Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

I don't wonder. I know exactly what these people are about.
Its not the Governments job to protect discrimination and hate. Backward fundie slags need to evolve and join this century.

This is my country you brit faggot. We aren't interesting in becoming more like your inbred island, we never have been. Get over it.
See the kind of trash we have to deal with Tommy Tainant?
Its bizarre. You need to look at the education system if you continue to produce such idiocy.
Yeah we're still fighting Noah's Arc being part of the science curriculum in some parts of the country :dunno:
Oh dear, I really liked that story. There was a film as well.

Can we have a collective "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

The hate keeps coming: Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case
You know, some people have real problems. Rolling stones had a song called "you can't always git what you want". Why is this even THREAD? Some maturity is in order here. Gays remind me of spoiled children rolling around on the floor having tantrums if they don't get their way. And that has just alienated me from this already pathetic agenda gays have.

Gays preach and demand tolerance but when it comes time for them to give it? Not so much

In all seriousness, I am absolutely against anyone harassing these women, but they are the ones who went after the Klein's.

It's just a cake, Laurel Bowman-Cryer used to tell her wife, Rachel. But three and a half years have passed, and the hate mail keeps coming.

Back in 2013, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa made headlines when they refused to make the lesbians' wedding cake. A state official, in a move that's redefined his political career, eventually ordered the bakers to pay $135,000.

The Bowman-Cryers have received thousands of Facebook messages, each one calling them fat or evil, the dumb lesbians who ruined those Christian bakers' lives.

As they waited for their daughter's school bus this May, Rachel's cell phone dinged with a new missive.

"I am buying up my ammo right now you filthy, ugly, disgusting, fat, stupid, cruel, anti-Christian piece of liberal scum," she read aloud. "I am getting ready for the war so I hope you have a good hiding place, you sick, disgusting, miserable, piece of degenerate lesbian scum."

The Bowman-Cryers say they never wanted the money, which remains locked in a government account. They say they never wanted a war.

For three and a half years, they have hidden, believing in time their names would disappear from the headlines. They didn't answer the phone. They declined hundreds of interviews, quit their jobs and stopped leaving the house.

Their silence has not protected them. As the Bowman-Cryers retreated, the fury over their case grew louder.

The bakers, Aaron and Melissa Klein, appealed their fines and hired former President George H.W. Bush's White House lawyer. They toured the country with presidential candidate Ted Cruz as the face of a new fight for business owners' religious freedom.

The legalization of same-sex marriage isn't the end of the story, the Kleins told crowds from Iowa to Washington, D.C. The government, they said, wants to force Christian business owners to help gay people marry. The solution, the Kleins warned receptive lawmakers, would be legislation protecting religious liberty. Arkansas, North Carolina and Mississippi have approved bills since then, curtailing the civil rights gay people fought to win.

You know, some people have real problems. Rolling stones had a song called "you can't always git what you want". Why is this even THREAD? Some maturity is in order here. Gays remind me of spoiled children rolling around on the floor having tantrums if they don't get their way. And that has just alienated me from this already pathetic agenda gays have.

Gays preach and demand tolerance but when it comes time for them to give it? Not so much
That's why it is so important that they get what they deserve and they are.

That's why it is so important that they get what they deserve and they are.

I give them no slack, they will be treated as they treat others. Makes no difference to me at all.

All parties involved handled this poorly.

Its not the Governments job to protect discrimination and hate. Backward fundie slags need to evolve and join this century.

This is my country you brit faggot. We aren't interesting in becoming more like your inbred island, we never have been. Get over it.
Its bizarre. You need to look at the education system if you continue to produce such idiocy.
Yeah we're still fighting Noah's Ark being part of the science curriculum in some parts of the country :dunno:

We're fighting faggots who think teachers should tell children how to best service their older daddy figures.

We all have our fights. I fight to protect people from progressive murderers and perverts.

And you fight to protect people from sanity.

Yeah we're still fighting Noah's Ark being part of the science curriculum in some parts of the country :dunno:

We're fighting faggots who think teachers should tell children how to best service their older daddy figures.

We all have our fights. I fight to protect people from progressive murderers and perverts.

You give Christianity a bad name.

Oh no, the faggot who hates the US, who hates Americans, who despises Christians, who approves of the victimization of women and children and seeks to subvert our founding document by which they are protected...

Thinks I'm not a good Christian.

If you don't approve of me, I must be doing God's work.

Oh no, the faggot who hates the US, who hates Americans, who despises Christians, who approves of the victimization of women and children and seeks to subvert our founding document by which they are protected...

Lol "doing God's work." One thing you've never been accused of.

Well I love America and I am a good Methodist. You are nowhere near being a Christian. You are too full of hate.

Do you know what God's work is?

I really doubt it.

I against violence and actual physical harm against gays. We Americans ALL have the same rights. And yet we venture into the quicksand of divisive sexual politics and even our supreme court has sunk up to it's eyebrows to support the flimsy reasoning behind gay marriage. I am losing support & respect for our government and our intellectuals if they are THIS bloody gullible to buy into a neurotic sexual dysfunction and festish that homsexuality is and put it on par with hetrosexuality. Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Well I love America and I am a good Methodist. You are nowhere near being a Christian. You are too full of hate.

