🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pain lingers for lesbian couple denied in Sweet Cakes case

Show me other areas were hurt feelings were adjudicated by the government? "Pain and suffering" is an adder to an actual harm event, not the event itself.

Sure... Here you go.

Ka-Ching! CVS Settles Racist Receipt Lawsuit

In her lawsuit, Lee--who describes herself as an “adult ethnic Korean”--recalled that when she picked up photos from a CVS pharmacy in February, she was “shocked, stunned, mortified, humiliated, and severely distressed” to discover that her name had been changed to “Ching Chong Lee” on a receipt attached to an envelope.

A copy of the CVS receipt containing the racial epithet was included in Lee’s lawsuit. “Ching chong is a pejorative term sometimes used by speakers of English to mock people of Chinese ancestry, or other Asians who may be mistaken for Chinese,” the complaint contended.

So apparently, the woman got a huge payout for hurt feelings... And shit, she even got her photographs!!!!

The only bigotry in this thread comes from you and your hated of religious people.

"Just from watching". Keep your "I hate these people so I guess they do X" fantasies contained to your bathroom.

Guy, you can't be a religious bigot. You can only make observations on how people really think the universe works. If you think that's there's an invisible psychopath in the sky who is going to burn you forever and ever for not hating the gays, and you think this being loves you, you are worthy of mockery. Dressing silly ideas up in vestments does not make them less silly.

latest

MOre to the point, the fact she didn't kick this asshole to the Curb after he destroyed her business tells me she's been beaten into submission.

She didn't "win" anything, the corporation settled to get her to go away. A corporation with more backbone would have stood up for it.

Bullshit. you can easily be a bigot, which you are, for hating people solely because of their religious beliefs.
And the issue isn't mockery, its thinking government should get involved by taking sides in something like this.

That makes you the asshole.

and btw, if you were to actually publish your views on the people in question, you would probably be guilty of libel, accusing them of this with ZERO backup.

but considering you have the moral code of a dead fish, that probably doesn't bother you.

Show me other areas were hurt feelings were adjudicated by the government? "Pain and suffering" is an adder to an actual harm event, not the event itself.

Sure... Here you go.

In her lawsuit, Lee--who describes herself as an “adult ethnic Korean”--recalled that when she picked up photos from a CVS pharmacy in February, she was “shocked, stunned, mortified, humiliated, and severely distressed” to discover that her name had been changed to “Ching Chong Lee” on a receipt attached to an envelope.

A copy of the CVS receipt containing the racial epithet was included in Lee’s lawsuit. “Ching chong is a pejorative term sometimes used by speakers of English to mock people of Chinese ancestry, or other Asians who may be mistaken for Chinese,” the complaint contended.

So apparently, the woman got a huge payout for hurt feelings... And shit, she even got her photographs!!!!

The only bigotry in this thread comes from you and your hated of religious people.

"Just from watching". Keep your "I hate these people so I guess they do X" fantasies contained to your bathroom.

Guy, you can't be a religious bigot. You can only make observations on how people really think the universe works. If you think that's there's an invisible psychopath in the sky who is going to burn you forever and ever for not hating the gays, and you think this being loves you, you are worthy of mockery. Dressing silly ideas up in vestments does not make them less silly.

latest

MOre to the point, the fact she didn't kick this asshole to the Curb after he destroyed her business tells me she's been beaten into submission.
If liberals could only direct every aspect of everyone else's life. Gee, the government can't be God.

Why doesn't one of these lesbos put a pillow over the other ones face. You know they both want to.

She didn't "win" anything, the corporation settled to get her to go away. A corporation with more backbone would have stood up for it.

The corporation realized they didn't have a legal leg to stand on. You asked for a case where hurt feelings by themselves were actionable, I gave you one.

Bullshit. you can easily be a bigot, which you are, for hating people solely because of their religious beliefs.
And the issue isn't mockery, its thinking government should get involved by taking sides in something like this.

Commerce clause, buddy. The government ALREADY has the power to take sides in issues like this. and frankly, it keeps everyone honest. Otherwise, none of us could enforce contracts or expect good service.

and btw, if you were to actually publish your views on the people in question, you would probably be guilty of libel, accusing them of this with ZERO backup.

but considering you have the moral code of a dead fish, that probably doesn't bother you.

Naw, I think maybe she's into the whole beating thing... because she such a bad, bad girl.

I'm sure Mr. Wife-Beater is just horrified he encountered women who actually hit back.

