Owning Guns Doesn't Preserve Freedom

I get a kick out of visualizing the gun nut fantasy world, in which, he and his militia buddies stand against the United States Army, fully expecting that, either:
1) The Army will be intimated by their AR-15's and retreat or surrender, or,
2) They will somehow defeat the United States army, and survive the experience.

For these people, I suggest that they Google "Waco"

Another lib who seems to think we should fear the US military.
Psssssst......here's a little secret. They would be on our side.

Balls -

I don't think guns are inherently evil - but I do think that Mexico would be a much, much, much safer country if they could reduce the amount of guns in play.

You can talk about guns defending freedom all you like - but what freedom did they 22,000 Mexicans killed last year have?

Most killings in mexico are drug related. Wouldnt you want a weapon to defend yourself from these thugs?
If mexican citizens were armed do you really believe the cartels could act the way they do?
They have no fear of the populace because they cant fight back.
Why is this so hard to understand?

Balls -

I don't think guns are inherently evil - but I do think that Mexico would be a much, much, much safer country if they could reduce the amount of guns in play.

You can talk about guns defending freedom all you like - but what freedom did they 22,000 Mexicans killed last year have?

Most killings in mexico are drug related. Wouldnt you want a weapon to defend yourself from these thugs?
If mexican citizens were armed do you really believe the cartels could act the way they do?

The Mexican drug cartels are virtual armies, armed with grenades, rocket launchers...whatever they need.

If you think a person can defend themselves against an army with whatever weapon you like - I suggest you try it.

I get a kick out of visualizing the gun nut fantasy world, in which, he and his militia buddies stand against the United States Army, fully expecting that, either:

No, they wouldn't.

Then wtf are people so paranoid about? :confused:

It simply amazes Me the lengths that people will go to just to justify their fear and willingness to put on the chains of slavery to government.

Exactly - and this really nails it.

What exactly is this weird fear of government based on?

When was the last time an American government set out to enslave people? It's just bonkers.

There's an old story about a corrupt mayor in a little town in Mexico. One day the Mayor had his brains blown out by an assassin on the town hall steps. Not much corruption has gone on since.

It's interesting that you choose one of the most violent countries on earth as your example. I believe more than 22,000 Mexicans were murdered last year - and you story explains why.

Yes, and it has very strict gun control laws.

Ha! And yes - the Mexican drug cartels observe those laws, I'm sure.

Honestly, don't you cringe when you post nonsense like that?

Balls -

The Mexican drug cartels are virtual armies, armed with grenades, rocket launchers...whatever they need.

If you think a person can defend themselves against an army with whatever weapon you like - I suggest you try it.

The colonists defeated the most powerful army in the world.

Balls -

which is why we the people should be armed with grenades, rocket launchers and what ever we need. just like the 2nd amendment intended. see you just pointed out a perfect example of how gun control only puts the law abiding citizen at a disadvantage. it sure hasn't stopped the drug cartels though. the laws don't work

exactly. rebels in egypt, libya, cuba, have all overthrown powerful armies. and our 2nd amendment was written so we the people never had to be at a disadvantage to our government again. So why is GOVERNMENT trying so hard to put us at a disadvantage?

which is why we the people should be armed with grenades, rocket launchers and what ever we need. just like the 2nd amendment intended. /QUOTE]

Ha! Yes, I am sure the founding fathers hoped everyone in the country would follow their lead and buy a rocket launcher.

It simply amazes Me the lengths that people will go to just to justify their fear and willingness to put on the chains of slavery to government.

When was the last time an American government set out to enslave people? It's just bonkers.

Debt, worthless laws, horrible policies, lies, corruption and we're the beneficiaries of such incompetence and ineptitude. What's bonkers?

which is why we the people should be armed with grenades, rocket launchers and what ever we need. just like the 2nd amendment intended. /QUOTE]

Ha! Yes, I am sure the founding fathers hoped everyone in the country would follow their lead and buy a rocket launcher.

i'm sure they did, given they put NO limitations on what the people could own.

exactly. rebels in egypt, libya, cuba, have all overthrown powerful armies. and our 2nd amendment was written so we the people never had to be at a disadvantage to our government again. So why is GOVERNMENT trying so hard to put us at a disadvantage?

Elitist govt attitudes and we're the serfs, we can't think for ourselves, we're too stupid.....and other assorted tales. One has to wonder if the british crown, circa 1700's, was this conceited.

what amazes me more is you liberal dinks can sit there and claim the obama administration is actually doing a good job. seriously, you got 8 more years of bush. but now you love it.

a faultering economy, high unemployment, overpriced healthcare, government writing seperate laws for themselves and for the public, a devalueing dollar, wastefull spending, out of control immigration, rewarding illegals while we penalize our seniors and own citizens, attacking our rights, and expanding federal government. do you want more reasons? I mean i could overload the bandwith of this site

Spooon -

I don't think things are going well in the US at all - I totally understand your concerns about unemployment etc, although I also have to point out that anything thinking person can see the US stats are often better than countries with conservative governments.

But I would rather put my faith in democracy than I would in a group of inbred hillbilly Deliverance fans in fake military uniforms, no matter how many guns they own. Do you really think a militia government is going to give a shit about your freedom?

btw. Don't forget to go back to the thread where you posted your communist manifesto!

Last edited:
Toughest Gun Laws in the nation. 23 shot in One Day in Chicago. Time to stop thinking and behaving like the children following the Pied Piper down into the river at Hamelin. Obama's push for gun control is only about two things, the upcoming confiscation of the nation's savers bank accounts and wealth and the naming of himself as dictator and president for life. Obama is a bigger threat to Liberty, Freedom, the Republic and the Constitution than Hitler, Stalin, Tojo, Kruschev, King George IIIrd, or the Kaiser ever presented

10-year-old boy among victims as more than 20 shot on one Chicago day - U.S. News

Spooon -

I don't thinks are going well in the US at all - I totally understand your concerns about unemployment etc, although I also have to point out that anything thinking person can see the US stats are often better than countries with conservative governments.

But I would rather put my face in democracy than I would in a group of inbred hillbilly Deliverance fans, no matter how many guns they own.

Do you really think a militia government is going to give a shit about your freedom?

btw. Don't forget to go back to the thread where you posted your communist manifesto!

a militia government is what founded this country. so yes i do.

I nominate this post for the Spammy Award for the most delusion post of the day!!!!!!!!

Spooon -

I don't think things are going well in the US at all - I totally understand your concerns about unemployment etc, although I also have to point out that anything thinking person can see the US stats are often better than countries with conservative governments.

But I would rather put my faith in democracy than I would in a group of inbred hillbilly Deliverance fans in fake military uniforms, no matter how many guns they own. Do you really think a militia government is going to give a shit about your freedom?

The irony is just too much. You have a thread asking why conservatives hate liberals and then say you do not see an 'in kind' reply from liberals.

Yet here you are, unprovoked, insulting as many people as you can who do not agree with your point of view.

You remind Me of the guy who, with all sincerity, says, "I haven't insulted any rednecks for years!"

:cool:

Forum List

Back