Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

I don't know the numbers? I just posted the numbers. 50% of babies being born on Medicaid. What more numbers would you like? To break it down, one-fifth of our population are creating more than half of the babies. So what do those numbers tell me? It tells me that lowlifes are having children at a much higher rate than productive middle-class people. It also tells me they could care less about how many children they have because they don't have to worry about supporting them. Pass that bill onto the working people who are limiting their family size according to their income.

again, you are working on the assumption that people on medicaid aren't productive because they can't get health insurance through their employers.

By your own standard, YOU AREN'T productive because your employer doesn't pay for your insurance.

Fact is, most people on medicaid have jobs.

And to think prior to the 1960s, Medicaid did not exist, yet lots of babies were born. I would guess LWNJs think all poor babies died before the invention of Medicaid.

Actually, they were deep fried and eaten by rich southern republicans. Those that were not eaten were sacrificed to Baal.

I don't know the numbers? I just posted the numbers. 50% of babies being born on Medicaid. What more numbers would you like? To break it down, one-fifth of our population are creating more than half of the babies. So what do those numbers tell me? It tells me that lowlifes are having children at a much higher rate than productive middle-class people. It also tells me they could care less about how many children they have because they don't have to worry about supporting them. Pass that bill onto the working people who are limiting their family size according to their income.

again, you are working on the assumption that people on medicaid aren't productive because they can't get health insurance through their employers.

By your own standard, YOU AREN'T productive because your employer doesn't pay for your insurance.

Fact is, most people on medicaid have jobs.

And you know something? I never had children either. I didn't want the expense.

19% of the Medicaid budget went to 11 million adults in 2015 that became eligible under the ACA expansion. 66% percent are working poor and 12% are looking for work for a combined total of 78% working or willing to work. Let's just say that leaves roughly 2.5 million adults on Medicaid that do not work for some reason.

And 33% goes to the disabled. 21% goes to the elderly. 4.2% goes to non-working poor. 14.8% goes to the working poor.

So are you just talking about Commie Care or all Medicaid? You're trying to water down the point.

33% of the Medicaid budget goes to people with physical and intellectual disabilities.

And 21% goes to the elderly.

Hmmm, interesting statistic if it's true.

You know, it's not often you on the left help us on the right make a point, but you've outdone yourself today.

You see, I estimated that about one-fifth of our population are creating 50% of the babies taking all Medicaid recipients into consideration, but now that you brought this to light, it's worse than I thought.

The elderly are not having children, so that's about 1/5 of the Medicaid people out of that baby making mix. Then, we have to assume some with disabilities are not capable of having children either, so it's probably more like 30% of Medicaid people not having babies.

So thank you for your help on this topic. It is much worse than we thought. It's probably about one-sixth or one-seventh of our population making 50% of those babies.

Last edited:
Ray From Cleveland, post: 17804094
When you tell me that I have to get up for work everyday to support my next door neighbors because they don't feel like working, I'm sorry, but that's servitude.

One third of the Medicaid budget goes to people with physical and intellectual disabilities.

. Medicaid spends almost $200 billion a year caring for people with physical and intellectual disabilities. That's about one-third of its budget, even though, according to the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, only about 13 percent of those enrolled in Medicaid are disabled.

From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives Of Millions

Do you agree that this service to disabled people and their families is a commitment that the Federal Government should provide? Do you consider yourself enslaved because a portion of your tax payments help fund it?

Okay, now riddle me this: why would any elderly person need Medicaid unless they didn't work most or all of their life? After all, we working go on Medicare--not Medicaid because we worked and contributed to Medicare during our working years.

Outside of the disabled, the only reason a non-disabled elderly person would need Medicaid is if they didn't contribute anything into the system. If they didn't work and contribute to Medicare, they certainly didn't contribute much to Social Security either.

My first "real job" was working as a bank teller for $50.00 a week. It was enough to rent a tiny furnished apartment with 2 friends. I did not own a car, but I was able to save $18.00 a month, which I later used as a down payment on my first house 5 years later. I was still working for the bank, but in a larger branch, supervising the tellers and machine operators.

I worked for the bank for 9 years and was a manager when I left - one of the first female bank managers. I was making $18,500.

A living wage would be one which allows an individual to support themselves in a modest way, without government assistance.

I know of no country other than the US which subsidizes large corporations by providing welfare to full time workers.

