Israel became a nation in 1948.

the family of Jesus of Nazareth-----was from ISRAEL--nazareth being
in ISRAEL ----Jesus of nazareth
was born in a town during a journey which was in JUDEA ---to wit
BETHLEHEM gee sherri-----read the bible you did once
claim to be a sunday school teacher

Which was part of the Roman empire,
but look on the bright side, all these jews claiming Jesus as their own
No need to claim anybody as our own. Jesus was a Zionist Jew, who lived in Zion aka Israel. Undeniable truth.

Unless we go with your version: "He was a Muslim and didn't know it, and lived in Philistia." Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
one of the first songs I learned as a child was >>>

OH LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM

gee---wrong----it has to be OH LITTLE TOWN OF
PHILISTIA ..........

The " Christian" claiming again Israel does not have the Right to Exist. Glad it bothers her so much

When will you stop putting your filthy words into my mouth? Keep your filth to yourself, please, I want none of it.

sherri just what "FILTHY WORD" did veteran attribute to you? In fact
you did----many times say ISRAEL has no right to exist and you boasted
that you would celebrate when it is "destroyed" "inshallah" ---"ameeeen" --
in the name of allah, isa and the rapist dog
irose stop putting words into Sherri's filthy mouth. LOL

Hey Sherri, where did Jesus live ?? Where was he Born ?
Jesus was an Arab Palestinian Muslim who lived in the West Bank. Right next to Arafat's previous house. He hated Jews and Israel and woke up wishing the destruction of Israel every morning.

And if you don't believe me, just ask Sherri.

Hey Sherri, where did Jesus live ?? Where was he Born ?
Jesus was an Arab Palestinian Muslim who lived in the West Bank. Right next to Arafat's previous house. He hated Jews and Israel and woke up wishing the destruction of Israel every morning.

And if you don't believe me, just ask Sherri.

is that why that LIKUD guy PONTIUS BEN PILATE---crucified
him?-----on passover, no less-----he probably though jesus
was chametz I heard that URI AVNERI----banged in a few
nails and then denied the whole thing and Peres passed out

et al,

I think it is rather foolish for someone to say that Palestine didn't exist. Of course it did. The name itself dates back to Imperial Rome when Pompey the Great conquered the region in 63 BC. Pompey's administrative name for the Province was "Palestine" (or better: Province of "Palaestina").

The Province of Palaestina was eventually divided into 3 Roman Districts:

• Northern District containing the Principalities of:
    • Galilee
    • Perea
  • Southern District (Coele‑Syria) containing the Principalities of:
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
  • Northeastern District containing the Principalities of:
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

But Palestine was not a country with a "Head of State." It was Roman provincial name for a series of political subdivision ruled (in the name of the People and Senate in Rome) by the Triumvirate (later Caesar); subordinate to the Triumvirate through Roman procurators, Kings, Princes and Governors.

After the Jewish revolt, which lead to the ascension of Herod Agrippa I, most of the Province was renamed "Aelia Capitolinia." The name "Palestine" gradually fell out of use until the the time of the Ottoman Empire. That is why you don't find many maps after 66 AD with the name "Palestine," and even fewer after 135 AD; the grand Phoenix of the Roman Colonial period (the time of Colonia Aelia Capitolinia). The name "Palestine" begins to be picked-up again in the later part of the 1800's.

Most Respectfully,
R

land-of-palestine-in-new-testament-times.jpg

et al,

I think it is rather foolish for someone to say that Palestine didn't exist. Of course it did. The name itself dates back to Imperial Rome when Pompey the Great conquered the region in 63 BC. Pompey's administrative name for the Province was "Palestine" (or better: Province of "Palaestina").

• Galilee
    • Perea
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

But Palestine was not a country with a "Head of State." It was Roman provincial name for a series of political subdivision ruled (in the name of the People and Senate in Rome) by the Triumvirate (later Caesar); subordinate to the Triumvirate through Roman procurators, Kings, Princes and Governors.

After the Jewish revolt, which lead to the ascension of Herod Agrippa I, most of the Province was renamed "Aelia Capitolinia." The name "Palestine" gradually fell out of use until the the time of the Ottoman Empire. That is why you don't find many maps after 66 AD with the name "Palestine," and even fewer after 135 AD; the grand Phoenix of the Roman Colonial period (the time of Colonia Aelia Capitolinia). The name "Palestine" begins to be picked-up again in the later part of the 1800's.

Most Respectfully,
R

The land was called Palestine when Jesus lived there, Herodotus wrote about the land of Palestine 450 years before Jesus was born.

et al,

• Galilee
    • Perea
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

But Palestine was not a country with a "Head of State." It was Roman provincial name
for a series of political subdivision ruled (in the name of the People and Senate in Rome) by the Triumvirate (later Caesar); subordinate to the Triumvirate through Roman procurators, Kings, Princes and Governors.

After the Jewish revolt, which lead to the ascension of Herod Agrippa I, most of the
Province was renamed "Aelia Capitolinia." The name "Palestine" gradually fell out of use until the the time of the Ottoman Empire. That is why you don't find many maps after 66 AD with the name "Palestine," and even fewer after 135 AD; the grand Phoenix of the Roman Colonial period (the time of Colonia Aelia
Capitolinia)
. The name "Palestine" begins to be picked-up again in the later part of the 1800's.

