Paid Trolls

I see it less of a case of paid trolls and more a case of obsessive people with limited imaginations.

I do find it interesting how many extremely partisan leftists have disappeared right after the election, however. One, in particular, would offer endless walls of text most commonly in the clean debate section, and the other would follow people around like a puppy harassing them with the "funny" option whenever they said anything that was not 100% hive-mind politically correct.

How do you know who is what?

Shortly after I joined here, one admitted he was paid. Leftwinger who jumps in any conversation without thinking--only to spout the current leftist talking points.

Learned about the ignore feature and put it to good use. Same with others mimicking the same behavior. Waste of time reading their posts. Not even worth a scroll through.
There have also been reports of on line forums being almost entirely funded by various corporations. Which of course effects the kinds of decisions made by forum administrators and moderators and ultimately results in some form of censorship.

Shortly after I joined here, one admitted he was paid. Leftwinger who jumps in any conversation without thinking--only to spout the current leftist talking points.

Learned about the ignore feature and put it to good use. Same with others mimicking the same behavior. Waste of time reading their posts. Not even worth a scroll through.
There have also been reports of on line forums being almost entirely funded by various corporations. Which of course effects the kinds of decisions made by forum administrators and moderators and ultimately results in some form of censorship.

That could explain the USMB / InfoWars link.

Judging by the content of the troll ingredient --- it stretches credulity to believe that somebody would pay money for it.

So true.

Not once have I ever considered that the DNC is paying you.

Which indeed it isn't. Had that been the case I would have been fired long ago for speaking the truth about Woodrow Wilson.... Clinton....... the ACA..... affirmative action.... Harry Reid........ political parties in general and the Duopoly....

Many posters here are paid.
For the record, I am not one of them.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I can still remember how I got here in the first place. I was at another forum at first, one that was similar to this one and I guess that something that I happened to say over there didn't sit well with whoever was in charge of the place because for some reason that I still don't know to this day, I ended up here instead of over there still. I guess that I got banned from that other forum, but how I ended up over here instead, I still have no idea. I do know that I probably wasn't even at that other forum for one whole day before I got bounced over to this one. I am not complaining though. I love being here. :) :) :)

Last edited:
To me I first judge a troll based on a number of factors, at this point I just use my judgement. Furthermore, there are many posters or subjects I don't find interesting or are too angry, I simply avoid them. Some of them might be trolls, I don't know, everyone has their own unique experiences in life. Ultimately it doesn't matter to me, because I either avoid them by default, or learn to avoid them after taking the bait once in awhile.

Ironically, even a troll can bring some interesting discussions once in awhile I assume, so it might be others in the thread that make it interesting, hah.

USMESS has become an Alex Jones annex. His fake news is regularly posted in a wide range of categories, and allowed to stay instead of being moved to the rubber room where it belongs. I'm not sure if that is the work of paid posters, or just an agreement between this site and InfoWars.
^ certified sock account

Since we know that professional trolls exist in various forms all over the internet, should we assume paid trolls operate on this forum? If the problem is as wide spread as reported, and if this forum is as popular as it seems to be, the answer would have to be: Yes.

Gagging the Nation: Government and Corporate Trolls on the Internet
It's the paid anarchists and communists that worry me.
Amen. Those and other lefties are bad news.

That could explain the USMB / InfoWars link.
Is there one?

Forum List

Back