Over half of Trump voters favor suspending elections

mamooth

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2012
Only one side is composed of authoritarian democracy-haters, and it's the Trump side. Needless to say, almost all of the Trump supporters here are in the group that enthusiastically supports terminating American democracy.

Opinion | This brutal new poll shows that Trump’s safe space is shrinking

---
Claims of large-scale voter fraud are not true, but that has not stopped a substantial number of Republicans from believing them. But how far would Republicans be willing to follow the president to stop what they perceive as rampant fraud? Our recent survey suggests that the answer is quite far: About half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 presidential election until the country can fix this problem.
---

If some mealymouthed Trump-shill pretending not to be a Trump-shill now wants to jump in with their "Waaaa! Democrats are just as bad!" mewling, they can save their fingers and just copy "My usual both-sides-do-it phony equivalence bullshit".

Last edited:
It's already been posted. I bet if the Washington Post carefully crafted a question about whether Obama should postpone an election if evangelical Christians were authorized to post the Ten Commandments at a polling place the answer would be better than half in the affirmative. The poll is phony, the Post is biased and the idiots who post this junk are a bunch of angry incoherent fools.

It's already been posted. I bet if the Washington Post carefully crafted a question about whether Obama should postpone an election if evangelical Christians were authorized to post the Ten Commandments at a polling place the answer would be better than half in the affirmative. The poll is phony, the Post is biased and the idiots who post this junk are a bunch of angry incoherent fools.

I doubt if the poll is either fake or biased. Trump is not about democracy nor are those who support him.

There is no American Democracy. We are a Republic. Republic and Democracy are not synonymous.

When are you going to realize that polls are pointless? No one will postpone an election

Postpone it!?

Hell, I say we eliminate presidential elections altogether now.

There is no American Democracy. We are a Republic. Republic and Democracy are not synonymous.

When are you going to realize that polls are pointless? No one will postpone an election

Yeah we are a republic when republicans are in power but we suddenly change to a democracy when a democrat is. Spare me

Half the the GOP are fear mongered/misinformed/brainwashed and will believe anything about opponents. Seems Trump will too...

A republic is defined as a representative democracy. WTH are dupes trying to prove with your statement anyway?

Let's revisit voter fraud right after the 2020 Dem Candidate loses CA because Illegals can't vote

Yeah we are a republicwhen republicans are in power but we suddenly change to a democracy when a democrat is. Spare me
The country was started as a republic moron and still is.

Let's revisit voter fraud right after the 2020 Dem Candidate loses CA because Illegals can't vote

Illegals didn't vote last time. But let's revisit voter fraud after you get struck by lightning. Because that's the chances of it really happening.

Yeah we are a republicwhen republicans are in power but we suddenly change to a democracy when a democrat is. Spare me

Apparently you dumb asses don't' seem to understand that our right to elect is a constitutional requirement of this republic.

Apparently you dumb asses don't' seem to understand that our right to elect is a constitutional requirement of this republic.
And we did! It's you retards that refuse the results.

Only one side is composed of authoritarian democracy-haters, and it's the Trump side. Needless to say, almost all of the Trump supporters here are in the group that enthusiastically supports terminating American democracy.

Opinion | This brutal new poll shows that Trump’s safe space is shrinking

---
Claims of large-scale voter fraud are not true, but that has not stopped a substantial number of Republicans from believing them. But how far would Republicans be willing to follow the president to stop what they perceive as rampant fraud? Our recent survey suggests that the answer is quite far: About half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 presidential election until the country can fix this problem.
---

If some mealymouthed Trump-shill pretending not to be a Trump-shill now wants to jump in with their "Waaaa! Democrats are just as bad!" mewling, they can save their fingers and just copy "My usual both-sides-do-it phony equivalence bullshit".

If the number were 12% or 15% you'd think "ok some of these people are just whacko and they in fact don't believe in democracy anyway and wouldn't be upset if it were done away with as long as they get the dictator they want. But it's 50% of Republicans. That is more than telling that these people en masse aren't too worried about the democracy ending. They don't care as long as 'their side' wins.

This in fact is how most democracies end. When one faction decides they cannot live with any compromise any more they take it on themselves to do away with compromise and instead support a government, usually a strongman, that will force their will on the rest of the population. We see many instances of this in Central and South America the last 50 years.

America is no more immune to this than any other country. It would just more far uglier because 'the rest of the population' isn't going to sit down for it. There will be blood.

You're actually going on the internets to claim "the poll is phony" on the basis of "I bet if they polled about O'bama, X would happen"?

And that -- your own speculation that you just made up --- makes this poll from real life, "phony", does it?

Not the brightest bulb in the light tower are ya.

Yeah we are a republic when republicans are in power but we suddenly change to a democracy when a democrat is. Spare me

Um no... We are a republic until the constitution is abolished

Forum List

Back