Most Respectfully,R

The land was called Palestine when Jesus lived there, Herodotus wrote about the land of Palestine 450 years before Jesus was born.

wrong again sherri------"jesus" was never born-----the whole story
is a kind of trick USED by jews as the FAKE PEARL TO THROW
BEFORE SWINE-----like you jews had to manipulate shit like
you with silly stories that shit like you would believe

In fact there is no evidence of the birth of this entity called "jesus"
at all Herodotus actually invented the story in 500 BCE---it
was originally about a fictional pimp from a fictional place called
"palestine" which is probably located in he sinai desert or----near
ancient SODOM.

There was no Palestine during the ministry of Jesus. Where did you go to school, Nation of Islam school for the mentally handicapped?

I think my favorite bit of sherriinsanity was the "Christianity predates Rabbinic Judaism by several centuries"......

Seriously?!?!?!

m0168.gif

She said that? so what was the dispute between
the jews and the samaritans? ----and why did jesus
incessantly quote RABBI HILLEL in the new
testament ----someone is quoted as describing jesus
as "that rabbi over there". She never read the new
testament? maybe as a muslimah she is reluctant
to TOUCH IT -----there is such a proscription to which
some muslims adhere

et al,

• Galilee
    • Perea
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

Most Respectfully,
R
So let's recap for the 1000th time. "Palestine" was the name of the land which the Philistines lived over 3000 years ago, who were non Semetic people of European ancestry, and were conquered by the Israelites, and ceased to exist as a people and nation. When the Romans conquered Israel (AFTER Jesus), to humiliate the Jews, they named their land "Palestina or Palestine". Palestine remained the second name Israel, for thousands of years, and until the mid 1960's the Arabs did not consider themselves Palestinian by name.

Israel existed since Exodus

"In the visions of God brought He me into the land of Israel, and set me down upon a very high mountain, whereon was as it were the frame of a city on the south." Ezekiel 4:2

"Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel; for the Philistines said: 'Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears"
1 Semuel 13:19

"And he broke down the altars, and beat the Asherim and the graven images into powder, and hewed down all the sun-images throughout all the land of Israel, and returned to Jerusalem." 2 Chronicles 34:7

Last edited:
SherriMunnerlyn, et al,

The Histories of Herodotus were written in Ionic Greek. Herodotus used the word similar to Παλαιστίνη, or as translated into Arabic: فلسطين* (Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn). Commonly translated today as "Palestine;" but not necessarily meaning the same thing. In 450 BC, this could mean a number of land areas or territories.

The Assyrians, several hundred years before Herodotus, called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu. But most people think that the names stems from the Greek People known as Philistines that established the city states of Gath, Ashdod, Ekron, Gaza, and Askalon; in the time of Ramese III. And, it was this of which Herodotus wrote.

et al,

• Galilee
    • Perea
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

While no one can say for sure where the Romans got the name "Palestinian," it is commonly believed that it was phonetically derived from the Arabic لسطين* and Romanized. As the Roman influence over territory expanded, so did the Provincial name.

Most Respectfully,
R

Israel existed since Exodus

"In the visions of God brought He me into the land of Israel, and set me down upon a very high mountain, whereon was as it were the frame of a city on the south." Ezekiel 4:2

"Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel; for the Philistines said: 'Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears"
1 Semuel 13:19

"And he broke down the altars, and beat the Asherim and the graven images into powder, and hewed down all the sun-images throughout all the land of Israel, and returned to Jerusalem." 2 Chronicles 34:7
Sherri knows better, those voices in her head told her so.

SherriMunnerlyn, et al,

The Histories of Herodotus were written in Ionic Greek. Herodotus used the word similar to Παλαιστίνη, or as translated into Arabic: فلسطين* (Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn). Commonly translated today as "Palestine;" but not necessarily meaning the same thing. In 450 BC, this could mean a number of land areas or territories.

The Assyrians, several hundred years before Herodotus, called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu. But most people think that the names stems from the Greek People known as Philistines that established the city states of Gath, Ashdod, Ekron, Gaza, and Askalon; in the time of Ramese III. And, it was this of which Herodotus wrote.

et al,

• Galilee
    • Perea
    • Samaria,
    • Judea,
    • Idumea
    • Iturea,
    • Trachonitis,
    • Gaulanitis,
    • Auranitis,
    • Batanea

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

While no one can say for sure where the Romans got the name "Palestinian," it is commonly believed that it was phonetically derived from the Arabic لسطين* and Romanized. As the Roman influence over territory expanded, so did the Provincial name.

Most Respectfully,
R
But Romans came after Jesus, and which means during his time the land was not called Palestine or any version of the name thereof.

Checkmate.

Roudy, et al,

The "Romans came after Jesus!"

But Romans came after Jesus, and which means during his time the land was not called Palestine or any version of the name thereof.

Checkmate.
(COMMENT)

All the world bows and trembles before your impeccable logic.

v/r
R

Forum List

Back