Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

You'd rather they not attend state dinners or you'd rather they attend in rags?

I was under the impression that the first family bought their own clothing

I thought all this clothing was just loaned out for the free advertising? Hollywood does it all the time.

Besides, In a multi trillion dollar budget, 17 grand aint nothing.

The story doesn't say that the tax payer paid for the Obama Girls dresses (if they did use tax payer money that would be theft) , the headline is saying (in a very misleading way) that the STATE DINNER was paid for by the tax payers (which it was) so the fact that his daughters attended a State Dinner is NO BIG DEAL, it's quite common for the Children of World "Leaders" to attend State Dinners like this.

Of course if I had my way all State Dinners in the United States would take place at McDonalds and the pricks would be forced to eat happy meals but that's a whole 'nother subject.

The OP's link is a bullshit story which is simply a repost of a Yahoo story with a very misleading headline slapped on to it.

My parents made me set the table and wash the dishes. . . .

$20k?

A bit much?

$400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

I know it's tough, but they'll manage.

I remember the massive uproar over Sarah Palin' $150k wardrobe that was on loan. She was a VP candidate for fuck sakes. Don't you people have any God Damned perspective?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/us/politics/23palin.html?referer=&_r=0

The story doesn't say that the tax payer paid for the Obama Girls dresses (if they did use tax payer money that would be theft) , the headline is saying (in a very misleading way) that the STATE DINNER was paid for by the tax payers (which it was) so the fact that his daughters attended a State Dinner is NO BIG DEAL, it's quite common for the Children of World "Leaders" to attend State Dinners like this.

Of course if I had my way all State Dinners in the United States would take place at McDonalds and the pricks would be forced to eat happy meals but that's a whole 'nother subject.

The OP's link is a bullshit story which is simply a repost of a Yahoo story with a very misleading headline slapped on to it.
Not one of Steve's better parody efforts, but generally his comedy gold.

These type girls aren't royalty despite thinking they are. We are being fleeced in the pocketbooks to support their delusions of grandeur.

Sasha and Malia Wore $20,000 Dresses to State Dinner Paid for by US Taxpayers - The Gateway Pundit

And how much did they pay for them? Apparently, not much:

“Mrs. Obama pays for her clothing. For official events of public or historic significance, such as a state visit, the first lady’s clothes may be given as a gift by a designer and accepted on behalf of the U.S. government. They are then stored by the National Archives.”

Sasha and Malia Obama Wore $20K Dresses to the Canada State Dinner

So what is your evidence that the tax payer paid anything for these dresses? Let alone $20,000 a pop?

The source article doesn't say this. And in fact indicates that such dresses may be given as a gift by the designer and accepted on behalf of the US government.

Which you know because you read the source article.

Right?

They should be made to eat Gruel and wear burlap bags...
A nonissue
Lol

I am willing to bet the dress were donated for the evening by designers hoping to draw attention to their Fashion House.

The headline is not misleading. US taxpayers paid for those dresses.

$20k?

A bit much?

$400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

I know it's tough, but they'll manage.
It's their money.

It's a bit over-the top, but i don't feel comfortable criticizing the man's children. Let's not go the Left Wing/Democrat Hatemonger route. Let's be better than that.

Yup. Here's the source article from Yahoo:

Sasha and Malia Obama Wore $20K Dresses to the Canada State Dinner

Not a word about the 'tax payer' paying for any dress. But instead dresses being donated by designers and accepted on behalf of the US government.

But conservatives like Stephen don't care if the WordPress blog they are citing is actually accurate. Its irrelevant to them either way. What's important.....is repeating the accusation.

Forum List

Back