And yet the idiot American right wing continues to vilify the workers, and praise the profitability of the corporations screwing them over. It's total insanity.

American conservative right wing voters have to be the most gullible fools on the planet.

The year would be interesting.

You say an individual should be able to support themselves in a modest way without government assistance. Yet you lived with two roommates all paying the rent, utilities and whatever.

Why does someone who has done nothing to be self-sufficient, deserve being paid far more than their worth?

Your statement about other countries not subsidizing companies but providing welfare to employees is just flat out foolish. The workers in those countries pay massive income taxes PLUS they have VAT (Value Added Tax) of up to 25% on everything they purchase though it is lower on food and some other necessities. Want to buy a new $30,000 car, and you pay $7,500 in tax plus the other costs. So the company isn't paying for their "FREE" healthcare, lengthy vacations, retirement and more.

Who pays? The WORKERS pay for all those benefits. Do you think government money sprouts on trees?

Cannot%20multiply%20wealth-M.jpg

Contraceptives in the water supply.

Curious, that was an idea had by petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama's Science Czar John Holdren. Along with forced sterilization, forced abortions and other things you'd expect in Communist China.

I have looked at the numbers. It's 1% of the population which hardcore refuses to work.

But you continue to see the working poor as the problem instead of the corporate elite which chooses to underpay their workers, while booking record profits and paying 8 figure executive salaries.

Since you have seen the numbers, it would be helpful for you to provide the source and link. Thank you.

Workers, virtually everyone, earn exactly what they are paid. If you feel like you want more pay, make yourself more valuable to the employer or find a better job.

If you were scientific person you would dive into all the numbers before reaching such a biased conclusion.

Just watched "The Big Short". Talk about irresponsible people.

Ah, but we must blame whatever irresponsible fraudulent financial mess the money-changers make on poor people and immigrants.

"The Big Short" is FICTION. It is not a documentary.

You should do some actual, unbiased research into the cause of the mortgage/financial/housing meltdown.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17833307
So are you just talking about Commie Care or all Medicaid? You're trying to water down the point.

Why did you start this thread if you cannot respond to questions that define your position.

I'll try again:

Do you agree that Medicaid service to the disabled, working poor and elderly and their families is a commitment that the Federal Government should provide? Do you consider yourself enslaved because a portion of your tax payments help fund it?

"The film is accurate about the historical trajectory of events"

Markle, post: 17834154
You should do some actual, unbiased research into the cause of the mortgage/financial/housing meltdown.

Are you pushing the RWNJ fiction that poor folk caused the worlds' top banks to collapse?

The money while fictionalized is basd upon true historical events and real people involved.

Markets: Quietly and separately, all these men spot that there is a problem with mortgage securities, particularly those resting on the unfettered inflation of the risky subprime market. The film is accurate about the historical trajectory of events. It is true that an astonishing number of people, including the chairman of the Federal Reserve himself, continued to ignore the housing market bubble and even to deny it could happen – though, as the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics Laureate Paul Krugman has pointed out in his review, more people noticed there was a problem than the tiny group who are shown here. Another economist, Jeffrey A Tucker, has argued that The Big Short is “incomplete” without reference to the actions of the Federal Reserve itself. He directs viewers looking for an accurate account of the causes of the crash to Margin Call.

How historically accurate is The Big Short?

Verdict: Fast, funny and righteously furious, The Big Short is more gripping and less desperate to make jerks in suits seem cool than most business movies. It’s also a solid historical explanation of the subprime crisis.

In other words you are a nobody who is not capable of sorting fact from fiction in the movie.

Are you quite certain the big bankers and lowlife mortgage lenders and regulators did not do anything anything irresponsible, immoral and wrong.

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17833307

Why did you start this thread if you cannot respond to questions that define your position.

I'll try again:

Do you agree that Medicaid service to the disabled, working poor and elderly and their families is a commitment that the Federal Government should provide? Do you consider yourself enslaved because a portion of your tax payments help fund it?

Ah yes, demanding an answer to your one question and avoiding the rest of the post.

Of course I don't mind supporting those who are truly disabled. Who would? What I do object to is one-sixth of our population having 50% of the kids they can't afford to have and passing the bill to the working. I object to the non-working having more liberties and a larger family than the working can have.

