Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

Oh, and can we all agree that the OP's claims about the tax payers buying those dresses was a steaming pile of horseshit?

As there's not even a conservative in this thread willing to polish that turd.

$20k?

A bit much?

$400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

I know it's tough, but they'll manage.
It's their money.
I seriously doubt that. $400k/year does not pay for $1,200,000.00/year in hair and makeup for Michelle. It doesn't pay for $4.2 billion in annual travel and party expenses for 4 people.

The entire British Royal family only costs their country $500 million per year, and they bring in 10 times that amount in tourism.

Or the $300,000 a year in ground unicorn horn. Or the $1.5 milllion a year in teeth from the Loch Ness monster. I hear they're so expensive because of the import taxes.
Just pointing out yet facts.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses. He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.
You have an accountant plant in the WH? One who is also clairvoyant about future plans? Wow!
I was announced in the news.

(CNN) – After the elections in 2016, President Barack Obama will leave the White House, but he may not leave Washington.

In an interview with ABC, Obama said the decision will revolve around Sasha, the President and First Lady Michelle Obama’s youngest daughter, who will be a sophomore in high school when he leaves office. Malia, the oldest daughter, will be in college.

“‘Cause she’s, you know, obviously they — and Michelle — have made a lot of sacrifices on behalf of my cockamamie ideas, the running for office and things,” Obama told ABC’s Barbara Walters. The interview with the President and First Lady was recorded last week and is scheduled to air Friday evening on the network.

Related: Obama reflects on Kennedy family legacy, own security

“Sasha will have a big say in where we are,” he said, though they have not made a definitive decision on whether to move.

Both daughters attend Sidwell Friends School, a private school in Northwest Washington that President Bill Clinton’s daughter, Chelsea, also attended during his presidency.

ABC News notes that the last president to stay in Washington after leaving office was Woodrow Wilson. The Obamas have a home in Hyde Park, a neighborhood south of downtown Chicago along the shore of Lake Michigan. The Obamas lived in Hyde Park for two decades before moving to the White House. Obamas might stay in DC after presidency

It's their money.
I seriously doubt that. $400k/year does not pay for $1,200,000.00/year in hair and makeup for Michelle. It doesn't pay for $4.2 billion in annual travel and party expenses for 4 people.

The entire British Royal family only costs their country $500 million per year, and they bring in 10 times that amount in tourism.

Or the $300,000 a year in ground unicorn horn. Or the $1.5 milllion a year in teeth from the Loch Ness monster. I hear they're so expensive because of the import taxes.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses. He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.
You have an accountant plant in the WH? One who is also clairvoyant about future plans? Wow!

(CNN) – After the elections in 2016, President Barack Obama will leave the White House, but he may not leave Washington.

In an interview with ABC, Obama said the decision will revolve around Sasha, the President and First Lady Michelle Obama’s youngest daughter, who will be a sophomore in high school when he leaves office. Malia, the oldest daughter, will be in college.

“‘Cause she’s, you know, obviously they — and Michelle — have made a lot of sacrifices on behalf of my cockamamie ideas, the running for office and things,” Obama told ABC’s Barbara Walters. The interview with the President and First Lady was recorded last week and is scheduled to air Friday evening on the network.

“Sasha will have a big say in where we are,” he said, though they have not made a definitive decision on whether to move.

Both daughters attend Sidwell Friends School, a private school in Northwest Washington that President Bill Clinton’s daughter, Chelsea, also attended during his presidency.

ABC News notes that the last president to stay in Washington after leaving office was Woodrow Wilson. The Obamas have a home in Hyde Park, a neighborhood south of downtown Chicago along the shore of Lake Michigan. The Obamas lived in Hyde Park for two decades before moving to the White House. Obamas might stay in DC after presidency

There's no mention of him 'having to buy a mansion' in DC. Nor your nonsense about a '42 million dollar estate in Oahu'.

So....crystal ball then?

Aren't there several First Ladies dresses on display somewhere, having been loaned or gifted, then turned over to national archives or something? I remember seeing several Nancy Reagan dresses on display, and some Jackie Kennedy pieces, all labeled by occasion and date. BTW According to the small photo, the girls looked terrific, great representatives of American class.

