• No.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Depends - Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Washington DC City Council is considering a proposal that would require employers to offer 16 weeks of paid family leave.

What are your thoughts on this?

Washington DC City Council is considering a proposal that would require employers to offer 16 weeks of paid family leave.

3 months?

nope, too long.

But I do believe in a Paid Family Leave policy.

Every time I visit the family, they pay me to leave.

16 weeks! Holy shit!
I get 3 weeks and I think that is plenty.
Sucks for employers. As usual...

Tyranny to buy votes.

paid leave is a fringe benefit to attract better workers, forcing people to pay someone for 4 month is fucking idiotic and nothing more.

Looking at it from a employees view. If you have to take care of a sick family member, how can you do that and have no income? Your job is protected (but, is it really... in the long run...)?

I would say paid leave for 4-6 weeks, then maybe 1/2 pay for another 4-6 weeks...

Shit like this is why small businesses are becoming more rare. I see a lot of empty buildings these days..

How are they going to fill those positions when people are absent for 4 months? Start hiring temporaries?

Looking at it from a employees view. If you have to take care of a sick family member, how can you do that and have no income? Your job is protected (but, is it really... in the long run...)?

I would say paid leave for 4-6 weeks, then maybe 1/2 pay for another 4-6 weeks...
no company can afford to stay in business so someone can feed granny soup for 4 months.

this would so be abused.

How are they going to fill those positions when people are absent for 4 months? Start hiring temporaries?

Good question - if I had to use FLMA I would not feel confident about my job going back. They would likely make your life a living hell. Not sure if they have to hold your same job or just one that is equal pay?

Good question - if I had to use FLMA I would not feel confident about my job going back. They would likely make your life a living hell. Not sure if they have to hold your same job or just one that is equal pay?
yo no se senorita

I'm an employee, so I say hell to the yeah!!! :rock:
Hopefully your company wouldn't shut down. lol

My company is a nationwide medical transcription company that does transcription for most major hospitals in the United States. I am considered a "subcontractor" so I don't even get paid holidays. I usually end up working on holidays unless I make arrangements 3 months in advance to take the day off, and then I can use PTO time for any other days off I need or want. I don't have a problem with that arrangement. I earned paid time off as I work.

yo no se senorita

Err, the same thing they do when a person takes a medical or other leave of absence? Of course, they wouldn't let ALL employees vacation the same time.

yo no se senorita

Err, the same thing they do when a person takes a medical or other leave of absence? Of course, they wouldn't let ALL employees vacation the same time.
We are talking months at a time.

yo no se senorita

Senorita I'm in trouble again, and I can't get free, Senorita! :D

Forum List

Back