Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

Be responsible, you idiot. Birth control is everywhere at no charge, USE IT!!!

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

Typical conservatives. You have all kinds of opinions but no SOLUTIONS!

Their solution is to let them die or force the father to work 3 jobs.

Conservatives are fucking evil

I'm not a conservative, used to be a demorat till that party went batshit crazy anti white, anti american. Anyway, why don't the people that are all for babies being brought into the world by parents who can't afford them, start up their own fund for taking care of these babies? obama and the clintons could easily come up with the first billion or two. Now that's compassion. Will they do it? Hell no.

When Democrats talk about taking care of people, they mean taking care of them with other people's money, not their own.

I have a proposal that just might solve the problem for you but first I would like for you to be aware of the typical income requirement for Medicaid. A married couple with a child on the way can have a monthly income of $3,574 a month in North Carolina and qualify for Medicaid. It is that high because the state considers a healthy pregnancy an investment and because Republican's passed legislation in which a fetus is considered a child so the married couple becomes a family of three for qualification purposes at the onset of the pregnancy.

But here is my proposal. The funding of these children becomes completely voluntary. If you don't want to fund them you simply check a box on your tax return and your taxes will be reduced accordingly. On the federal level, well that would not be much. Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and the ACA subsidies account for twenty five percent of the budget but MediCARE takes up almost sixty percent of that amount. The ACA subsidies account for about twenty percent of the remainder and over half of all Medicaid spending is devoted to long term care coverage of the disabled and elderly. So, crunch the numbers and by electing not to cover pregnancies for those on Medicaid one could reduce their federal tax bill by a little less than two percent.

However, if one makes that election they cannot collect any Social Security benefits funded by those children in the future. And by funded I mean funded by the FICA taxes those children pay in the future. Those that elected not to pay for the coverage have their Social Security checks reduced by the calculated amount and the savings is distributed to those that elected to pay for the coverage. That sound fair to you?

What does Medicare have to do with this topic? You lost me.

Discouraging the poor, the uneducated, the weak, the 'flawed' from having children is a form of eugenics.

Right or wrong, that's what it is,

so just remember that, RW'ers, when you go off on one of your rant fests about how it was the LEFT that started that whole 'eugenics' thing.

Poor people have kids when they are young. Rich people have kids when they are older. And God has a funny way of making things even. The single greatest determinant of one's life expectancy is the age of their mother at birth. Various studies have been done and all confirm the reality, that a child born to a mother under the age of 25 has a longer life expectancy than one born to a mother over forty, sometimes by more than a decade. If your mother was younger than 25 when you were born you are seven times as likely to live to a hundred than if your mother was older than 25.

The point, well we best be taking care of those babies born to the poor. They are churning out an extra generation every three. AN EXTRA GENERATION. If we don't help them rise out of poverty we are soon going to be overran.

I'm not a conservative, used to be a demorat till that party went batshit crazy anti white, anti american. Anyway, why don't the people that are all for babies being brought into the world by parents who can't afford them, start up their own fund for taking care of these babies? obama and the clintons could easily come up with the first billion or two. Now that's compassion. Will they do it? Hell no.

When Democrats talk about taking care of people, they mean taking care of them with other people's money, not their own.

I have a proposal that just might solve the problem for you but first I would like for you to be aware of the typical income requirement for Medicaid. A married couple with a child on the way can have a monthly income of $3,574 a month in North Carolina and qualify for Medicaid. It is that high because the state considers a healthy pregnancy an investment and because Republican's passed legislation in which a fetus is considered a child so the married couple becomes a family of three for qualification purposes at the onset of the pregnancy.

But here is my proposal. The funding of these children becomes completely voluntary. If you don't want to fund them you simply check a box on your tax return and your taxes will be reduced accordingly. On the federal level, well that would not be much. Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and the ACA subsidies account for twenty five percent of the budget but MediCARE takes up almost sixty percent of that amount. The ACA subsidies account for about twenty percent of the remainder and over half of all Medicaid spending is devoted to long term care coverage of the disabled and elderly. So, crunch the numbers and by electing not to cover pregnancies for those on Medicaid one could reduce their federal tax bill by a little less than two percent.

However, if one makes that election they cannot collect any Social Security benefits funded by those children in the future. And by funded I mean funded by the FICA taxes those children pay in the future. Those that elected not to pay for the coverage have their Social Security checks reduced by the calculated amount and the savings is distributed to those that elected to pay for the coverage. That sound fair to you?

What does Medicare have to do with this topic? You lost me.

Twenty five percent of the federal budget goes to Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, and ACA subsidies. Sixty percent of that amount goes to MEDICARE. If we are calculating the percentage of your tax dollars going to pay for pregnancies we have to deduct the spending on everything else.

