Over 200 Lawmakers Ask SCOTUS to Reconsider Roe v Wade

IX
The (anti-abortion) appellee and certain amici argue that the fetus is a "person" within the language and meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment. In support of this, they outline at length and in detail the well-known facts of fetal development. If this suggestion of personhood is established, the (pro-abortion) appellant's case, of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life would then be guaranteed specifically by the (14th) Amendment. The appellant conceded as much on reargument. - Roe v. Wade

If Roe v Wade was overturned, wouldn't everything in that decision be invalidated? Besides, this section refers to a hypothetical establishment of personhood at the federal level. Unless/until that occurs, the abortion issue would revert to the States.

Our FEDERAL fetal HOMICIDE laws already establish the fact that a "child in the womb" is a "person."

For now, that law (unconstitutionally) makes an exception, to keep abortions legal.

When the SCOTUS finally decides to revisit Roe. . . All of the known disparities will be dealt.with.

I have yet to see how anyone can justify recognizing a human being of any age, shape, size or color as a person in one State but deny their personhood in another.

I do.

Feel Free to explain how this could revert back to the States.

That's not how the Supreme Court works. I'm pro-life (but probably a different kind of pro-life than you as I am from most who call themselves pro-life but are not.)

I hate that the court does this but when the court rules on something they almost invariably rule as narrow as they can.

I'll ask again.

Please explain how the Supreme Court of the United States can rule that a child's life begins at conception, recognize said children as "persons" and acknowledge that "children in the womb" are Constitutionally entitled to the "equal protections of our laws" and then leave it for the individual States to decide whether they want to Keep abortions legal and DENY those protections to children in the womb.

I'm waiting.

They aren't going to do that.

I think they will.

Especially when they are asked to reconcile a fetal HOMICIDE law or conviction with Roe.

You are speaking somewhere down the road.

And you aren't?

That's not how the Supreme Court works. I'm pro-life (but probably a different kind of pro-life than you as I am from most who call themselves pro-life but are not.)

I hate that the court does this but when the court rules on something they almost invariably rule as narrow as they can.

I'll ask again.

Please explain how the Supreme Court of the United States can rule that a child's life begins at conception, recognize said children as "persons" and acknowledge that "children in the womb" are Constitutionally entitled to the "equal protections of our laws" and then leave it for the individual States to decide whether they want to Keep abortions legal and DENY those protections to children in the womb.

I'm waiting.

I think they will.

Especially when they are asked to reconcile a fetal HOMICIDE law or conviction with Roe.

And you aren't?

No. I'm speaking about what happens if RvW was overturned. Not what *might* happen well after that.

I'll ask again.

I'm waiting.

I think they will.

And you aren't?

No. I'm speaking about what happens if RvW was overturned. Not what *might* happen well after that.

The immediate outcome will weigh heavily on the exact wording of the Supreme Court Justices opinions. Can we at least agree on that?

I think they will.

And you aren't?

The immediate outcome will weigh heavily on the exact wording of the Supreme Court Justices opinions. Can we at least agree on that?

I addressed that. While I dislike it the court almost always rules as narrowly as possible. There is absolutely no reason to think they wouldn't here also.

Our FEDERAL fetal HOMICIDE laws already establish the fact that a "child in the womb" is a "person."

Cite?

18 U.S. Code § 1841 - Protection of unborn children

Thanks, but this distinguishes between a "person" and an "unborn child."

For example:

(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution—
(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;
(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or
(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.

I think they will.

And you aren't?

I addressed that. While I dislike it the court almost always rules as narrowly as possible. There is absolutely no reason to think they wouldn't here also.

Almost. . .

Always. . .

Almost. . .

Cite?

18 U.S. Code § 1841 - Protection of unborn children

Thanks, but this distinguishes between a "person" and an "unborn child."

For example:

(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution—
(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;
(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or
(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.

Ummmmm.....

What is the crime that a person can be charged with, undervthis law, for intentionally killing a "child in the womb" in a criminal act?

Here's a hint. It starts with an M and it ends with an R. It has Six letters.

Next, explain how that charge does not establish the "personhood" of the victim (child) killed.

And you aren't?

Almost. . .

Always. . .

Almost. . .

Roberts isn't going to allow some wide ranging ruling. That's not who he is.

And you aren't?

Almost. . .

Always. . .

Almost. . .

There is No need for a wide ranging opinion from Roberts on when a child's right to the equal protections of our laws should begin. A very narrow definition will suffice.

Last edited:

Almost. . .

Always. . .

Almost. . .

There is No need for a wide ranging opinion from Roberts on when a child'sright to the equal protections of our laws should begin. A very narrow definition will suffice.

We aren't discussing children. When speaking of the law the distinction makes a huge difference.

Almost. . .

Always. . .

Almost. . .

There is No need for a wide ranging opinion from Roberts on when a child'sright to the equal protections of our laws should begin. A very narrow definition will suffice.

We aren't discussing children. When speaking of the law the distinction makes a huge difference.

1. Our laws are not infallible.

That said, . . .

2. The law (cited just a few posts ago) already defines "children in the womb" as "children."

That said, . . .

Both biologically and legally, we are in fact, talking about "children."

Republicans SWORE that they weren't going after Roe.

You mean they LIED...again?

What do you do when you are a single mom with no child support, three failed marriages, income coming from the military, making a car payment, and living in base housing and you get pregnant, because you never have anyone to talk to and long for love and care and attention, more than anything else. You find out your first missed period. The man that got you pregnant will not marry you. Would think explore your options. Maybe you are forced by the fact you are in the military and being pregnant is not something you do, military and babies don't mix. Plus you were born in the 50's and still smoke that costs a lot of money. Only fun thing to do was smoke tobacco. I think women have compelling reasons to choose abortion.

What do you do when you are a single mom with no child support, three failed marriages, income coming from the military, making a car payment, and living in base housing and you get pregnant, because you never have anyone to talk to and long for love and care and attention, more than anything else. You find out your first missed period. The man that got you pregnant will not marry you. Would think explore your options. Maybe you are forced by the fact you are in the military and being pregnant is not something you do, military and babies don't mix. Plus you were born in the 50's and still smoke that costs a lot of money. Only fun thing to do was smoke tobacco. I think women have compelling reasons to choose abortion.

Some Men (sic) have compelling reasons to fuck women, impregnate them or not and then leave them to find another that is willing to put out.

Does that make it right?

Forum List

Back