"Now, Nickerson (mid-eighties) said he pays about $1,700 a month from her Social Security, and Medi-Cal picks up the rest of the tab"

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17834813
Ah yes, demanding an answer to your one question and avoiding the rest of the post.

So you avoid providing an answer first and then complain that I did not respond your entire avoidance.

So you only are OK with the Feds and states taking care of the truly disabled.

Are the elderly in nursing homes lowlifes too. You hinted you are of the belief that everybody under nursing home care ($90,000 per year) never worked as hard as overburdened welfare slave you.

First of all you should be ashamed of your clueless ire at the elderly in nursing homes since you are too lazy to know this.

Medicare doesn't cover long-term care (also called custodial care), if that's the only care you need. Most nursing home care is custodial care. ... Skilled nursing care in a skilled nursingfacility. Eligible home health services. Long-term care | Medicare.gov
Medicare.gov › coverage › long-term-care

Second of all, I'm sure most elderly enter nursing homes from their status as a middle class working American.

This is just one story, but you should get the picture (these are working people that own their own home well into their mid-eighties) unless your resentment and hate for anyone not disabled needing public assistance clouds your view.

When Nickerson, 85, realized a nursing home bed was too expensive, he sought guidance from an attorney, who helped him take his wife’s name off their home and take their assets out of her name. Then Nickerson applied for her to receive Medi-Cal, and he helped her move into a Turlock nursing home near the one where she once worked.

Now, Nickerson said he pays about $1,700 a month from her Social Security, and Medi-Cal picks up the rest of the tab, he said. Nickerson said his wife, now 84, is getting the care she needs, and he can’t imagine having her anywhere else.

“It is absolutely the best place for her,” he said. “She needs help 24 hours a day.”

Nursing Home Bills Are Swamping Medicaid

So if people worked their whole lives and end up needing care in a nursing home do you approve of the Feds and States providing assistance through Medicaid? Or do you hate and resent Nickerson for keeping his home as long as he can and getting into your precious little purse too.

It is an interesting debate asking for state and federal and local assistence while owning a property with 400k on equity
In a blunt and almost gross fact-it's a decision of do you want to have no money in order to stay alive. Is that right to have your property become of no net value to receive care? Is it right to ask millions to chip in something so that you don't have to?
I don't think we are talking about most or even many who need elder care with hundreds of thousands of house equity so not sure how much them paying would really reduce the drain?

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17833351
So thank you for your help on this topic. It is much worse than we thought. It's probably about one-sixth or one-seventh of our population making 50% of those babies.

You don't know how many of the working poor are making babies.

If you don't know the facts and data you can't estimate anything.

Your rant is mostly I guess against able bodied people having babies with no plan to ever work to support them.

You don't even know what you are bitching about.

19% of Medicaid dollars goes to non-elderly and non-disabled adults. 66% of those adults are working poor.

You don't know what number of working poor households are having babies paid for by Medicaid.

You are shooting with a blindfold on and declaring whatever you hit was the intended target.

Of course I don't mind supporting those who are truly disabled. Who would? What I do object to is one-sixth of our population having 50% of the kids they can't afford to have and passing the bill to the working. I object to the non-working having more liberties and a larger family than the working can have.

Nobody ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I spent more time at the office".

So your objection is that some people are putting family ahead of career by not whoring themselves out to jobs to get health insurance?

Ray From Cleveland, post: 17761301
The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

You still have not determined how many "working people" have recieived Medicaid payments for the births of their children.

. Currently, more than half the states cover children with family income up to at least 250% FPL (about $50,000 for a family of three.)7

Medicaid at 50 - Low-Income Pregnant Women, Children and Families, and Childless Adults

A family with 3 kids in more than half the states can make up to $50,000 a year and qualify for Medicaid.

Your fraudulent hate message is meaningless until you find out how many kids are born to the non-working poor compared to the working poor.

You didn't know that Medicare does not pay for nursing home care when attacking the elderly.

Nobody ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I spent more time at the office".

So your objection is that some people are putting family ahead of career by not whoring themselves out to jobs to get health insurance?

My problem is that people are having kids they can't support, and then passing the bill to the taxpayers who could only dream of having as many kids as the poor have. I've known a lot of working people that wished they could have had a larger family, but they couldn't because they were responsible enough to limit their family size according to their income if they had any kids at all.

The poor? If they want five or six kids, they just have them. Who is going to stop them? Who is going to limit them?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back