Paging anti death penalty libs

Even if that means 50 years of being raped and beaten in prison?

Nonsense, both are equally permanent. An 80 year old can't get their life back.

Prison is just a means of empowering the state. The prison/industrial complex is the greatest abuse in this nation. Drugs are illegal because we seek to support the prison/industrial complex - millions of lives are sacrificed to ensure this continues.

A system where prison is abolished, where only jails are used for short term incarceration pending trial, appeal and sentence, where the common sense punishments of corporal, restitution and death are all that is on the table, will cut about 90% of what goes through out criminal injustice system. We have a system designed for the benefit of the guards and the legal community, not for the benefit of society.

First off, not everyone is beaten or raped in prison. Secondly, we can only make value judgments for ourselves. One person might say he'd rather die than spend a protracted amount of time in prison, another might say the opposite. Regardless, If I'm still alive I can, at least theoretically, put some kind of life together. If I'm dead then I obviously have no shot whatsoever.

Allowing the state to decide who lives and dies is another means of empowering the state, and not one I'm comfortable with.

Good for you.

Yet I bet you support euthanasia and assisted suicide.

Go figure. Keep those criminals alive....but kill off anyone who's sick or mentally ill.

Nope.

Dont see how thats possible when it cost 600 bucks a day to hold an illegal alien.
So figure about 11 million bucks for 50 years of incarceration.
I would think they could kill a guy a little cheaper then that. Even with court cost.

Sure, just remove justice from the equation. Then you could just drag a suspect off and hang him. Rope is re-useable. Of course, you would be killing lots of innocent people, but WTH, you'd save a buck or 2. That's what is important. Hell, just get rid of the justice system altogether. Let the vigilantes sort it out.

Hey dumb fuck! Can you read? I said "even with court cost"

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting - WTOP.com

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

monsters like this killer are the reason we need the death penalty

But some libby needs his feel good moment.

I'm a conservative. In fact, I'm so conservative that I don't believe the government should have the power to kill anyone.

Self-righteous monsters like you are the reason we have on overbearing government.

I stand corrected. Regardless, a jury is a part of the court, which is a part of the state, and it wouldn't make a difference even if they weren't acting on behalf of the state. I don't think the issue of whether somebody lives or dies should be in the hands of anybody or any number of people.

I see it as a distinction without a difference.

A great man once said "Give me liberty or give me death." The power to take liberty is no less than the power to take life. Not in my view.

Defiant teen gets life sentences in Ohio shooting - WTOP.com

You really think society is better off with paying for this guy to live 70 years or more in prison than just having taken him out back and shot him?

monsters like this killer are the reason we need the death penalty

But some libby needs his feel good moment.

I think society is better off without giving the state the power to kill us.

That's just one good reason ,there are many.

Its better to let a 1000 guilty free then convict 1 innocent man,let alone kill one.

We make a mockery of the whole despicable practice. What the hell is up with swabbing the injection site with disinfectant,what possible sense does that make?? witnesses behind a curtain,any last words.

Disgusting!! ineffective and just plan wrong,now with that said,hard labor,right in with all the mother stabbers and father rapers. Hell I would even suport a set up like the French used for ever,a prison colony,drop them off with some fish hooks,line and pumpkin seeds and leave them to themselves.

Its better to let a 1000 guilty free then convict 1 innocent man,let alone kill one.

Victims like Poly Klause might disagree with you.

We make a mockery of the whole despicable practice. What the hell is up with swabbing the injection site with disinfectant,what possible sense does that make?? witnesses behind a curtain,any last words.

It is pretty bizarre.

Disgusting!!

In that brutal murderers are put down like a beloved family pet, but not that they are put down.

ineffective and just plan wrong,now with that said,hard labor,right in with all the mother stabbers and father rapers.

Death is 100% effective at stopping recidivism. It is also a good deterrent. Prior to the game of waiting 30 years to actually execute the convicted, death had a very strong deterrent effect.

Hell I would even suport a set up like the French used for ever,a prison colony,drop them off with some fish hooks,line and pumpkin seeds and leave them to themselves.

And a boat, and a map to the house of little girls having slumber parties......

First off, not everyone is beaten or raped in prison. Secondly, we can only make value judgments for ourselves. One person might say he'd rather die than spend a protracted amount of time in prison, another might say the opposite. Regardless, If I'm still alive I can, at least theoretically, put some kind of life together. If I'm dead then I obviously have no shot whatsoever.

Allowing the state to decide who lives and dies is another means of empowering the state, and not one I'm comfortable with.

Good for you.

Go figure. Keep those criminals alive....but kill off anyone who's sick or mentally ill.

Nope.

If by euthanasia you mean patients setting up advance directives stating that they don't want to be kept alive by artificial means, then yes, I am in favor of that. Assisted suicide? I think it would be unethical for a Doctor to assist in a suicide, as they are sworn to do no harm. I don't think suicide should be illegal though.

I stand corrected. Regardless, a jury is a part of the court, which is a part of the state, and it wouldn't make a difference even if they weren't acting on behalf of the state. I don't think the issue of whether somebody lives or dies should be in the hands of anybody or any number of people.

I see it as a distinction without a difference.

A great man once said "Give me liberty or give me death." The power to take liberty is no less than the power to take life. Not in my view.

No idea what you're trying to say there.

Good for you.

Nope.

If by euthanasia you mean patients setting up advance directives stating that they don't want to be kept alive by artificial means, then yes, I am in favor of that. Assisted suicide? I think it would be unethical for a Doctor to assist in a suicide, as they are sworn to do no harm. I don't think suicide should be illegal though.
Suicide isn't illegal in America.

Suicide isn't illegal in America.

However killing someone else usually is illegal in this country.

No idea what you're trying to say there.

I'm saying that the power to take the liberty of a man, to lock him into a gay dungeon of horrors for the rest of his life, is every bit as great as the power to take his life.

You support the power of the state to take liberty, permanently, but not life? I find this illogical and contradictory.

Victims like Poly Klause might disagree with you.

It is pretty bizarre.

In that brutal murderers are put down like a beloved family pet, but not that they are put down.

ineffective and just plan wrong,now with that said,hard labor,right in with all the mother stabbers and father rapers.

Death is 100% effective at stopping recidivism. It is also a good deterrent. Prior to the game of waiting 30 years to actually execute the convicted, death had a very strong deterrent effect.

Hell I would even suport a set up like the French used for ever,a prison colony,drop them off with some fish hooks,line and pumpkin seeds and leave them to themselves.

And a boat, and a map to the house of little girls having slumber parties......

And a boat, and a map to the house of little girls having slumber parties..

what?? what the hell is that ??

The death penalty dose not prevent murder as a deterrent,proven statistically over and over. Sure the one you kill won't again,but doesn't stop others,so ineffective.

Forum List

Back