Owen Labrie, Harsh Penalty for shagging 15 yo, He was 18

Neither one of them listened.

The black girl didn't listen to the cop to get out the seat and the white dude didn't listen...to the word No and raped a child.

The OP defends the rapist and has a furious anger at the girl.

Rape? Big deal

The boy is a scoundrel. The crime is really seduction. None of which requires lifetime registration as a sex offender.

That was based on what the girl said, then I looked up the actual conviction. The jury saw it as two kids down to their undies and it went too far. That's weak, but it works okay considering it's mostly a he said-she said. Now it's rape, not so pure and simple. Feel better?
The question is if you do. Do you feel comfortable with labeling an 18 year old as a rapist, 'pure and simple' for doing a 15 year old?
The way he did, more or less.

Police interactions have nothing to do with it.

We'll just stop right there because the Ben Fields case was resisting arrest. This wasn't. The comparison dies right there.

Yeah but you wanted the book thrown at her and her parents, etc. But this guy you think should be granted special treatment for rape and even brought up his crying mama who o viously didn't raise him to know No means No but you defend him.

The boy is a scoundrel. The crime is really seduction. None of which requires lifetime registration as a sex offender.
Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF

Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF
No. Not now. It was a crime at one time. It was a crime for a man to lie to a woman or make promises with no intent to perform in order to get sex. Which is what this cad did. Crime was worse if the girl was a virgin.

This air headed girl was flattered as a freshman, to have a senior pay attention to her.

She said that she stripped to her bra and panties, then said stop. The boy said she never said stop. The judge did not find her statement credible. That's why the more serious charges were dismissed.

You might be persuaded that a girl has the right to say stop at any time. Yes. She does. Then what? Stop but I want to loll around on your bed in bra and panties? No. Stop. Take your hands off me is immediately followed by putting your clothes on and getting the hell out of there.

The girl has just as much responsibility for what happened as he does.

Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF
No. Not now. It was a crime at one time. It was a crime for a man to lie to a woman or make promises with no intent to perform in order to get sex. Which is what this cad did. Crime was worse if the girl was a virgin.

This air headed girl was flattered as a freshman, to have a senior pay attention to her.

She said that she stripped to her bra and panties, then said stop. The boy said she never said stop. The judge did not find her statement credible. That's why the more serious charges were dismissed.

You might be persuaded that a girl has the right to say stop at any time. Yes. She does. Then what? Stop but I want to loll around on your bed in bra and panties? No. Stop. Take your hands off me is immediately followed by putting your clothes on and getting the hell out of there.

We'll never know if he really raped her forcibly or not. The further down the road of consent a girl goes, the less proof she has that consent was not given and the more proof that she wanted sex. No doubt the jury was read the transcripts of the internet conversation in which she expressed eagerness to have sex and weighed that against her claim that she changed her mind. This case isn't an example of the justice system failing, it's an example of it working just fine. The fucked up part came in the sentencing phase. He doesn't deserve to be branded a dangerous predator his entire life.

Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF

We'll never know if he really raped her forcibly or not. The further down the road of consent a girl goes, the less proof she has that consent was not given and the more proof that she wanted sex. No doubt the jury was read the transcripts of the internet conversation in which she expressed eagerness to have sex and weighed that against her claim that she changed her mind. This case isn't an example of the justice system failing, it's an example of it working just fine. The fucked up part came in the sentencing phase. He doesn't deserve to be branded a dangerous predator his entire life.
He didn't forcibly rape her. That was never even charged. You're right though, he should never have been put on a sex offender registry at all much less for life.

He will be able to petition for removal. Count on it.

Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF

Of a child? Yes. Ask Jared

He was not charged with seduction. The crime of seduction, like alienation of affection hasn't been a crime for many years.

At one time if a spouse was unfaithful, the innocent spouse could sue the lover for alienation of affection and get money damages.

VERY controversial. A lifetime as a "sexual predator" for shagging another teenager 3 years younger?

Bull

Effing

Shit!

Creeps like this guy who get away with shit like this, will in fact go on to spend a lifetime abusing women, not only sexually, but in every way imaginable. Just saying..
I wonder how old some of those little teenage girls were at his buddy's mansion providing 'sex vacations' on the tropical island Bill Clinton used to frequent were?

It does seem harsh to beat up a young Catholic kid for this stuff when (female) teachers often get away with molesting underage kids. A freaking Mass. congressman (Gary Studds) received a standing ovation from democrats after he was convicted of sex with an underage (male) page a couple of years ago. The worst mass shooting by a single shooter in history happened because the local (Blackburg) Va. Police refused to arrest a Korean born maniac for stalking female students because he was a Va. Tech. student. I bet if the kid wasn't Catholic and was trolling the computer for homosexual sex he would have gotten off. The double standard is everywhere.

VERY controversial. A lifetime as a "sexual predator" for shagging another teenager 3 years younger?

Bull

Effing

Shit!

Creeps like this guy who get away with shit like this, will in fact go on to spend a lifetime abusing women, not only sexually, but in every way imaginable. Just saying..
I wonder how old some of those little teenage girls were at his buddy's mansion providing 'sex vacations' on the tropical island Bill Clinton used to frequent were?

I already made my point.

There's nothing that says maybe she led him on and changed her mind later. Fifteen year olds have been known to be little sluts, you know. Ever notice how they dress these days, and their moms, too, don't set a good example. Some people get what they asked for sometimes. Engage brain once in awhile, huh?

There's nothing that says maybe she led him on and changed her mind later. Fifteen year olds have been known to be little sluts, you know. Ever notice how they dress these days, and their moms, too, don't set a good example. Some people get what they asked for sometimes. Engage brain once in awhile, huh?
When the girl says stop, that's it, nothing else matters. Now you know.

Interestingly enough, had he told her to put her clothes on and get the fuck out, her life at that school would have been over. She'd be another teased suicide statistic.

Seduction is a crime??
sorry-20.GIF

He didn't forcibly rape her. That was never even charged. You're right though, he should never have been put on a sex offender registry at all much less for life.

He will be able to petition for removal. Count on it.
I hope so. It depends on how the law was written, whether it provided a venue for contesting it. I think federal courts are going to have to overturn parts of the sex offender registry laws in order to free innocent people caught in its clutches.

Rape.

If a dude three years older than the 15 year old meets her in normal life and things get wild, that's one thing.
To deliberately hunt a girl for sex to prove you're manhood to your mates is another.

He fucked, now he's fucked.
No worries.

Forum List

Back