Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

The day them rich folks stop getting the best of the deals from the govt. will be the day I concur that all folks should pull their own weight..

What best deals would that be?
We can start with bailouts and work our way to tax deductions and rebates..Then move on to cronyism and the big bucks of being in the right crowd for employment and high wage earnings...

I am opposed to killing babies. I think if you need birth control you should pay for it. Planned Abortion instead of Parenthood should stop doing abortions on my dime. I am not opposed to sex education, and I don't think I am alone. That makes you totally confused, doesn't it? I guess truth hurts.

You do not pay for Planned Parenthood abortions.

How do you figure that? Liberal BS????

How can one separate funds that all go into an entity and say X money is going for this and X money is going for that? You can't. It's impossible.
It's called accounting. Funds from one source may be used for certain activities. funds from other sources may be used for other activities.Funds from the government can't be used for abortion. It's called the Hyde amendment.

It's called ridiculous.

It reminds me of years ago when people were pushing the lottery in our state. There were pro's and con's to the idea. They finally convinced people that the lottery was a good idea since 10% went to fund Ohio schools.

So 10% did go to fund the schools, and then the state pulled out their funding for the schools. So technically, did the lottery fund our schools? Yes they did, but the schools were no better or worse than before.

Planned Parenthood gets money from various sources. It's impossible to separate government money from other money because it all goes to one place. Oh, sure they can put whatever they want on paper, but once government stops funding for PP, You will see a reduction in abortions they perform.
Sure, because they'll have to use money they get from other sources to perform the functions they used to do with government funding.

What they will have to do is reduce all service period including abortion. Either that, or they will keep abortions the same and reduce all other services.

The day them rich folks stop getting the best of the deals from the govt. will be the day I concur that all folks should pull their own weight..

What best deals would that be?
We can start with bailouts and work our way to tax deductions and rebates..Then move on to cronyism and the big bucks of being in the right crowd for employment and high wage earnings...

You said deals from the government. What does government have to do with being in the right crowd?

Tax deductions and rebates are people keeping more of their own money, it's not getting a deal from government.

When Democrats talk about taking care of people, they mean taking care of them with other people's money, not their own.
I have no problem paying taxes to help support my fellow American's health, especially for the kids....I was raised around a fellow that said it was best, his name was Jesus Christ..

Jesus Christ taught us to help those who could not help themselves--not those who could help themselves...... especially to other people's money.
I don't know of too many kids that can take care of themselves..

We're not talking about the kids, we are talking about the parents. If you really want to help the kids in the future, then support taking kids away from parents that can't afford to have or raise them. That will cut down unwanted pregnancies by at least 50%.
I'm not an ass when it comes to judging folks because they don't live a standard you require...

My only standard is don't use taxpayer money to get the things you want in life.

I have no problem paying taxes to help support my fellow American's health, especially for the kids....I was raised around a fellow that said it was best, his name was Jesus Christ..

Jesus Christ taught us to help those who could not help themselves--not those who could help themselves...... especially to other people's money.
I don't know of too many kids that can take care of themselves..

We're not talking about the kids, we are talking about the parents. If you really want to help the kids in the future, then support taking kids away from parents that can't afford to have or raise them. That will cut down unwanted pregnancies by at least 50%.
I'm not an ass when it comes to judging folks because they don't live a standard you require...

My only standard is don't use taxpayer money to get the things you want in life.
But only for those on welfare, not the upper crust folks..I know..

Are you folks even aware that the US has the highest rate of women's death in childbirth in the first world, as well as the highest rate of infant mortality?

Sassy says the poor ought to be using all that free birth control that's "everywhere". Birth control fails - often. Half of the women who have abortions were using birth control when they hit pregnant.

Conservatives don't want the poor to have babies, but they don't want the poor to have abortions either. Given the frequency with which BC fails, what you're really saying is that poor people shouldn't have sex because that's the only way they're not going to get pregnant.

Good luck with that one.

That is bullshit and you know it! They just don't want to admit that they didn't bother taking precautions and wound up pregnant. It is pure laziness and there is no excuse for it.

If you are on the pill and think it is not working, use a condom too! Better safe than sorry!

Are you folks even aware that the US has the highest rate of women's death in childbirth in the first world, as well as the highest rate of infant mortality?

Sassy says the poor ought to be using all that free birth control that's "everywhere". Birth control fails - often. Half of the women who have abortions were using birth control when they hit pregnant.

Conservatives don't want the poor to have babies, but they don't want the poor to have abortions either. Given the frequency with which BC fails, what you're really saying is that poor people shouldn't have sex because that's the only way they're not going to get pregnant.

Good luck with that one.

