Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

It is all about political risk taking.

Lost???

When Ahed was arrested, Israel was talking 20 years to life. But Israel settled for 8 months less 4 months time served. Why did that happen?
(COMMENT)

There are any number of reasons why this outcome came about. Anything from establishing bona fides for confidential informant, to making a deal with the local member(s) of the leading Arab Palestinian community.

These are types of events that cannot be fully understood at a distance. But the various negative resistance elements will never really be able to trust Ahed Tamimi. The sentence of 20 years is nothing if the local Jihadist (the Fedayeen, Hostile Insurgents, Radicalized Islamic Followers, and Asymmetric fighters) were to somehow learn or suspect that Tamimi provided inside information on local counterintelligence, police or security service targets.

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Palestine Today
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Dr (Yousef) Munayyer is an extremely articulate and well versed pro-Palestinian Advocate. I don't agree with him on every point, none the less, Dr Munayyer makes some very important point in this short video.

Reference Yousef Munayyer video.
(COMMENT)

Just to discuss a few points:

• Many times I have heard that the Jews control Congress. Well → I agree with Dr Munayyer that the Israeli.Jewish Lobby does NOT control Congress. It does exsert more influence over this one topic thenany other anti-Israel/Jew Lobby or the pro-Palestinian Lobby.

• Public Opinion does shift. And I agree, it would appear that so show some movement in the direction of the pro-Palestinian movements. But I disagree on the cause of the shift. The greatest of shifts is in the university campus arena. That is because the anti-Israel/Jew Lobby is pressing the agenda on the sympathy level. They want to promote the idea that they Arab Palestinian was treated unfairly, was invaded on a colonial level, and were victims of Zionist criminals.

• Dr Munayyer makes the point that many discussioners (on both sides of the issues) suggest that the conflict has gone on since ancient times. And I agree. I think that the focus should focus more on the decision made in the first half of the 20th Century; and why the Arab Palestinians have not accepted the outcomes of the conflicts. Unlike Dr Munayyer, I believe that it is just rediculous to to argue the points on the basis that the dispute is not truly based upon a Arab Palestinian 'vs' Euro-Jewish conflicts. The Euro-Jewish immigrant DID NOT invade the Region under discussion. But rather, the Allied Powers with control over the region, saw a need to create a safe haven for the Jewish People (globally) so that the culture may be protected from the very threats it faced in WWII and what it faces today.

• Dr Munayyer made the point that the immigration of Jewish (mostly from East and South-East European Jews) was the proximate cause of the conflict. This may be a view held by the Arab Palestinian; but certainly not by the Allied Powers with control over the territories throughout the old Ottoman Empire. It was the Allied Powers, holding the title and rights surrendered by the old Empire, that made the determinations of the day. At the conclusion of the Great War (WWI), it was unthinkable that the contituents of the Occupied Enemy Territory Administration (OETA) could make demands on the victorious Allied Powers.

One final notion that I think needs to be mentioned, that is often avoided. The mandate covered the territory from the Mediterranean Sea to the Mesopotamia. And 77% of that was immediately allocated as the Emirate of Jordan; populated mostly by Arab Palestinians. When the Arab Palestinian say that 55% of the territory was allowed to the Jewish population and 45% to the Palestinian population --- they conveniently leave out the part that says 55% of the remaining 23% after the allocation to Jordan. This is just one example of the sympathy twist that is pulled by the Arab Palestinians.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Euro-Jewish immigrant DID NOT invade the Region under discussion. But rather, the Allied Powers with control over the region, saw a need to create a safe haven for the Jewish People
If people are brutalized and kicked out of their homes and country, the excuses really don't matter.

The Euro-Jewish immigrant DID NOT invade the Region under discussion. But rather, the Allied Powers with control over the region, saw a need to create a safe haven for the Jewish People
If people are brutalized and kicked out of their homes and country, the excuses really don't matter.

That would also apply to the Christians and Jews who have almost completely been purged from the Islamist Middle East.

35114106_10157469265689992_7701008135619608576_n.png

There are so many non-truths in this its hard to know where to begin. Let's start by saying that the water delivery system in Israel and Palestine is complex and no one on this board seems to know enough about it to speak intelligently on the matter, let alone debate it with me, so it becomes just another way of falsely accusing and demonizing Israel.

But let's start with a real simple question. Whose responsibility is it to maintain the infrastructure for the water delivery system in Areas A and B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back