Keep in mind that the Kaiser report was based on data from 2010-2016. If you look at the list of states, New Mexico was right up there at the top with 72%. And being a border state, Mexican nationals were coming across on a daily basis to have their children, so they can have dual citizenship and qualify for US welfare.

The other states listed also show the sheer number of illegal who were coming into this country during the Obama years.

The other states listed are all red states. What a surprise!

Of course they are. If you were an illegal sneaking into this country, where would you want to go? Some well-to-do red state or a third world shithole blue state?

GOP: "50% of the nation's babies needed Medicaid to be successfully born. Damn those babies! Kill Medicaid!!! :mad::mad::mad: #ProLife"

Which you are against I'm sure . Well righties want people to get married and have lots of babies . And righties tell young couples not to get Obamacare plans , even though it covers child birth.

So what's your plan???

Be responsible, you idiot. Birth control is everywhere at no charge, USE IT!!!

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

They want to raise taxes only on the rich and some giant corps, who've been getting away with murder for years. And Dem rich want to raise their own taxes for the good of the country, dupe. Medicaid is giving the poor and close to it preventive care and a doctor. You're already paying for STUPID ER care.

All these deadbeat babies need to plan ahead and make proper financial arrangements before being born. Statistics show that 96% of babies often go for 16 or more years of being unemployed after being born. They are a drag on society.

Are you folks even aware that the US has the highest rate of women's death in childbirth in the first world, as well as the highest rate of infant mortality?

Sassy says the poor ought to be using all that free birth control that's "everywhere". Birth control fails - often. Half of the women who have abortions were using birth control when they hit pregnant.

Conservatives don't want the poor to have babies, but they don't want the poor to have abortions either. Given the frequency with which BC fails, what you're really saying is that poor people shouldn't have sex because that's the only way they're not going to get pregnant.

Good luck with that one.

Are you folks even aware that the US has the highest rate of women's death in childbirth in the first world, as well as the highest rate of infant mortality?

Sassy says the poor ought to be using all that free birth control that's "everywhere". Birth control fails - often. Half of the women who have abortions were using birth control when they hit pregnant.

Conservatives don't want the poor to have babies, but they don't want the poor to have abortions either. Given the frequency with which BC fails, what you're really saying is that poor people shouldn't have sex because that's the only way they're not going to get pregnant.

Good luck with that one.

Ahhh shaddup with your leftist gobbly gook

Combined contraceptive pill: more than 99% effective if taken correctly

Good luck with that one.

Funny, my daughter was taking that pill, correctly too, and she's about to have another baby. It didn't work.

Not all women can take BC pills. Quite a few face adverse reactions to the Pill.

But keep believe the bullshit lies.

Good luck with that one.

Funny, my daughter was taking that pill, correctly too, and she's about to have another baby. It didn't work.

Not all women can take BC pills. Quite a few face adverse reactions to the Pill.

The pill is a little over 99% effective, it's science loon and I'm a woman I've done my research.

Good luck with that one.

The pill is a little over 99% effective, it's science loon and I'm a woman I've done my research.

Supposedly. You don't think that the drug company might be lying to boost their claims. No. A drug company would never do anything like that would they?

Good luck with that one.

Supposedly. You don't think that the drug company might be lying to boost their claims. No. A drug company would never do anything like that would they?

Oh brother

Good luck with that one.

Only if they wanted to get sued into the next world, and yes, drug companies that did make false claims in the past were severely punished.

Good luck with that one.

Somebody is going to need good luck:

RELATIVE EFFECTIVENESS OF BIRTH CONTROL METHODS* | Options for Sexual Health

You are acting like all these births are accidental . It's conservatives who tell people to go get married and have babies . That's what they are doing!

And it's not just the poor. Who has $20k lying around to pay for child birth ?

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid

If 50% of the children in America are being born into poverty, while America remains the world supreme economic power...it only proves that our system of economics is a complete failure!

Maybe you'd prefer that all those Medicaid babies had been aborted?

Or taken away for adoption. If you take the incentive away of having children on government programs, that will greatly reduce the amount of people having kids while on Medicaid.

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid

If 50% of the children in America are being born into poverty, while America remains the world supreme economic power...it only proves that our system of economics is a complete failure!

No, what it proves is that if you promote irresponsibility, don't be surprised when you end up with more irresponsible people.

Looking up the statistics, 70 million people are on Medicaid and the SCHIPs program. Take SCHIPs out of the picture, and you probably end up with one-fifth of our population on Medicaid.

So the rough numbers are one-fifth of our population is supplying the country with 50% of the babies. And these are the one-fifth of our population that can't afford to have children.

Babies don't happen out of luck, you have to make an effort to have a baby. It's an option that we all have. So why would one-fifth of our population produce half of the babies? Because they are not financially responsible for them--the taxpayer is, the same taxpayers who wish they could afford to have a larger family, but can't.

Forum List

Back