Ahhh shaddup with your leftist gobbly gook

Combined contraceptive pill: more than 99% effective if taken correctly

Funny, my daughter was taking that pill, correctly too, and she's about to have another baby. It didn't work.

Not all women can take BC pills. Quite a few face adverse reactions to the Pill.

But keep believe the bullshit lies.

Should have used another method also.

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid
Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

I am opposed to killing babies. I think if you need birth control you should pay for it. Planned Abortion instead of Parenthood should stop doing abortions on my dime. I am not opposed to sex education, and I don't think I am alone. That makes you totally confused, doesn't it? I guess truth hurts.

How can one separate funds that all go into an entity and say X money is going for this and X money is going for that? You can't. It's impossible.
It's called accounting. Funds from one source may be used for certain activities. funds from other sources may be used for other activities.Funds from the government can't be used for abortion. It's called the Hyde amendment.

Wow! You actually know less about this topic than you do on most of the ones you comment on! I am impressed!

It's called ridiculous.

It reminds me of years ago when people were pushing the lottery in our state. There were pro's and con's to the idea. They finally convinced people that the lottery was a good idea since 10% went to fund Ohio schools.

So 10% did go to fund the schools, and then the state pulled out their funding for the schools. So technically, did the lottery fund our schools? Yes they did, but the schools were no better or worse than before.

Planned Parenthood gets money from various sources. It's impossible to separate government money from other money because it all goes to one place. Oh, sure they can put whatever they want on paper, but once government stops funding for PP, You will see a reduction in abortions they perform.
When Texas shut down Planned Parenthood, there was an increase in teenage pregnancy.

Of course, their free abortions went away and they were too lazy to use birth control.

It's called ridiculous.

When Texas shut down Planned Parenthood, there was an increase in teenage pregnancy.

Of course, their free abortions went away and they were too lazy to use birth control.
Some folks can't seem to figure out how that happens...

Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

Wow! You actually know less about this topic than you do on most of the ones you comment on! I am impressed!
Well, if the Hyde amendment doesn't work, why do Repugs spend so much time and energy renewing it every year? Why do they want to make it permanent if it doesn't work?

When you realize that a very large number of those babies will grow up to be dependent on the government for everything, it almost makes a pretty convincing case for Planned Parenthood.

peepwalla.gif
No, it really doesn't. Planned Parenthood is just a chop shop. They encourage behavior that results in pregnancy, so they can make money by terminating those pregnancies.

Well, if the Hyde amendment doesn't work, why do Repugs spend so much time and energy renewing it every year? Why do they want to make it permanent if it doesn't work?

It just makes Planned Parenthood and similar organizations be a little more creative in their bookkeeping!

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid

Sorry bub I don't even have to read the article it's not all poor people without a job that get medicaid for the
first year of life. I know for a fact in my state regardless if the woman makes $50,000 or $5,000 a year if they have no insurance the baby is born with Medicaid and normally stays on a year or two. So your bullshit article of lazy no good poor people is wrong. And it's been run by republicans for many years and also red.
Actually, that statement does nothing to disprove the theory that losers who can't afford babies are on medicaid having babies they can't afford. You just sort of said "yeah everybody is on medicaid and that's proof that they aren't losers". No, it doesn't prove that at all.

That's like saying "Everybody has syphillis, obviously it isn't sexually transmitted."

I blame public indoctrination for your stupidity.

Or get an abortion ?

Medicaid pays for birth control...nice try

Which you are against I'm sure . Well righties want people to get married and have lots of babies . And righties tell young couples not to get Obamacare plans , even though it covers child birth.

So what's your plan???

Be responsible, you idiot. Birth control is everywhere at no charge, USE IT!!!

Good grief do you ever think before you post? If you're on Medicaid don't get PG you're in no financial shape to be raising kids. Trust me it takes a ton of money.

Typical conservatives. You have all kinds of opinions but no SOLUTIONS!

Their solution is to let them die or force the father to work 3 jobs.

Conservatives are fucking evil

Die of what? Who is killing them for not having insurance?

oh yeah. Progressives. And you think we're evil, lol.

Maybe you'd prefer that all those Medicaid babies had been aborted?

Or taken away for adoption. If you take the incentive away of having children on government programs, that will greatly reduce the amount of people having kids while on Medicaid.

Who's going to adopt half of the children born in the US? You already have hundreds of thousands of kids growing up in foster care because there aren't enough families who want to adopt them.

Where are you going to find enough middle class families to take all these kids in year after year?
Liar.

We have kids in foster care because the state yanks them from their families with no intention of adopting them out. They just want to house them somewhere else, while retaining all control over them and their hapless parents.

And there are WAITING LISTS of middle class parents who want to adopt, that the state will not allow to adopt.

Dumbass. Lie less.

Forum List

Back