If liberals could only direct every aspect of everyone else's life. Gee, the government can't be God.

Why doesn't one of these lesbos put a pillow over the other ones face. You know they both want to.

Honestly, the more I read your posts, the more I think there was a lesbian incident in the girls dorm you still feel bad about.

I mean, I see dudes who are rabid homophobes, but you rarely see chicks do that.

The corporation realized they didn't have a legal leg to stand on. You asked for a case where hurt feelings by themselves were actionable, I gave you one.

Commerce clause, buddy. The government ALREADY has the power to take sides in issues like this. and frankly, it keeps everyone honest. Otherwise, none of us could enforce contracts or expect good service.

Naw, I think maybe she's into the whole beating thing... because she such a bad, bad girl.

I'm sure Mr. Wife-Beater is just horrified he encountered women who actually hit back.

It didn't go to a decision, so you can't say that. The corporation feared being snookered by a sentimental jury, not of breaking any law. And what law was the corporation breaking due to the actions of one of its employees?

And now you slander her as well as him. Do you have any shame whatsoever?

Honestly, the more I read your posts, the more I think there was a lesbian incident in the girls dorm you still feel bad about.

I mean, I see dudes who are rabid homophobes, but you rarely see chicks do that.
I was never in a girl's dorm room. Try again.

What you, liberals and perverts of all kinds really want is to control the religious beliefs of everyone else.

The pervs won their case, but they could not change the Klein's mind. They still had the same opinions. The next thing is to make up an entire history. Melissa Klein isn't really a Christian. She's an abused wife! There, that fixes it. I don't disagree with you. Make up a history. My college years. That's the ticket.

This is pathological behavior. Making up stories, giving people the history you imagined is insanity. It really is.

The truth is, the perv couple won their case and have been punished for their perversion ever since. They went from professional careers to living day by day. They deserve it. That's all that really matters.

You are that emotionally bankrupt and destitute person sitting on a park bench making up stories about the people walking by.

It didn't go to a decision, so you can't say that. The corporation feared being snookered by a sentimental jury, not of breaking any law. And what law was the corporation breaking due to the actions of one of its employees?

Obvious the one where you settle a million dollar lawsuit.

They're homophobic bigots... I think that about says it all about them. Speaking of homophobic bigots...

Well, that's true. That would imply you were smart enough to get into a college. My bad.

The pervs won their case, but they could not change the Klein's mind. They still had the same opinions. The next thing is to make up an entire history. Melissa Klein isn't really a Christian. She's an abused wife! There, that fixes it. I don't disagree with you. Make up a history. My college years. That's the ticket.

well, frankly, I do tend to be a keen observer of human nature. I frankly, can't see any onther reason for you to be such a venomous homophobe, other than that "one time in college".

They're homophobic bigots... I think that about says it all about them. Speaking of homophobic bigots...

Well, that's true. That would imply you were smart enough to get into a college. My bad.

well, frankly, I do tend to be a keen observer of human nature. I frankly, can't see any onther reason for you to be such a venomous homophobe, other than that "one time in college".
You don't observe. You live in a fantasy land.

Sure... Here you go.

latest

When your "religious beliefs" consist of oppressing my friends and neighbours then I am kind of relaxed about being called bad things.

Sure... Here you go.

latest

When your "religious beliefs" consist of oppressing my friends and neighbours then I am kind of relaxed about being called bad things.
Ohhh these pervs are personal friends of yours. Why didn't you say so?

Thry should do the right thing and commit suicide.

They settled because they were afraid of trial by emotion. nothing more or less.

You are making crap up about them, involving actual crimes, i.e. wife beating, that you have no proof of. That is slander.

and stop being a lazy twat and respond to each person individually. another terrible part of your persona.

Sure... Here you go.

latest

Yes, you have no issue oppressing people who disagree with you though, in fact you probably jerk off to the concept.

They settled because they were afraid of trial by emotion. nothing more or less.

You are making crap up about them, involving actual crimes, i.e. wife beating, that you have no proof of. That is slander.

No, it's a keen observation. I watched the whole Christian speaking thing. it was 30 minutes of Mr. Wife-Beater ranting about Jesus and 1 minute of Mrs. Beaten saying,"I brought cupcakes" (From the store I don't have anymore because my asshole husband blew up my business.)

and stop being a lazy twat and respond to each person individually. another terrible part of your persona.

Just can't waste that much time on you guys... Tipsy has spend what, 10 pages hoping these two Lesbians will DIE!!! those are your buddies on this argument. Really hateful folks.

