Owen Labrie, Harsh Penalty for shagging 15 yo, He was 18

Teen sex should not be criminalized
I don't agree with that. If you have a 14 year old daughter, for example, you want to know that the law is helping you in your effort to protect her from predators. 2 or 3 years most people understand, but what if it's a 19 year old seducing a 13 year old girl?

With that said however, I think a little jail time is fine, but the sex registry is over the top barbaric.

So if your 14 year old daughter shacks up with a 17 year old Junior it is OK, but if she shacks up with an 18 year old Senior it is a felony
My view is very mainstream. Nobody wants young lovers to go to jail because one of them is over an imaginary line, but when the age difference starts becoming 4-6 years, then it stops being teenage mutual frolicking and starts becoming predatory behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/30/us/owen-labrie-st-pauls-school-sentencing.html?_r=0

This is why sometimes I can't stand the law. The felony is for using a computer? not the actual act?
The jury nullified stat rape or he would have been in prison for 11 years. At least someone was looking out for him if not this Nazi judge.
In his case it was just plain old rape. When the girl says no, that's it, boys...

For once i agree 100% with you.
You're both 'substandard' {mod}. Statutory rape can never be considered 'just plain old rape'.

I hope you both understand exactly what I mean by 'substandard'. It is in fact the height of 'substandardness' to make such a statement.

It wasn't statutory. According to every bit of evidence I have seen it was rape pure and simple. Like I said the little asshole got off lucky and the poor girl no doubt is now set up for life and no longer needs to ever have to find a job. That's how the rich handle things. That or they just have their enemy killed.
The jury acquitted on that charge, so you're wrong.

The jury nullified stat rape or he would have been in prison for 11 years. At least someone was looking out for him if not this Nazi judge.
In his case it was just plain old rape. When the girl says no, that's it, boys...

You're both 'substandard' {mod}. Statutory rape can never be considered 'just plain old rape'.

I hope you both understand exactly what I mean by 'substandard'. It is in fact the height of 'substandardness' to make such a statement.

It wasn't statutory. According to every bit of evidence I have seen it was rape pure and simple. Like I said the little asshole got off lucky and the poor girl no doubt is now set up for life and no longer needs to ever have to find a job. That's how the rich handle things. That or they just have their enemy killed.

Yes, they did. A jury acquitted OJ too. Your point?

My point? It wasn't "plain old rape". I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what rape is.

I point this out with a heavy heart. I am not happy with the dumbing down of America:

Judge Lawrence Smukler said he rejects Labrie’s defense argument that the jury found the teenagers had consensual sex.

“This was not consensual. You did not take the time to get to know the victim to know how she reacts to various things,” Smukler said as he announced the sentence. “The very reason it is a crime is a child, someone under the age of consent, is not sufficiently mature to handle a sexual situation with an older person.'

He was 18, she, 15.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/30/us/owen-labrie-st-pauls-school-sentencing.html?_r=0

This is why sometimes I can't stand the law. The felony is for using a computer? not the actual act?

Unlike the good ol' days, they don't kill much any more. Easier to pay people off it seems. I miss the good ol' days :)

My point? It wasn't "plain old rape". I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what rape is.

Did the girl say "no".

Unlike the good ol' days, they don't kill much any more. Easier to pay people off it seems. I miss the good ol' days :)
Actually murder was against the law in the good ol' days too. A good ass kicking might have been overlooked though and that's what this kid really deserves.

Don't bet any money on that.

Did the girl say "no".
No she didn't. There sex was mutual. The judge's position was that the girl wasn't mature enough to know what she was consenting to.

Did you actually read the article?

We have turned into a country of self-righteous pussies, mod excluded of course.

Don't bet any money on that.

Medicate all the crazy people you used to pay to do that sort of thing. Really hard finidng eager volunteers nowadays.

We have turned into a country of self-righteous pussies, mod excluded of course.

Not a mod if not acting in mod-capacity is my reading of the rules. Wanna weigh in on threads and be a dick you can. But we can treat you like we do each other too is my reading of the Rules. :)

Did the girl say "no".
No she didn't. There sex was mutual. The judge's position was that the girl wasn't mature enough to know what she was consenting to.

When you call someone stupid you should make sure you understand the proper usage of the English language there bucko. It is "THEIR", not "THERE".

You're excused.

And yes, I did read the link. Did you miss this part?

"Judge Lawrence Smukler said he rejects Labrie’s defense argument that the jury found the teenagers had consensual sex."

Last edited:

Not a mod if not acting in mod-capacity is my reading of the rules. Wanna weigh in on threads and be a dick you can. But we can treat you like we do each other too is my reading of the Rules. :)
Good to know. I amend my previous comments and add that West is a self-righteous pussy.

Did the girl say "no".

Their sex was not mutual...

"She said she agreed to meet Labrie, who was a popular student and captain of the soccer team, and took off her clothes down to her underwear. She told the jury she asked him to stop him when he went around her underwear and had sex with her, but froze and did not try to escape."
Owen Labrie sentenced to a year in jail for prep school sex assault

Good to know. I amend my previous comments and add that West is a self-righteous pussy.

Long as it stays like a user vs user exchange it's in the rules. If during such exchanges, you break a rule and he 'puts his mod hat on' then you're in jeopardy as I myself was during the summer. :)

Did the girl say "no".
She did not have the legal right to say 'yes' is the point.

Forum List

Back