one has to be to watch the gif below and start proclaiming the child assaulted the 250 lb steroid juiced Gorilla
I love it. Send that guy in on another student in that situation knowing this, and I'd bet a box of donuts that the student follows his directions. Just saying. Again, I love it.
Probably not. My bet is that sooner or later he would have gotten a bullet to the head.
kiss-boots-173.gif
no gun in that video. So you're talking smack.

Shaun King Retweeted
Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton 6h6 hours ago

There is no excuse for violence inside a school. The #AssaultAtSpringValleyHigh is unacceptable—schools should be safe places. -H
Now that I agree with. The student should never be allowed back in.
too bad what you say does not count in what is going to happen to the victim of an assault under color of law
I don't really care one way or another. To date, no one has stated how they would have resolved getting her out of her desk. The physical nature of the desk made it difficult to extract the young person. So please let's hear how you'd have done it.
Move the desk into the hallway outside of class.

He should be fired.

Or better yet, no school cops. What cop wants to go through that shit?

Weeeeeee!

I said that earlier and no you're trying to be clever and use it against me.

Yaaaaaa! Fun Corky!

So that means you still can't name the policy he violated? You seem so sure he violated something, but don't know what it is?

You're the one who didn't see the presser. Either find it and watch or wait for someone to tell you what to argue about.
I already said I saw it and no mention was made of a specific violation. If you "saw" something the rest of the world didn't, then you should have no problem telling us all what it was.

You are simply full of shit.

The sheriff stated that the entire focus of their investigation was based on policy. He released their findings and justification for dismissal.

WHAT policy specifically?

Watch the presser.

He should be fired.

No stupid. A desk is not someone. Its a something.

And the student is where? Physically making the student move by moving her desk is the same as moving the student.

Call your local state attorney's office and ask.

kiss-boots-173.gif
no gun in that video. So you're talking smack.
Who said there was a gun in the video?. He was talking about me. I'm not in that video either.

Weeeeeee!

I said that earlier and no you're trying to be clever and use it against me.

Yaaaaaa! Fun Corky!

So that means you still can't name the policy he violated? You seem so sure he violated something, but don't know what it is?

You're the one who didn't see the presser. Either find it and watch or wait for someone to tell you what to argue about.
I already said I saw it and no mention was made of a specific violation. If you "saw" something the rest of the world didn't, then you should have no problem telling us all what it was.

You are simply full of shit.

The sheriff stated that the entire focus of their investigation was based on policy. He released their findings and justification for dismissal.

What is it then?
others-089.gif

Watch the presser and find out.

He should be fired.

Or better yet, no school cops. What cop wants to go through that shit?

Our public schools are already war zones because of lawyers and lawsuits and The Feels. I say let the judges have to roam the halls and figure it out.

Forum List

Back