You don't love America.

And you are more full of hate than anybody on this forum. That's why your threads end up in the rubber room, loser.

The question suggested asshatery.

The question is perfectly valid, and you refuse to answer it because you are a gutless coward.

You have now joined the ranks of posters I address as "bitch-tits"
I answered your question. You posed an extreme situation wholly unrelated to the topic. That Catholic book store is an arm of the Roman Catholic Church. Melissa's Sweet Cakes is not a church subsidized business. That Satanist was going to use that crucifix to serve his religious purposes. Those two women wanted a wedding cake.

Now, pose a better question and you'll get a better answer.

Meanwhile, stop with the Trumpian sixth grade insults and you'll get the respect one adult should give another.
They wanted a wedding cake. What did they get? They did not get Melisssa to make them the cake. They had to get the cake elsewhere. They won a sum of money that they still don't have. For the last three and a half years and continuing the lesbos have had their lives made a misery. They each lost their job. They had to move and could not find a place. They live hand to mouth on what ever they can scrabble up.

While they certainly deserve everything they are getting, what is it that you believe they won?
Why on earth, in 2016 America can you possibly say they deserve to suffer while standing up for their rights?

What is it with you Conservative haters? Why do you think persecution is the right thing, the good thing, the American thing to do? Do you love America because you clearly hate Americans.
Yet you believe that the Kliens deserved to be punished for standing up for their rights. Should bigots be crushed or not?

The pervs weren't standing up for their rights. They were standing up for teaching those Christians a lesson. Who got taught the lesson?
The Kliens do not enjoy a protected right to discriminate.

All those two women wanted was a wedding cake. If exposing the Kleins as anti-American bigots was what it took, that's too bad for the Kleins

The Bill of Rights is a limitation on the government not on individuals. This must be the first you are hearing this.

There is no right to not be offended. There is no right to not get your feelings hurt. The government can force you to give it money. When an individual forces you to give him money it's theft.

The government cannot force you to be nice. It can not force you to be a friend or a good neighbor. It cannot force a business to provide good customer service. The government cannot stop someone from being nasty, or insulting. It won't stop anyone from hurting your feelings even if you cry for a week.

Where do you get these nonsense ideas?

I didn't say the Bill of Rights was a limitation on the people. You just decided I had said that. What I said was that the ideals of the Bill of Rights exist and the US is bound up in this theory whether you like it or not.

I didn't say there was a right to not be offended. However we live in a society and the people have decided how they want society to be, and they make rules and regulations to make sure that happens. And yes, there are laws that say you can't do some things, things that hurt people.

No, government can't force you to be nice. But it CAN force you to respect the laws of the land. And if those laws say a business can't discriminate against someone based on gender, sexual preference, skin color, ethnicity, then YOU CAN'T DO IT.

So hurt feelings of a protected class equates to ruining the livelyhood of people selling cakes?

And government force is government force. One wonders if someone like you supports government overwhelming force in something as trivial as a baker not wanting to bake a cake, what other uses of force you could support against people you don't like.

Speak for yourself, bigot.

I really doubt it.
Do you ?
You arent even a good American - you want to oppress minorities, like Hitler did.

I do have a right to discriminate. Did you miss that part? I have an absolute right to discriminate and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Okay, you keep telling yourself that when you homophobes are as much as pariahs as the open racists are.

back in the 1960's government was mandating the discrimination, just like government is mandating the punishments now for wrongthink. Plus the point discrimination in the case of the South was a symptom, not the actual disease. The actual disease was the systemic isolation of a large portion of the population from economic and political power.

Yes, you can try to paint it all day as some kind of statist thing, but Jim Crow existed because most of the white crackers in the South supported it. They just like to pretend it was those "other guys" now.

That does not compare to a minuscule portion of the population that has full economic and political power, and especially does not compare for non-necessary services.

Again, I know gays who've been fired for being gay, I know folks who've been beaten up for being gay. The way you put down that sort of shit is to show NO TOLERANCE for it.

Sooner or later big business will realize the actual damage that can be done by assholes like you is more bark than bite. But until the laws are changed, you can still run to big daddy government to ruin the people you don't like, like the bitch-titted asshole you are.

Naw, guy, big business figured out most of you Cleetus Bubba rednecks don't have any money to spend on their products... so they don't need to pander to you. That's why you'll get bitch slapped down

I really doubt it.
Do you ?
You arent even a good American - you want to oppress minorities, like Hitler did.
Tommy, didn't you have a post last week about some weirdo male in a restroom you thought was going to try to bugger you? You are confusing me here. It's easy to do, excuse me. And the pic of two guys kissing, not relatives I take it. You are no fan of religion, I take it. You are a tad conflicted on gay rights.

I really doubt it.
Do you ?
Tommy, didn't you have a post last week about some weirdo male in a restroom you thought was going to try to bugger you? You are confusing me here. It's easy to do, excuse me. And the pic of two guys kissing, not relatives I take it. You are no fan of religion, I take it. You are a tad conflicted on gay rights.
That post was a piss take. It never happened.

Forum List

Back