There's no elegance so grand nor poise so reserved that conservatives can't find a reason to shit their bowels clean over it.

Obama Derangement Syndrome strikes again.
If we weren't in debt to the tune of $19.5 trillion it wouldn't be an issue. However, Obama lives beyond his means and tells us all to deal with it.

Ah, I see. So if we're in debt to 10.6 Trillion......then the president, his wife and daughter can wear whatever they want to a state dinner?
They can do that now, it's a free country.

But we are also free to point out the absolute hipocracy of this. Before he took office he said Bush Spending was reckless answer un-American.

Nuff said

How is it 'hypocrisy' to go to a state dinner if we have a national debt?

And still nothing on your bald faced lie about Obama's '42 million dollar estate in Hawaii'? Just one of those 'fire and forget' lies, then?
Hipocracy to spend like an oil Sheke on clothes you can't afford.

There's no elegance so grand nor poise so reserved that conservatives can't find a reason to shit their bowels clean over it.

Obama Derangement Syndrome strikes again.
If we weren't in debt to the tune of $19.5 trillion it wouldn't be an issue. However, Obama lives beyond his means and tells us all to deal with it.

Ah, I see. So if we're in debt to 10.6 Trillion......then the president, his wife and daughter can wear whatever they want to a state dinner?

But we are also free to point out the absolute hipocracy of this. Before he took office he said Bush Spending was reckless answer un-American.

Nuff said

And still nothing on your bald faced lie about Obama's '42 million dollar estate in Hawaii'? Just one of those 'fire and forget' lies, then?

And who says they spent 'like an oil sheke' on clothes they can't afford?

You're a veritable fountain of accusations. But not so good on bridging the chasm from your imagination....to the real world.

There's no mention of him 'having to buy a mansion' in DC. Nor your nonsense about a '42 million dollar estate in Oahu'.

So....crystal ball then?
Of course not. You must think they'll be living in a van down by the river. Maybe a government housing project. Perhaps a trailer in the woods.

Answer this one. Where are all of his SS bodyguards gonna stay, in fucking tents?

So....crystal ball then?
Of course not. You must think they'll be living in a van down by the river. Maybe a government housing project. Perhaps a trailer in the woods.

Answer this one. Where are all of his SS bodyguards gonna stay, in fucking tents?

Perhaps they can stay at 'Obama's $42 million dollar estate' that you made up. With Legolas and Optimus Prime.

Nuff said

You're a veritable fountain of accusations. But not so good on bridging the chasm from your imagination....to the real world.
OBVIOUSLY THE OP SAID SO!!! $20,000 could buy a lot of clothes.

Yuh know......talking to retards is always a challege, but talking to the willfully-ignore puts that to shame.

So....crystal ball then?

Perhaps they can stay at 'Obama's $42 million dollar estate' that you made up. With Legolas and Optimus Prime.
A vacation home. He needs to be stateside if he's gonna continue to foment sedition and destroy the economy.

Nuff said

OBVIOUSLY THE OP SAID SO!!! $20,000 could buy a lot of clothes.

Oh, Stephen is your source? Because nothing Stephen posted backed that claim up. The WordPress blog he linked to certainly made no such claim. And the Yahoo article it linked to didn't.

So apparently its you citing Stephen.

Quite the conservative circle jerk, wouldn't you say? Care to break the circle and back the claim with actual evidence?

Show us, with evidence, that a penny was spent by tax payers or the Obamas...on any dress mentioned in the OP.

So....crystal ball then?

A vacation home. He needs to be stateside if he's gonna continue to foment sedition and destroy the economy.

And your evidence that 'Obama's 42 million dollar estate in Oahu' actually exists is.....

........apparently your ability to type the claim.

I was under the impression that the first family bought their own clothing

Then you're an idiot. Public servants who do nothing can afford $20,000 dresses? You don't see anything wrong with that, dingbat?

And who said that they paid a penny for either dress? Or that the government did?

Not the WordPress Blog that the OP linked to. Not the Yahoo article that the WordPress blog linked to. Not the White House. Not the Obamas.

So....who?

So....crystal ball then?

OBAMA BUYS $40 MILLION ESTATE IN HAWAII

Forum List

Back