Rate Of Young Women Getting Sterilized Doubled After Roe Was Overturned

Sophia Ferst remembers her reaction to learning that the Supreme Court had overturned Roe v. Wade: She needed to get sterilized.

After Roe was overturned in June 2022, doctors said a wave of young people like Ferst started asking for permanent birth control like tubal ligations, in which the fallopian tubes are removed, or vasectomies.

New research published this spring in JAMA Health Forum shows how big that wave of young people is nationally.

So much for the forced birth great white wave. Good job whitetards, you just accelerated the minority population.
What's the actual numbers here skew? if the article doesn't know them then just ignore the question.

They should put a sterilizing clinics beside every planned parenthood. With statements in the window of democrat leaders saying Trump is doing away with abortion. To let them know they can get sterilized, before it's outlawed.

Sophia Ferst remembers her reaction to learning that the Supreme Court had overturned Roe v. Wade: She needed to get sterilized.

After Roe was overturned in June 2022, doctors said a wave of young people like Ferst started asking for permanent birth control like tubal ligations, in which the fallopian tubes are removed, or vasectomies.

New research published this spring in JAMA Health Forum shows how big that wave of young people is nationally.

So much for the forced birth great white wave. Good job whitetards, you just accelerated the minority population.
Seems like a rather choice given all the birth control out there.

But there body their choice.

Sad these women think that’s the only option, but given all the fearmonger and propagandia from the demafacist…I’m not all that surprised

I’m sure the rate of women asking their physicians about the procedure is way up. What these women will find is that many doctors are reluctant to perform the procedure on women under 30 and many major insurance companies are reluctant to pay for it under the woman’s mid-30s. The reason I know that is because my former roommate tried to get it done in her 20s and found both her doctor and her insurance unwilling to even discuss it until she was in her 30s or has at least two children.

I’m sure the rate of women asking their physicians about the procedure is way up. What these women will find is that many doctors are reluctant to perform the procedure on women under 30 and many major insurance companies are reluctant to pay for it under the woman’s mid-30s. The reason I know that is because my former roommate tried to get it done in her 20s and found both her doctor and her insurance unwilling to even discuss it until she was in her 30s or has at least two children.

I've heard that also

Birth control benefits​

Plans in the Health Insurance Marketplace® must cover contraceptive methods and counseling for all women, as prescribed by a health care provider.
Plans must cover these services without charging a
copayment
or
coinsurance
when provided by an in-network provider — even if you haven’t met your
deductible

Covered contraceptive methods​

FDA-approved contraceptive methods prescribed by a woman’s doctor are covered, including:
  • Barrier methods, like diaphragms and sponges
  • Hormonal methods, like birth control pills and vaginal rings
  • Implanted devices, like intrauterine devices (IUDs)
  • Emergency contraception, like Plan B® and ella®
  • Sterilization procedures
  • Patient education and counseling
Plans aren’t required to cover drugs to induce abortions and services for male reproductive capacity, like vasectomies.
Notice:
TIP To be sure if a specific method is covered by your plan, check your plan’s materials or ask your employer or benefits administrator.
Birth control benefits and reproductive health care options in the Health Insurance Marketplace®

Consent form requirements don’t legally prohibit your ability to get a tubal ligation. Rather, they eliminate the possibility that Medicaid will pay for the procedure.

Does insurance cover it?​

Most private insurance plans provide coverage for tubal ligation.
Under the Affordable Care Act, any plan that’s purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace must cover this procedure without charging a copayment or coinsurance, even if you haven’t met your deductible.
Certain organizations and institutions that provide employer-based health insurance may offer plans that don’t include coverage for birth control methods of any kind, including tubal ligation. To be exempt from this requirement, the organization must certify a religious objection to contraceptive coverage.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Get Your Tubes Tied? Laws and Facts

LOL. Then there simply won't be enough Trad Wives to supplement the amount of lily white births you were counting on to keep you relevant.
Congrats, you just replaced yourself! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Practically, there's no difference between not getting pregnant and killing their children. Those women will not be part of the next generation no matter what. So it makes no difference.

Forum List

Back