I just want people to do what they promise.

No, it's a keen observation. I watched the whole Christian speaking thing. it was 30 minutes of Mr. Wife-Beater ranting about Jesus and 1 minute of Mrs. Beaten saying,"I brought cupcakes" (From the store I don't have anymore because my asshole husband blew up my business.)

Just can't waste that much time on you guys... Tipsy has spend what, 10 pages hoping these two Lesbians will DIE!!! those are your buddies on this argument. Really hateful folks.

I just want people to do what they promise.

I doubt you are capable of any reasoned observation, to say nothing of the "keen" variety. Your bias filters are worse than most people, and they are clouded by your overall twattery as well.

Then don't fucking respond. Either do it right, or don't do it.

I am for freedom of expression, not the content of the expression when there is no actual harm done.

You on the other hand are for suppression of things you don't like, just because you don't like them.

I doubt you are capable of any reasoned observation, to say nothing of the "keen" variety. Your bias filters are worse than most people, and they are clouded by your overall twattery as well.

I am for freedom of expression, not the content of the expression when there is no actual harm done.

You on the other hand are for suppression of things you don't like, just because you don't like them.

One more time guy. I've known people who were fired from their jobs for being gay. I've known people who have been beaten up for being gay.

Compared to that, "Having to bake a cake for money after you invited someone to buy a cake from you" doesn't seem like it's all that oppressive.

One more time guy. I've known people who were fired from their jobs for being gay. I've known people who have been beaten up for being gay.

Compared to that, "Having to bake a cake for money after you invited someone to buy a cake from you" doesn't seem like it's all that oppressive.

Two wrongs makes a right, great concept. Revenge as well, perfect.

You care more about the suffering of your enemies than trying to come to a reasonable resolution.

That makes you an asshole.

You care more about the suffering of your enemies than trying to come to a reasonable resolution.

Bake the fucking cake like you promised. That's a reasonable resolution.

All the suffering the Kleins have suffered were due to their own stupidity.

First, they should have known what the Public Accommodation laws were.
Secondly, when they had it pointed out to them that they had broken the law, they should have apologized, not escalated into a campaign of harassment.

Bake the fucking cake like you promised. That's a reasonable resolution.

All the suffering the Kleins have suffered were due to their own stupidity.

First, they should have known what the Public Accommodation laws were.
Secondly, when they had it pointed out to them that they had broken the law, they should have apologized, not escalated into a campaign of harassment.

That isn't reasonable. It's tyranny when forced by government, especially when a 145k fine is levied over not providing a $200 cake.

Again, PA's are not a line for 'every business out there". assholes like you have perverted the concept to punish people you don't like.

And I guess MLK should have apologized after being imprisoned all those times.

People fighting for what they believe in is not a crime.

One more time. Gays are fired for harassment of coworkers. They get beaten up by those they won't let alone. Being gay is not a license to harrass others. The court GAVE these pervs the right to force a baker to make them their cake. Now they are experiencing consequences. No matter how you scream, what kind of tantrum you, personally throw, these pervs are still living in hiding.

That isn't reasonable. It's tyranny when forced by government, especially when a 145k fine is levied over not providing a $200 cake.

You wingnuts send poor people to prison for life for stealing a $2.00 slice of pizza, so I won't take your protestations of "fairness' terribly seriously.

Again, PA's are not a line for 'every business out there". assholes like you have perverted the concept to punish people you don't like.

Except that's not how the law has been interpreted... and guess what, don't expect the courts or the legislatures to change it. Suck it up and live with it.

And I guess MLK should have apologized after being imprisoned all those times.

People fighting for what they believe in is not a crime.

It kind of depends what they believe. If what they believe in is hate, that SHOULD be a crime. You know, like this Douchenoodle.

One more time. Gays are fired for harassment of coworkers. They get beaten up by those they won't let alone. Being gay is not a license to harrass others. The court GAVE these pervs the right to force a baker to make them their cake. Now they are experiencing consequences. No matter how you scream, what kind of tantrum you, personally throw, these pervs are still living in hiding.

Uh, the lady I knew who got fired for being gay wasn't harrassing anyone. She worked at this company for 14 years before the management found out she was gay and fired her.

You see, here's the thing... yeah, it's a pain to deal with you guys bravely sending texts. But at the end of the day, you homophobes are going to have to hide in the same dark corners the racists hide in, hoping no one notices you...

Forum List

Back