Outrageous: Sasha And Malia Obama Wear $20,000 Dresses To State Dinner Paid For By You, The Taxpayer

]QUOTE="Dhara, post: 13769363, member: 52805"]
You'd rather they not attend state dinners or you'd rather they attend in rags?
$20k?

A bit much?

$400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

I know it's tough, but they'll manage.
It's their money.[/QUOTE]
And the taxpayers pay their salaries.

The story doesn't say that the tax payer paid for the Obama Girls dresses (if they did use tax payer money that would be theft) , the headline is saying (in a very misleading way) that the STATE DINNER was paid for by the tax payers (which it was) so the fact that his daughters attended a State Dinner is NO BIG DEAL, it's quite common for the Children of World "Leaders" to attend State Dinners like this.

Of course if I had my way all State Dinners in the United States would take place at McDonalds and the pricks would be forced to eat happy meals but that's a whole 'nother subject.

The OP's link is a bullshit story which is simply a repost of a Yahoo story with a very misleading headline slapped on to it.
The headline is not misleading. US taxpayers paid for those dresses.

Says who? The WordPress blog post you cited doesn't. It says that the state dinner was paid for by the tax payers. It doesn't say a word about the tax payers paying for the dresses.

The yahoo source article doesn't either.

So who, Stephen....are you citing as claiming that the tax payers paid for the dresses? Your source is apparently your own gullibility. Do you ever think to fact check the silly shit that comes out of your mouth?

$20k?

A bit much?

An adjusted net income of $400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

It's their money.
I seriously doubt that. $400k/year does not pay for $1,200,000.00/year in hair and makeup for Michelle. It doesn't pay for $4.2 billion in annual travel and party expenses for 4 people.

The entire British Royal family only costs their country $500 million per year, and they bring in 10 times that amount in tourism.

$20k?

A bit much?

$400k a year isn't enough for $1 million dollar birthday parties, $500 tennis shoes, $20,000 evening gowns they only wear once or twice because in a year they won't fit. I think they could struggle along with shoes that cost under $200, and dresses that cost under $1000.

It's their money.
I seriously doubt that. $400k/year does not pay for $1,200,000.00/year in hair and makeup for Michelle. It doesn't pay for $4.2 billion in annual travel and party expenses for 4 people.

The entire British Royal family only costs their country $500 million per year, and they bring in 10 times that amount in tourism.

Or the $300,000 a year in ground unicorn horn. Or the $1.5 milllion a year in teeth from the Loch Ness monster. I hear they're so expensive because of the import taxes.

These type girls aren't royalty despite thinking they are. We are being fleeced in the pocketbooks to support their delusions of grandeur.

Sasha and Malia Wore $20,000 Dresses to State Dinner Paid for by US Taxpayers - The Gateway Pundit

And how much did they pay for them? Apparently, not much:

“Mrs. Obama pays for her clothing. For official events of public or historic significance, such as a state visit, the first lady’s clothes may be given as a gift by a designer and accepted on behalf of the U.S. government. They are then stored by the National Archives.”

Sasha and Malia Obama Wore $20K Dresses to the Canada State Dinner

So what is your evidence that the tax payer paid anything for these dresses? Let alone $20,000 a pop?

The source article doesn't say this. And in fact indicates that such dresses may be given as a gift by the designer and accepted on behalf of the US government.

Which you know because you read the source article.

Right?
Aren't there several First Ladies dresses on display somewhere, having been loaned or gifted, then turned over to national archives or something? I remember seeing several Nancy Reagan dresses on display, and some Jackie Kennedy pieces, all labeled by occasion and date. BTW According to the small photo, the girls looked terrific, great representatives of American class.

These type girls aren't royalty despite thinking they are. We are being fleeced in the pocketbooks to support their delusions of grandeur.

Sasha and Malia Wore $20,000 Dresses to State Dinner Paid for by US Taxpayers - The Gateway Pundit

“Mrs. Obama pays for her clothing. For official events of public or historic significance, such as a state visit, the first lady’s clothes may be given as a gift by a designer and accepted on behalf of the U.S. government. They are then stored by the National Archives.”

