Packers at Seahawks

Mainly because it is too hot to open it....

In the summer sure....November and December not so much. It's pretty good beach weather in Phoenix during those months actually....too bad all the water in Arizona is on the Ocotillo Golf Course

as I said,who would have ever figured outside the seahawk players themselves,they would have scored two touchdowns in a span of 44 seconds? man what was up with wilson and kearse,their minds were not into this game at all. was wilson thinking about his divorce or something and kearse was bummed about it as well?

cant really use rain as an excuse as someone else said,it rained in boston as well and Brady didn't have any problems

and wtf was wrong with the defense,they went back to their old ways of getting no pressure on the quarterback at all.One thing that IS certain is if they play like that against the CHEATRIOTS who belicheat is now associated with DEFLATE BALL now as well for his legacy,they play like that then it will be a long day for them.

they come out and have two turnovers like that,the pats will score TOUCHDOWNS out of them,not mere field goals.if they have to count on an onside kick late in the game as well to win,they wont get lucky again TWICE in a row.the are going to have to play the way they know how to like they did in the opener against the packers to win it all again.
Didn't it rain during most of the game in Foxboro, didn't seems to have an effect on New England. Don't know what the Colts excuse was, but if you go to a Indianapolis Colts site, well I think you can hear plenty.

Yes, and I don't know how badly it was raining. I am just saying it rained like hell in Seattle and it affected Rodgers too. People are so busy railing on Wilson for his performance most of the game but seem to be overlooking that Rodgers didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Wet balls slip out of hands. Quarterbacks can't grip wet balls as well as dry balls and it affects their touch. When the field is wet a quarterback can't plant their feet as well and deliver a crisp pass. I have seen Wilson play in rain like that before and he struggled then too. I don't anticipate a whole lot of rain in the desert.

Doesn't matter as Glendale is a dome stadium.

Retractable roof actually...although I have never been in it when the roof was actually opened up.

Do you think they will open the roof if it is raining so both teams will feel at home.

:lol: You know I have been to a lot of games in that stadium and not once was I there when the roof was opened...not even when it was beautiful outside. I don't know why they put in a retractable roof if they never retract it

The natural turf needs sun.

But back to the rain...
The rain and wind in Seattle was nasty - it came and went numerous times and then-----and then, wonder of wonders the rain and wind let up at the end of the game.

Foxboro's weather was apparently (I say apparently because I can't find anything about variable conditions in Foxboro).

Which brings me to another pet peeve of mine - When ranking great quarterbacks career statistics, I have a problem putting indoor/controlled environment/ warm weather quarterbacks in the same group as quarterbacks that spent their careers competing, not only with their opponents, but the elements in Northern tier stadiums.

Not to say Drew Brees, Peyton Manning etc. aren't great quarterbacks but-----but Brett Favre, Jim Kelly, Tom Brady, and even Joe Montana who played in the Candlestick wind tunnel, etc. put up great numbers without the benefit of perfect conditions for at least-----at least half their games.

indoor stadiums - Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Arizona, Indianapolis and Houston.

Pats, Seahawks weather challenges

January 20, 2015
By Gregg Easterbrook
ESPN.com

<snip>

Weather conditions dictated a strange first half at Seattle, where Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson, entering the contest with six total career postseason interceptions, threw five interceptions in that half alone. Both teams dropped passes as receivers couldn't hold slick footballs. One Wilson interception looked like a deep completion when released, then was held up by a gust of wind. Rodgers threw a pick on a play that began just as the rain increased considerably. Both quarterbacks had trouble releasing the ball cleanly and missed open receivers. The second half saw four dropped passes, a dropped interception by Green Bay and a muffed catch of an onside kick.

Game conditions went from rain to sun then rain
then sun then hard rain then stiff wind

then calm.

When weather-based luck favored Green Bay in the first half -- helping the Packers to four Seattle turnovers and a 16-0 lead at intermission -- the visitors seemed to grow overconfident and not consider that weather-based luck might go Seattle's way later. The drop-off in rain and wind arrived just as the Hawks' furious comeback began.

At New England, rain was a factor in five first-half dropped passes, a muffed fair catch and a badly off-target field goal into wind. The Patriots won so decisively that the weather was irrelevant by the end. If this had been a high school game, it would have gone to running clock early in the fourth quarter.

But in the first half, when the contest was close, Indianapolis seemed totally flummoxed to be playing in rain and wind rather than the ideal conditions the Colts are accustomed to.

<snip>

My god what an epic collapse by GB. Not sure I've ever seen one this bad.
Reviewing some of the game, at the 2:11 to go mark GB still had a 19-7 lead.

It's crazy how the bettors had the Hawks winning by 7 also. I'd like to see how their computers could have calculated the final score against what actually arrived at the same thing played out in real life.

Well the manner in which the game played out was impossible to predict. The rain had a lot to do with how both offenses played and how the game unfolded. Rain doesn't come through well on TV but I can tell you (as I live in the northwest...albeit a bit away from Seattle) that was wicked rain

Nonsense!

Portland rain is NOTHING like Seattle rain.

The whole Willamette valley is sitting atop thousands of feet of debris from some ancient flood. Without the dams that hold back the rivers up hill from Portland the whole place would wash away into the Pacific in a sea of mud about every 100 years..

Oregon recently had laws that made it illegal to pump your own gasoline into your own car.

These and other reasons make it entirely impossible to compare Seattle rain to that of dreary grey Portland.

As far as I know, pumping you own gas has never been legal in Oregon. I do know that it's been illegal at least since the early 70's when I started driving.

Oregon is a far left utopia. Full of idiots and retards. Did that help make the point? Though complaining about it from Washington State is a joke since they are the same now. LOL

Well although this thread has nothing to do with politics I can point out from a resident's perspective that Portland is a far left Utopia....the rest of the state is purple at best if not screaming red. It's just that the population of Portland is greater than the rest of the state combined so the rest of the state gets dragged kicking and screaming into whatever Portland wants. And that's all I will say about politics on this thread. Not sure what that has to do with rain either. :lol:

Don't forget Eugene, it's Berkeley Jr.

If I am not mistaken self service gas station were illegal in Washington State until an initiative was passed I believe in 1966 to overturn most state blue laws.

Well Jordy Nelson just got selected by Team Carter so I guess he gets to play in a Bowl game after all.

If I am not mistaken self service gas station were illegal in Washington State until an initiative was passed I believe in 1966 to overturn most state blue laws.

I was driving in 1964. You are wrong.

Oregon is a far left utopia. Full of idiots and retards. Did that help make the point? Though complaining about it from Washington State is a joke since they are the same now. LOL
Washington is even worse.

That's an ignorant statement. We have been trusted to pump our own gasoline since the invention of the automobile.
Regardless of gas pumping situation, Washington IMO is more blue than Oregon. Having said that, let there be no doubt Oregon is getting bluer every year.

Well since I was drafted into the military 1964 and was gone overseas I guess I will have to take your word on that. But I do remember gas station attendants.

Well since I was drafted into the military 1964 and was gone overseas I guess I will have to take your word on that. But I do remember gas station attendants.

Most people regarded the attendant at gas stations as a luxury. They also checked the oil, cleaned the windshield and checked the tire pressure. Union 76 was the last chain that had attendants. I liked to pump my own gas.

Forum List

Back