So what is your evidence that the tax payer paid anything for these dresses? Let alone $20,000 a pop?

The source article doesn't say this. And in fact indicates that such dresses may be given as a gift by the designer and accepted on behalf of the US government.

Right?
Aren't there several First Ladies dresses on display somewhere, having been loaned or gifted, then turned over to national archives or something? I remember seeing several Nancy Reagan dresses on display, and some Jackie Kennedy pieces, all labeled by occasion and date. BTW According to the small photo, the girls looked terrific, great representatives of American class.

There's no elegance so grand nor poise so reserved that conservatives can't find a reason to shit their bowels clean over it.

Obama Derangement Syndrome strikes again.

$20k?

A bit much?

It's their money.

Or the $300,000 a year in ground unicorn horn. Or the $1.5 milllion a year in teeth from the Loch Ness monster. I hear they're so expensive because of the import taxes.
Just pointing out yet facts.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses. He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.

$20k?

A bit much?

It's their money.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses.

Can you back the '42 million dollar estate' thing with actual evidence? Or do we just lump that with the unicorn hooves and phoenix feathers?

He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.

And how is he 'robbing us blind'? Specifically.

Right?

There's no elegance so grand nor poise so reserved that conservatives can't find a reason to shit their bowels clean over it.

If we weren't in debt to the tune of $19.5 trillion it wouldn't be an issue. However, Obama lives beyond his means and tells us all to deal with it.

$20k?

A bit much?

It's their money.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses.

Can you back the '42 million dollar estate' thing with actual evidence? Or do we just lump that with the unicorn hooves and phoenix feathers?

He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.

He takes office with $9-10 trillion in debt and currently he owes us and China $19.5 trillion.

That's stealing from our retirement, stealing from our future.

Right?

If we weren't in debt to the tune of $19.5 trillion it wouldn't be an issue. However, Obama lives beyond his means and tells us all to deal with it.

Ah, I see. So if we're in debt to 10.6 Trillion......then the president, his wife and daughter can wear whatever they want to a state dinner?

$20k?

A bit much?

It's their money.

Obama could afford a ticket to the convention before he became senator. Now he has a $42 million estate in Hawaii, and a $900k place in Chicago he never uses. He's robbing us blind. He's planning going on staying in Washington, so he has to buy a mansion in DC. Plus he gets Secret Service protection for life. He's gonna need it if he continues what he's started in the White House. He's become an albatross around our necks we'll have to pay for from here on out.
You have an accountant plant in the WH? One who is also clairvoyant about future plans? Wow!

It's their money.

He takes office with $9-10 trillion in debt and currently he owes us and China $19.5 trillion.

So you've just abandoned that 42 million dollar estate horseshit entirely, I see. After using it as evidence that he's 'robbing us blind'.

It doesn't take much to send you running from your claims.

Right?

Ah, I see. So if we're in debt to 10.6 Trillion......then the president, his wife and daughter can wear whatever they want to a state dinner?
They can do that now, it's a free country.

But we are also free to point out the absolute hipocracy of this. Before he took office he said Bush Spending was reckless and un-American.

Nuff said

So you've just abandoned that 42 million dollar estate horseshit entirely, I see. After using it as evidence that he's 'robbing us blind'.

Nope. He has an estate that was purchased for him in Oahu that costs $42 million. The property taxes alone is more than he earns.

Right?

They can do that now, it's a free country.

But we are also free to point out the absolute hipocracy of this. Before he took office he said Bush Spending was reckless answer un-American.

Nuff said

How is it 'hypocrisy' to go to a state dinner if we have a national debt?

And still nothing on your bald faced lie about Obama's '42 million dollar estate in Hawaii'? Just one of those 'fire and forget' lies, then?

Nope. He has an estate that was purchased for him in Oahu that costs $42 million. The property taxes alone is more than he earns.

And who says that he had an estate purchased for him in Oahu?

There's you, apparently citing yourself. And who else?

Forum List

Back